PDA

View Full Version : Game just freezes at a certain part of the level

Instinct77
25th Feb 2004, 18:00
Ok I just installed the game, played through it for a bit then at the beginning part of the first level where you have to jump over the small gap because Kain mentions that water is lethal to vampires, the game just freezes and I have to reboot my computer. What seems to be the problem?

I have an ATI 9800 Pro, 256 Ram, using WinXP Pro

van_HellSing PL
25th Feb 2004, 18:03
I had a problem with freezing too, try to disable some graphics features for that certain part.

Instinct77
25th Feb 2004, 18:08
My card can handle the graphics so there is no way I'm going to lessen them, the game looks beauiful, I don't want to degrade them. Thanks for your advice though

Man the support page for LOK D is useless, practically empty and has no information about anything whatsoever, and whats up with Eidos not offering their email address for support ?

van_HellSing PL
25th Feb 2004, 18:26
Well, I also have a card that can handle the graphics, but it still happens. Do try to change the settings for that part of the level only, and change them back to higher ones once you get through.

Instinct77
25th Feb 2004, 18:27
Hmmm you're right, that sounds like a good idea. Did this method of yours work with you? Which options did you tone down because there are too many and whenever the game freezes I have to manually switch off the PC and it takes a while to reboot it

van_HellSing PL
25th Feb 2004, 18:34
Yes, it worked for me. I turned off the fullscreen and sun effects.

Instinct77
25th Feb 2004, 19:29
omg thanks man it works! I LOVE YOU!!!!

van_HellSing PL
25th Feb 2004, 19:42
Glad I could help. :)

You will probably run into this problem again, but just do the same.