PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] raziels memory

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
24th Feb 2004, 18:45
why is it that in sr2, raziel goes off to find the heart of darkness to revive janos, then he forgets all about janos until vorador mentions him again. i know the events are about 500 years difference, but you you have thought he would give a passing thought to poor old janos.

i am probably off the mark a bit here:D

HolyMoses
24th Feb 2004, 18:59
Because his search for the heart ended when he became trapped in the underworld. After he emerged in the physical realm, 500 years had past and he probably thought the body of Janos Auldren was decomposed beyond identification.

Jeffers
24th Feb 2004, 21:43
Also, don't forget that Janos' retreat collapsed behind him after he escaped and in the future, it was impossible for him to climb up the retreat in SR2.

Jeffers

Raptor3k
25th Feb 2004, 01:04
And the fact that he had no idea where it was and he became more fucoused on the fact that the soul reaver would be his living tomb etc. He was more concerened on his prision....

hippl5
25th Feb 2004, 02:04
hmmm.. think of it this way... would you remember what you had for breakfast 500 years ago?:p

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
26th Feb 2004, 14:55
hmmm.. think of it this way... would you remember what you had for breakfast 500 years ago?

i think forgetting about seeking revenge for someone and forgetting what you had for breakfast aren't really the same;)

i get what y'all are saying, and is what i thought. i just wanted to clarify it. thanks y'all

DarkWraith
26th Feb 2004, 17:50
Don't you remember when raziel was shown Janos' body he was amazed that it hadn't decomposed and Vorador was like 'The heart still beats somewhere thats why his body is still here'

Raz did think that he had no help of finding Janos and that the body was long gone. thats why he gave up on Janos

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
26th Feb 2004, 18:09
yes, but raziel didn't mention janos until he saw the body again.

if raziel (after escaping the EG's hold in the opening levels) had said something like:

"500 years had passed since i was last in the material realm, so searching for janos's heart again would be a lost cause" or at least mentioned it.

though i suppose it would have confused the newbies;)