PDA

View Full Version : Technical Help

The_Oz
26th Feb 2004, 14:03
Hey i have been facing some probs in the first chapter when kain goes somewhere underground some kind of key for the singular lock, when you kill the only guy shooting arrows but as soon as i step onto the steps amd the camera view changes facing me the whole computer freezes up and nothing works, i have to restart my PC.

AMD 2000+
512 Ram
GeForce FX 5200

Please Help

AndaPanda
26th Feb 2004, 21:45
I really don't know much about these "technical" problems, but my game used to freeze in Chapter 8 at a certain point too... I restarted my system and loaded the game from the last checkpoint and it worked eventually... Maybe you just need to keep trying :confused: Good luck!

KainOFthehylden
27th Feb 2004, 08:49
maybe u should try to lower the graphics at this point
and after passing it u can put them back
maybe try to disable full screen effects and sun effects

The_Oz
27th Feb 2004, 09:30
I've tried that last night and it still doesnt work, I've lowered all of the settings and disabled most if not all of the high graphic settings and it still doesnt work. I dont know what else to try. If you have any other tips post them. Thanks a lot.:confused:

The_Oz
27th Feb 2004, 09:51
Originally posted by AndaPanda
I really don't know much about these "technical" problems, but my game used to freeze in Chapter 8 at a certain point too... I restarted my system and loaded the game from the last checkpoint and it worked eventually... Maybe you just need to keep trying :confused: Good luck!

:mad: I've tried that over and over but it doesnt work.. Im losing my patience i might just take the game back get something different because this is taking the mick. Thanks anyways Anda.

If you have any more tips before i take it back give me a ahout. Cheers.

blincoln
27th Feb 2004, 10:22
Have you tried disabling Full Screen Effects in the setup program?

Jurjen
27th Feb 2004, 10:57
Also ensure you're using the latest display drivers, it sounds like this is a display or motherboard driver problem.

The_Oz
27th Feb 2004, 11:16
Originally posted by blincoln
Have you tried disabling Full Screen Effects in the setup program?

I have disabled them in the game but not in the setup but i think everything was off when i checked but i'll check again thanks.

The_Oz
27th Feb 2004, 11:18
Originally posted by Jurjen
Also ensure you're using the latest display drivers, it sounds like this is a display or motherboard driver problem.

I got the latest display drivers but i dont think i have got the motherboard drivers i'll have to take a look.

Thank you.

blincoln
27th Feb 2004, 11:40
You can't disable FSE in-game as far as I know. Open the program (it's in your Start Menu, under Eidos, then Defiance) and make sure it's unchecked there.

The_Oz
27th Feb 2004, 12:08
Originally posted by blincoln
You can't disable FSE in-game as far as I know. Open the program (it's in your Start Menu, under Eidos, then Defiance) and make sure it's unchecked there.

Thanks man I'll try that.

Jurjen
27th Feb 2004, 16:25

You couldn't in SR2, but you can in Defiance. Almost every function in the setup program can be set in game. An exception is 'compatibility mode'.