PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] Ending sequence next game

Dan001
24th Feb 2004, 13:02
Just had a thought. It is clear by now that we will get one
more (hopefully last) sequel. And with the closure of the best game serie in the world, i think should come an awesome ending sequence. What about they make an ending sequence movie which lasts about 15 to 20 minutes?
What do you guys/girls think? Playable to the very end, a normal length video sequence (say Raziel meets Mobieus in soulreaver 2 long), or an exeptional long movie sequence.

Ps. The sequence should ofcourse be in the same style as the opening sequences of the soulreaver games. The movie were Kain rips of Raziels wings and throws him into the abyss is still my favorite movie in the LOK games.

mortaniusgod
24th Feb 2004, 13:20
You mean a cinematic by GlyphX (http://www.glyphx.com/).
I missed a new cinematic for Defiance's intro. They just used the old ones and pasted them together.
I guess those cinematics must be pretty expensive, so CD or eidos didn't want to expend that much money in this game (same music, same intros, etc).
GlyphX makes some kick-ass cinematics!! Remember the ending cinematic for SIN? woow!!that was excellent!! (of course, not to mention de LOK ones)

Darkmaster
24th Feb 2004, 13:21
I agree but size doesn't always matter.The first Legacy of Kain game I played was Soul Reaver and it was the intro that made me want to finish it,I got goosebumps everytime I watched it.If the finale does the same thing to me then it's a great ending.

Vampmaster
24th Feb 2004, 17:32
I want to watch the pillars rebuilding themselves and Kain emerging from the state of change as an uncursed winged vampire and laughing (like in his finishing move or when he's killed a help-me-kind-sir) because he's beaten his fate.

EDIT: And some sort of speech.

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
24th Feb 2004, 18:21
i think the next game should be more freeform. and give you an open ending.

ok you guys/gals are probably going "WHAT THE......???" but hear me out.

bo1 was open ended in the fact of it having 2 endings. everyone liked that. the rest of the series has been linear. if the freeform approach was done again, then that would satisfy the original bo1 fans, and the current group of people that love non-linear games.

and i dont mean you make a choice "at the end", but one halfway through the game that effects the rest of the story. true, the endign cinematic may have to be done in engine rather than pre-rendered, but from the level of animation in defiance, this would not be a problem.

i REALLY dont want an in-engine but rendered video like that one at the end of defiance. compared to the quality i run the game at (1600*1200, full EVERYTHING:D :cool: ) it just looks awful.

JJheadcharge
24th Feb 2004, 19:14
no, they have spent all this time making a story with a purpose i dont think they should give you the option of going and messing it all up. kthnxbai.

NIphrentil G.
24th Feb 2004, 19:33
I just hope it's not a "Matrix Revolutions" style of ending... All the small talk around, and all the theories that have been developed, all for Eidos and CD to give us an ending unworthy of the story already build up... I must say that I have faith to Amy, though I keep saying to myself that I had faith to the Wachowski Bros. and they completly disappointed me...

xarax
24th Feb 2004, 21:55
Actually, even though the next sequel may close the main story, there are still unlimited possibilities for side stories (like what happened during the thousand years that Raziel served as Kain's first lieutenant?). Raziel in vampire form could have faced hundreds of challenges, likewise with all of the other clan brethren.

During that thousand years, Kain (having seen the past/future through one of Moebius' time streaming devices) was waiting for Raziel to evolve wings, so that Kain could initiate the restoration of Nosgoth by casting Raziel into the Abyss.

There are unlimited possibilities, and maybe CD/EIDOS would consider licensing the series to a third party game maker for creating the side stories. Let's just hope they never even THINK about using a cinematic camera.:eek:

Dan001
24th Feb 2004, 22:59
Please no sideline games. I respect you're opinion and all, but if you make to much of something it is bad. We've got a beautifull series here which story is complicated enough as it is (in a good way) :)
I really don't hope there gonna stretch this story any futher or create new ones(that happen in the LOK universe i mean).
What i would like to see is Amy making a totally new story for a totally new game.

hippl5
25th Feb 2004, 02:07
HOPEFULLY!?! YOU WANT THE GAME WITH THE GREATEST STORY IN THE WORLD TO END!!!!???!!! IT HAS THE BEST STORY EVER AND I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS!!!! I HOPE THEY WILL HAVE LIKE 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 GAMES!!!

Kainster
25th Feb 2004, 05:56
NIphrentil G., I find your post hilarious because, coincidentally, I said the same thing about the ending of the LoK series being as horrible as Matrix Revolutions. Check out the topic [SPOILER] THE SEER. I just hope they dont do something cheesy like make the two races be friends instantaneously, totally disregarding the war between one another (hence the analogy).

