PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Rifle in second mission

d Galloway
25th Feb 2004, 16:54
Is there any way to get the rifle without alerting the civilian nearby? I can grab it, but when I try to leave, he always comes back, is alarmed, and spoils my hopes for a Silent Assassin rating, and since it's the only way to finish the mission with one shot, I need to get it out of the station.

ICA cleaner
26th Feb 2004, 03:29
I got a SA rating using the revolver. Just save it (on normal or hard) when you're looking out the window at the guy you have to kill, and if you don't hit him first try, quickload. I actually did hit him first try, but you might as well play it safe.

EDIT: Actually it's not too hard just to sneak around the civilians even if you have a sniper rifle.

axel
28th Feb 2004, 17:39
Originally posted by d Galloway
Is there any way to get the rifle without alerting the civilian nearby? I can grab it, but when I try to leave, he always comes back, is alarmed, and spoils my hopes for a Silent Assassin rating, and since it's the only way to finish the mission with one shot, I need to get it out of the station.

here's the mean I used to have the SA rating:

first,lock pick the locker.take the ammo(for both weapons),the pistol,the NVG's,but don't take the SVD

then,go upstairs,you'll find another room full of lockers,and a FSB soldier walking around.you'll notice that he is going to the back of some lockers,near a door.

follow him before the other guard arrives,use the Chloroform,take his clothes and his AKSU 74.then go back to the lockers when the SVD is,let fall the AK and take it.

after that,go back to the lockers room,lockpick the door and go trough the sewers.continue your way,looking the map so as to see where you will reach the ground,and go to the third floor of the house facing the one your target is in.

use chloroform on the guard patrolling here,go to the window,and wait the informations.
then,do your job,and go back to the metro station (you can pass via the sewers,but it's not an obligation)

normally,you'll have the SA rating.

another method is to lockpick the door of the locker's room in which there's the soldier,doing it without being seen,go trough the sewers and get to the ground near a truck,you'll find some clothes besides.(carefully look your map,and look out for a patrolling guard in this area)

put those clothes,and then go back trough the sewers so as to reach the locker the SVD is in.take it,and follow the same way to finish the contract.

SA rating assured,but it's hot...you'll have to be quick in order to reach the third floor of the building before the meeting ends

Axel

DJ_Mittens
9th Mar 2004, 04:15
Grab it, but be careful about when you gab it and where you take it. You can easily avoid the sight of the civs even when carrying the svd. Just do it when their backs are turned, or they're far away.

Emultra
19th Mar 2004, 23:22
Originally posted by DJ_Mittens
Grab it, but be careful about when you gab it and where you take it. You can easily avoid the sight of the civs even when carrying the svd. Just do it when their backs are turned, or they're far away.
Exactly. And check the map, that makes it much easier to see if they're beginning to get too close. If I remember correctly, there are only two people there.

Mr.Nash
24th Mar 2004, 01:48
a good way to save some time is to run whenever you arent seen, and when going to the building, run across the street, which allows you to run most of the way to the building..