PDA

View Full Version : Thief Gold problems

FrozenNorth
23rd Feb 2004, 22:15
I got the game at last :D

1. It wouldn't install saying that it can't be installed on an NT system. I solved this by turnin og the 98&ME-compatibility mode in my XP....that should be ok? (I guess 'cos it installed normally)

2. The game is extremely fast (r8500le, xp1800+, WinXP, 768mt DDr266) and the sounds are going also really fast and almost every time with the long speeches the end part doesn't play (with Cutty for example....the end part is missing)

3. The videos and briefings won't play. I had this with tDP also but I have no memory on how I solved it. I would guess that I started the game over and over again until the videos showed up...any other suggestions?

EDIT:
1. solved. That install is just as fine as the -lgntforce
2. turn on vsync. should do it for the speed. How about the sounds?
3. Indeo codec thing.....hope that I don't have to install them again everytime I play :D

Mr. Perfect
24th Feb 2004, 03:28
The sonds do slow down, but I jacked the AA up to 6x and AF up to 16x, so I'm not sure if it's that or the Vsync that's affecting the sound.

mtmckinley
6th Mar 2004, 18:22
I just got Thief Gold today and managed to fix the problems listed above in much the same way, however, now I have a new problem.

The HUD doesn't display. The light gem, health shields, etc.

Any ideas? Thanks!