PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Looking Forward To Thief 3!!??

coldplay_josh_106
22nd Feb 2004, 23:31
I'm fed up with people complaining about how ***** they think Thief Deadly Shadows is going to be!

So, is anyone else looking forward to this game!? or is it just me? What do you think will be cool about thief 3?

HOC
22nd Feb 2004, 23:39
yeah, i can honestly say i'm looking forward to it. but, in all truth, there's a nice portion of my anxiousness reserved for dissapointment. i'm not saying i won't give the game a fair chance, i'm saying that i'm not entirely confident with the current development house and their past history. i mean, not to demean them or anything, but they did ****up some basic gameplay and technical aspects with their last title for pc users.

and, hate to break it to ya, but you really are just going to have to deal when it comes to the others' complaints. they had the same enthusiasms as you do at one point and were let down. so ya should probably take a safer bet and leave some room for dissapointment as well.

BrokenArts
22nd Feb 2004, 23:58
I like to call it *Cautiously Optimistic* Regardless, I will play the game.

I only pray to god that the level editor will be released for it, and the community can make FM's. Look what they did with Dromed.

Dromed had to be petitioned to be released for the public. I wonder if the samething might happen now. Who is to say.

tealsmith
23rd Feb 2004, 00:50
Originally posted by BrokenArts
I like to call it *Cautiously Optimistic* Regardless, I will play the game.

I only pray to god that the level editor will be released for it, and the community can make FM's. Look what they did with Dromed.

Dromed had to be petitioned to be released for the public. I wonder if the samething might happen now. Who is to say.

Hopefully something along the lines of a Dromed 2.0 will be released with Deadly Shadows.

I personally am really looking foward to the game. I'm worried about the A.I and lack of water, but otherwise everything seems OK.

Thiefinthenight
23rd Feb 2004, 02:12
Im excited but a little worried. Theres alot of hands on previews from people who have played beta versions of the game and they have all been positive. They all say that its Thief. I do recall alot of people hating Thief 2 when it came out.

Squid
23rd Feb 2004, 05:24
Well, I'm very excited. I think that Thief: Deadly Shadows is going to be very good. Yea, I'm going to miss swimmable water and rope arrows. But you know what? I'll get over it. I'm sure I'll find things about T3 that I'll absolutely love. I have faith in WS, and no, I haven't played DX:IW. For that matter, I haven't played the original DX. I am much more a Thief player than a Dues Ex player.

Squid

Acronomic
23rd Feb 2004, 16:36
I'm looking forward to it a lot! And I don't think real Thief fans would be sceptical to it, because these are the people that made the previous Thief games and wouldn't do anything if they didn't think it would make Thief 3 better.

Optik45
23rd Feb 2004, 16:50
Losing the rope arrows makes me unhappy, I loved those things, very fun and felt very Thiefy. These Gloves could be a nice replacement though. We Will see. As of being excited for thief3? I can say I am. It will be different thats for sure, but I think it will please most of us.

Huntress
23rd Feb 2004, 22:44
I have extremenly reserved feelings about the new Thief game, being a DE player and what they did to DE:IW programming (especially for the PC) :( Well just because some of the LLG ppl are there doesn't mean they have full control about what's going to be programmed into it and the fact that it is and has been cross-programmed into DE:IW coding and that there still will be considerations given to the console at the expense of the PC capabilities. Yes, they said they have made certain adjustments (leaning for one thing..they took it out of DE:IW and kept it in now for Thief, although I still don't know about lean forward?) and the fact that 3rd person view probably will take the place of that too in addition to Climbing gloves taking the place of rope arrows, etc....the list goes on.

So naturally, I'm somewhat soured at the new ideas of Thief:DS that is not and intentionally not named as a Thief III version of the first two but to be considered as a completely new game, etc. Even the idea of just going around in-between missions just for the sole purpose of stealing doesn't turn me on either...unless there's a reason for it..like buying equipment for your next mission? But then why wouldn't you be doing that within the mission just as we had been doing for the first two. No, I don't like the idea of a free-for-all just for the idea of being a Thief, just as I abhore the idea of some of the Car games that have come out in the last couple of years...or the idea of being a "Hit-Man", etc. Where in the blazes did any idea of morality go to..even if it is only a game? Sorry but I'm afraid too many of these games today are going to h_ll in a hand basket! :( Later and Good Hunting anyway!

ChowYunFat
23rd Feb 2004, 23:12
I've been kind of worried about T3, given what everyone has been saying about DE:IW. But now that I've heard some more about it & looked at the web site, I've gotten excited about it once again.

I remember being rather disappointed in T2--the dopey plot & all those clanky robots made me cringe. The missions were good (which is the main thing) but many of the other aspects of the game weren't. From what I've heard about T3, I think they've fixed a lot of the things I didn't like in T2 (more creepy missions, no robots, an interesting plot) so I think things are very promising.

coldplay_josh_106
28th Feb 2004, 11:21
I'm accually abit concerned about some things. But im not letting it change the fact i think thief 3 is one of my most anticipated game of the year.

But i'm sure ive heard that ion storm have taken on the mistakes they made with dx:iw and are making sure they dont make the same mistakes with Thief deadly shadows.

ChillY BillY
29th Feb 2004, 11:05
I'm a little worried but i don't think id have it any other way.

The only way it will really impress us is to make it a little different. Otherwise, it'd just be an expansion of thief 2. Come on, how cool is it gonna be if we worry until its released. Then when its released, is surpasses all our expectations?!

On the other hand, we worry, and if it does turn out to be crap (which im sure it wont) we'll just say "Hey, i saw it coming" and just remember how good the others were.