NIphrentil G.
26th Feb 2004, 04:35
Sorry Kainster, I didn't see your post earlier... Yes, exactly what I mean about a "foul" ending...

Sidegames??? No thnx... I see the LoK series as a book (actually, I'm thinking turning it into one!!!) and I don't even want to see expantions after it's ending...

99999....9999 games???? Sorry, no... After some point we will start thinking about LoK games the same way we do about a Super Mario one: "NOT AN OTHER ONE!!!" HOPEFULLY, it ends in the next episode...

A good idea for what's to come next? The ending of the LoK series and, after Nosgoth's balance is restored, a MMO game (even an rpg, which would be great!!!)

evil_sharkey
27th Feb 2004, 01:47
I agree that a long, satisfying end cutscene would be an excellent finishing touch. I wonder if they might do multiple endings, depending on what choices you make and whether or not you succeed at certain tasks. I'm all for a funny easter egg ending: something stupid like a big non-weapon object fight (with appropriate sound effects) or fake outtakes like Pixar films have. If included, it should be something that takes more than beating the game to unlock.

Note for people with no sense of humor: I am not suggesting that the whole game be trashed for a few laughs. All other ideas are secondary to my desire to see the story finished in a long and satisfying cutscene (possibly with an open ending so people's imaginations can still play). And, it should absolutely NOT be a super happy, super cheesy, "we were all dying, and now we're fine" type ending. I've seen other stories ruined that way.

NIphrentil G.
28th Feb 2004, 00:09
2 thumbs up for easter egg endings!!!! They could be like the Bonus Material in Defiance (and not for all of them to get unlocked when you finish the game. You missed one? Play the game again and make sure to find it!!!!) But check out the Miscellaneous Outtakes in this page: http://users.lichtsnel.nl/~nldp/defiance/ (The .avi of cource!!! :) )
They are REALLY funny!!!!!

Stormrider
28th Feb 2004, 00:14
Originally posted by NIphrentil G.
99999....9999 games???? Sorry, no... After some point we will start thinking about LoK games the same way we do about a Super Mario one: "NOT AN OTHER ONE!!!" HOPEFULLY, it ends in the next episode...

...which does'nt mean there can be another, completely independent, game in the same setting of course.

NIphrentil G.
28th Feb 2004, 00:32
Same setting, yes... I cheer for a MMOG in Nosgoth!!!! But not with the same story... 5 episodes are already TOO many....

The Angel of Death
28th Feb 2004, 04:37
Originally posted by Dan001
Just had a thought. It is clear by now that we will get one
more (hopefully last) sequel. And with the closure of the best game serie in the world, i think should come an awesome ending sequence. What about they make an ending sequence movie which lasts about 15 to 20 minutes?
What do you guys/girls think? Playable to the very end, a normal length video sequence (say Raziel meets Mobieus in soulreaver 2 long), or an exeptional long movie sequence.

Ps. The sequence should ofcourse be in the same style as the opening sequences of the soulreaver games. The movie were Kain rips of Raziels wings and throws him into the abyss is still my favorite movie in the LOK games.

i dont realy like the ider wit the ending movie clip gose for 15 - 20 min i think its 2 long just 2 wach a movie clip wen ur finished the game i would say 6 min movie clip max

It's an obssession
28th Feb 2004, 18:34
Hopefully last?!?!?!?! :eek: NOOOOO! I'd be happy with just about enough to last my lifetime. :p But apart from all that, I agree with you, Dan001. :D
NIphrentil G - Don't you just-a hate-a Mario-a? OK, at first it was something I could cope with, but my sister's gone and bought Mario Party 4 for her GC. I wonder how many more are on their way... ;)

Darkmaster
28th Feb 2004, 19:43
Games with multiple ending are good only because of their replayablility.Having more than one ending works good for a lot of games but not all.I'm playing Final Fantasy X-2 now and I hate the fact that I have to complete every single mission just to see the best ending.Games with deep storyline should only have one ending,and on a game like LOK which story has been going on for 5 games now you want to know what happens in the end.

NIphrentil G.
28th Feb 2004, 20:47
Yes Obsession... I HATE MARIO!!! All these games and he still does not destroy Browser!!!! Ain't he the most stupid, Lawful Good game character you 've ever seen!!!! 2 thumbs up for anti- heroes!!!!!!!

Yes, too many different endings are, indeed, boring... I used to play Star Ocean: The Second Story... I unlocked 52 (!!!!) different endings and only in one of them the land was actually saved!!! (Only to ad to this, I must say, to those that do not know the game, that it comes in two CDs... The one is the game, the second is the endings!!!!!) I go for 2-5 different endings... A Sillent Hill kind of them...