PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] Is This a Bug or Programming Error?

VoRaDoR
27th Feb 2004, 01:20
Although I mentioned this issue in the European Defiance Out Now Thread that ~Chris has started. There seems to be no answer for what I've written below! Therefore I decided to carry this to a new discussion and new Thread.

------------------------------

I was playing Legacy of Kain - Defiance again today on my PC and noticed something which dont seem to be right!

I came to Vorador's Mansion. I solved two out of three puzzles at Vorador's Mansion and the portal at the pool became available.

I didn't solve the puzzle at the library where there is a door Raziel uses to leave the Mansion to Avernus Cathedral and when returns speaks to Moebius.

I hope you got what I'm trying to say. I haven't a clue what this is a bug or a programming error.

Try it! Do not solve the puzzle at the library. The library is where you meet Vorador and leave the Mansion. See it for yourselves friends.

Lär
27th Feb 2004, 07:02
Weird. So, you're saying that you obtained the spear for the middle fountain (Soul Stealer)? How?? You have to find the other two (Blood Drinker & Heart Seeker), and use them in their respective fountains before you can even have access to the rooms that allow you to get the Soul Stealer. Strange indeed...

Later! :D

xarax
27th Feb 2004, 16:17
A cracked wall under water can be broken with TK, rather than using the Earth Reaver (as intended). Is that how you managed to skip a step?

mortaniusgod
27th Feb 2004, 23:39
Originally posted by xarax
A cracked wall under water can be broken with TK, rather than using the Earth Reaver (as intended). Is that how you managed to skip a step?
you can break it from above water.

Kains_Queen
29th Feb 2004, 15:13
I am going to try this as i just started playing defiance again :D

Dark Abyss
1st Mar 2004, 10:33
The first time i played it i finished it that way and didn't like the outcome cus then i got completely lost and i had luck with my brother who was also playing and had a saved game at the begining of the level and so i played it again, realizing how stupid that was when i finally found the way. :p

VoRaDoR
2nd Mar 2004, 01:58
Originally posted by Lär
Weird. So, you're saying that you obtained the spear for the middle fountain (Soul Stealer)? How?? You have to find the other two (Blood Drinker & Heart Seeker), and use them in their respective fountains before you can even have access to the rooms that allow you to get the Soul Stealer. Strange indeed...

Later! :D

I didn't obtain anything from the puzzle at the Library. I solved the other two and the portal became activated.

AndaPanda
2nd Mar 2004, 02:08
Originally posted by VoRaDoR
I didn't obtain anything from the puzzle at the Library. I solved the other two and the portal became activated.

Strange. I haven't tried it, but I will. But as far as I know, you'd have to get both the spears in the Library (Blood Drinker), and in the room on the upper left side of the Mansion entrance (Heart Seeker), before walls can crack and stuff, allowing you access to the third spear (Soul Stealer). So finding only the second and third spear in order to activate the portal just sounds impossible because the way to the third spear should be blocked until you get the other two.. Just like Lar said, weird, very weird... :confused:

al the darkness
2nd Mar 2004, 05:34
Originally posted by mortaniusgod
you can break it from above water.
that is not sth that EMY want you to do...i guess
this could be a bug
the wall is intends be breakable after you get earth reaver...