PDA

View Full Version : Defiance, Playstation 2, And Bugs ...

Tall-Guy
23rd Feb 2004, 20:21
Howdie,

I am a long time fan of Legacy of Kain.
Because I never was a console-lover, I played BO,SR,SR2 and BO2 on the PC.
I didnt really enjoy the PC, because PC games tend to have alot of bugs because of the hardware.
A month ago, I decided to buy myself Playstation 2. No more bugs, slow preformance and strange error.
At first, It was like that. (In old games I must confess)
But Two days ago, I got Defiance and I was really dissapointed to see that it have bugs. Pity that a good game like that will be ruin by bugs.
What do I mean:

1) Sometimes, a cinematic stops in the middle, and do nothing.
The only way to continue, is to choose "skip cinematic" from the pause menu.

2) While running close to walls, or fighting alot of enemies in open ground, the game get slower and lose FPS.

Now, please tell me.
Is it only my PS2 or my defiance copy, or it bugs known to you all?
Is there is a way to fix it?
[Please no spoilers]

By the way, im using the PAL version.

Dark_Child
23rd Feb 2004, 21:17
I've heard of many problems with the pal version. Often the cinematcs stop and you can't select them even in the Dark Chronicle.

But that's not with all copies, mine works greats, but i know some people who have also your problems. I think it's a special series of copies who are damaged.

Caer
23rd Feb 2004, 21:50
I've played it through twice and haven't encountered any bugs at all. And you know, slowdown isn't classified as a bug, that's just hardware limitations.

Tall-Guy
24th Feb 2004, 05:24
I think that if you have X hardware, you should program the engine of the game that will work perferctly on this X hardware. After all, its not like PC.

LOKFan
24th Feb 2004, 06:51
I can't say my copy had any bugs like the ones one mentioned. All my cinematics run smoothly and I've fought large groups of enemies with no slowdown. All I had was occasionally the camera getting stuck but that was easily fixed.

Tall-Guy
24th Feb 2004, 07:33
LOKFan, I saw that you from England, is it means your using the PAL version?

I wonder if I should E-mail Eidos about it.

blincoln
24th Feb 2004, 10:32
There is nothing wrong with your copy of the game.

A bit of slowdown is pretty normal on the PS2, especially for a game that was designed to look good on both it and the Xbox.

The cinematic thing has happened to me once too. It seems to be a bug.

Tall-Guy
24th Feb 2004, 10:41
Blincoln, its more then a small slow down.
Its really big cut in the FPS preformance.

I just thought about it blincoln, maybe you can help me.
Perhaps its the PS itself.
I heard some problems around with short beam that make the games jam like that.
Maybe I should run cleaning disk on my PS2..

Blue Winged Fellow
26th Feb 2004, 15:10
I also had a minor bug in one of the cinematics in Defiance the first time I played it.
I'm also having some problems playing DVD's on my PS2 that used to play without problems in the past and FPS drop in old games that didn't present the porblem the first time around. I wonder if some of these "bugs" could be corrected in that manner (by cleanning the lens). I don't really want to use a cleanning disc on it, since I understand that the optics in the PS2 drive are a bit different than in normal DVD players. If anyone has done this before, could you share your experience here? I really want to know if it is safe to use a cleanning disc on the PS2 drive.

As for the FPS drop, I would only consider it "normal" if it happened consistently in the same area every time you played the game. This has not been my case. I've played the game 3 times, and so far, the FPS drop has happened quite randomly. Again this could just be strain in the hardware trying to read from the disc.

Darkmaster
26th Feb 2004, 19:36
I haven't encountered any problems with my copy.Especially the cinematics,I watch them so many times I'll probably ware out the disc from over use.

Kains_Queen
26th Feb 2004, 20:00
My PS2 is only 5 weeks old and defiance jams up in the same place every time in the same place just near a checkpoint. The same thing is happening on BO2 in various places i get no warning of this happening and have to reset the console i keep saving but it's faffy. is there anyway i can fix this? i have only played defiance 4 times (lol) and BO2 6 times. The first time i played defiance it played all the way through with no hitch but ever after that it jams up in the same spot unless i save just before the fight it jams in and when it jams i go back to that point and it's then okay but it's started to happen a bit further on too. Is anyone else having this bug? The cinematics play fine (I too am wearing them out hee hee)

The other thing is the special attacks i find difficult to activate is there a trick to it?