PDA

View Full Version : what if we messed up?

PeopleAreFood
24th Feb 2004, 18:11
what if we need the Hyldens device to kill the elder god?
we blew it to hell in BO2. it is just a thought. i mean it was to have the ablity to kill any living thing. Janos and the other Ancients never knew what the were worshiping. may be the elder god told them to start the war becausehe found out that the hylden had a weapon that could kill him.

~yours in blood~

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
24th Feb 2004, 18:26
wow, i hadn't thought of that. good one;)

maybe that was the reason the hylden were banished. they didn't believe (maybe because they didn't trust) in the EG so wanted to kill it. just as was said in another thread, maybe the hylden weren't so bad after all?

Johnny_anoniem
24th Feb 2004, 18:52
LOL, that's a nice theory you've got there :D

Raptor3k
25th Feb 2004, 01:09
Strangely enough, that might be correct. If it were to capable of seeing the elder god though...

warpsavant
25th Feb 2004, 01:34
Yeah, I posted about this same thing last night in some other thread. I really wasn't serious though.

Im not sure The Device has to "see" the Elder. The Device was alive maybe the thing could see the E.G., you never know. But the Device was going to kill everything ("all living things except for my race")on Nosgoth except the Hylden. That cant be good for the E.G.

hippl5
25th Feb 2004, 01:58
hmmmm... intresting.... but

didn't kain kill the elder god at the end of defiance

Raptor3k
25th Feb 2004, 02:37
Kill? No. Wound Physicaly and pyschologicaly? Hell yea.

al the darkness
25th Feb 2004, 03:24
elder god cant be killed for he is life itself,or he said so
i think maybe we can remake one device if necessary...kain can sacrifiace himself to generate it (joking...)

PeopleAreFood
25th Feb 2004, 03:40
Well i am gald u all like my idea :)

~yours in blood~

The Angel of Death
25th Feb 2004, 04:25
thats 1 of the best thereys ive herd & i gess its a big possibilty that the hylden tryed 2 kill the elder god

Omni_Sephiroth
25th Feb 2004, 05:23
what happens if it works and he dies? no more death an rebirth or is he just like a nasty leach on the weel of fate

The Necronoir
25th Feb 2004, 06:09
I liked this theory so much it finally made me sign onto these message boards after lurking for years! It's certainly an intrguing idea. Here are some other aspects to consider-

- There seems to be a virtual sea-creature-esque food chain becoming apparent in the LOK universe, what with the Elder God, then the Mass, and in Defiance the two varieties of Archon. There may very well be a relationship between the three, and possibly more of these types of creatures.

- Throughout Blood Omen 2 much of the Hylden architecture features a single eye design ( I think I saw it during one section of Defiance as well). Before Defiance came out I believed this was an indication that the Elder was in fact the Hylden's God, however now that this has been disproved what DOES it mean? Is it connected to the Elder, or perhaps its connection lies instead with Azimuth's guardianship emblem, which like the Hylden design was an eye engraved on a prismatic tablet (after all, the Hylden, apparently through Azimuth, brought Turel and many other 'demons' back through time as hosts and warriors).

- A still more overlooked part of BO2, in the Sarafan Keep there is a fireplace with engravings on the wall which depict a spear weilding warrior stabbing the tentacles of a creature which he is also trampling underfoot. Suggestive of their relationship with the Elder God?

-Finally, just the aspects of both the Elder God and the Mass, the first a creature which feeds on souls yet is worshipped by a race which ultimately feeds on blood, the latter a creature which feeds on blood and is tended by beings who use their souls to reanimate and possess bodies. It's almost like the Hylden and the Ancient Vampires were 'worshipping' creatures which more accurately mirrored the other race....

The Angel of Death
25th Feb 2004, 08:12
Originally posted by Omni_Sephiroth
what happens if it works and he dies? no more death an rebirth or is he just like a nasty leach on the weel of fate

i think he is a leach his a quote from sr2

Raziel: An ironic condemnation, given this guilty scene. One would think you'd torn down the Pillars single-handedly.What are you trying to obliterate as you drag your loathsome body through this chamber? And why, as Nosgoth descends into madness and misery, do you appear to thrive? Things in this world, I am learning, are rarely what they seem. You, apparently, are no exception

Elder God: I am the Engine of Life, the source of Nosgoth's very existence. I am the hub of the Wheel, the origin of all Life, the devourer of Death.

Raziel: ... or maybe you're just hungry - could it be as simple as that? Wouldn't that be poetic irony? The great adversary of the vampires turns out to be the biggest parasite of them all

PeopleAreFood
26th Feb 2004, 04:17
Now that i think about it more i am prettysure that the device was
was built after the war started, but still it does not mean that the device wasn't built to kill the elder god and the anceints.

~yours in blood~

NIphrentil G.
26th Feb 2004, 05:19
elder god cant be killed for he is life itself,or he said so...

He said so... He is just a soul hungry parasite that could not be seen by mortal eyes and took advantage of his telepathetic voice to make the vampyres believe that he is actualy a "god"...

Dark Abyss
26th Feb 2004, 10:07
Maybe the EG was once a vampire himself of somesort because as we all have seen, Janos mutated into that horrible thing called the mass and all the vampires Kain created got mutated into horrible forms. And what's more...the EG was whispering in my opinion and he could do it to humans too. I couldn't see other resemblance but there are no other differences between the vampires and the EG than his hunger for souls. So indeed, maybe the Hylden saw the truth and they tried to obliterate the EG along with the vampires. Maybe as i said...the EG was a vampire if the Device theory is true. Nice one !

van_HellSing PL
26th Feb 2004, 10:33
as we all have seen, Janos mutated into that horrible thing called the mass You got something mixed up there, the Mass isn't Janos.

AndaPanda
26th Feb 2004, 22:03
Yup, Janos' blood just feeds the Mass :)

Dark Abyss
27th Feb 2004, 10:27
Ooops, my mistake there. Didn't see that one clearly.