PDA

View Full Version : US mail?

Gumdrop
27th Feb 2004, 16:49
Just posted a parcel to the US and was asked all sorts of questions about the contents. What is it? Is it valuable? Any correspondence?! It was an Ebay auction and I said it had printed details of the transaction etc... and I was asked to elaborate on just what "printed details" mean't! :eek:

Geez... this is getting out of hand! I can understand certain security issues, but still. I didn't like being put under the spot light at my local post office! :mad:

littlek
27th Feb 2004, 17:10
Were you wearing your official "I am a taffer not a terrorist" t-shirt?

"What's in the package sir."

"It's System Shock 2 that I am mailing to a tafferette in the U.S."

"He's got a Shocking System! Arrest him!"

Gumdrop
27th Feb 2004, 17:24
Haha... I guess this must be a recent change as it wasn't too long ago I posted you that game. I'll certainly think twice about holding international auctions in the future.

triniphen
27th Feb 2004, 17:47
next time put one of those little noise boxes in it that "moos" when its turned upside down.

littlek
27th Feb 2004, 18:26
LOL...or the sound (and smell) of a herd of Burricks! :D

BrokenArts
27th Feb 2004, 23:04
Gummsie, don't you remember the liguid gold you helped me get from Germany, you wouldn't believe the paper work I had to fill out for it. No, this is not an explosive. I had to Fax to UPS a document swearing what it was etc, etc. It's a fact of life unfortunitely. I got my gold thanks to you. ;) :D

John D.
28th Feb 2004, 04:07
Geez... this is getting out of hand! I can understand certain security issues, but still. I didn't like being put under the spot light at my local post office! They're just trying to keep you from taking us over! ;):p Actually considering all of the things that have been going on, people are just trying to be careful.

Gumdrop
28th Feb 2004, 23:40
Broken - I never thaught about the other end of the line, but I bet you'd have alot more paperwork and headaches to deal with if you tried to pull the same stunt now.

*puts on rubber gloves*

Time for your cavity search! :eek:

Lazarus
29th Feb 2004, 00:38
Well... It's probably better to answer a bunch of questions than to become lax and let the bad guys slip by. Terrorism is here to stay ppl. it has to get worse before it gets better. sadly.

littlek
29th Feb 2004, 05:25
It was fun being foot loose and free while it lasted. It is a different world now.