PDA

View Full Version : Perfect time for a movie!

stdjxf15
22nd Feb 2004, 23:09
Hey guys!
I think with the success of all the success of the lord of the ring films, it would be great to have a darker fantasy film with a sense of dread throughout the film that constantly surrounds the main character, perhaps a.....thief movie maybe. Ive heard of reports of a movie being made, and I'm sure you all have as well. I think A thief movie would be a fantastic Idea, with a blasting tech soundtrack complete with heavy bassed electric guitars and grinding gears for the music. And a great cast such as maybe Hugh Jackman, or jason Statham(with a wig of course:D ) as garrett, maybe William Dafoe as the Trickster(Hey he played a good vampire anyway). I dunno, just been contemplating it in my head. I wouldnt be suprised to seeing one comeout a little after the game is released(eidos has released two Tomb Raider movies, and its rummored to be making a Hitman game so who knows?) Anyways, what do you guys think would be good.

Whether its the PC or XBOX, I dont care....... I cant wait to play Thief III.

vespir
13th Jun 2004, 03:28
Funny you should say that. My buddy and I have been working on a screenplay for Thief since The Metal Age came out way back when. Going through some re-writes right now and we are probably going to shop it to 2929 Entertainment sometime by the end of this year or beginning of next year.

I'm a diehard Thief fan. I just want to do it justice on the big screen.

tealsmith
13th Jun 2004, 03:34
If there was going to be a Thief movie, I would want it to follow the same plotline as the original game, for the most part.

Anyways, there's a HUGE HUGE thread about this subject that was made months back. I'm not spending half an hour trying to find it though :p

vespir
13th Jun 2004, 22:16
Yeah, the script we've been writing actually only follows the storyline and events of the first title, "Dark Project." Once it gets closer to a completely finished state, I'll post snippets of it on here for all to read and criticize. I thought a Thief fan should write it, and then get the opinions of all other Thief fans out there before it ever gets sent to a production studio for consideration.

everlong71
13th Jun 2004, 22:26
Sounds good Vespir, have you ever tried contacting any of the original team that made the first two games, they may have had more ideas on how the third game would turn out (had they made it) before the company went bust. I would love to read what you are doing.:)

vespir
15th Jun 2004, 03:17
Yeah, I will probably try to attempt to contact the guys at Looking Glass studios before it gets into it's final state. I think we're doing the first game justice, though. There's just a few things thrown in there to help add to the "action" level of the film. It's going to be mainly story driven...but the action should present itself well onscreen...that is if anyone decides to use my screenplay. I'm filming my own independent film sometime at the end of this year, which is what is taking up most of my time right now. But as soon as that's done, it's on to Thief. I don't have the means to film something that large of scale with elaborate set designs and stuff, which is why I'm going to shop it to various people, but I'm starting with 2929 Entertainment.

I write all my scripts in Final Draft, but I should be able to export snippets of it into Word files or cut and paste some and post a little bit here in there in the coming months. I do use Macintosh, but Word files work fine from Mac to PC.

I'm gonna do my best to keep coming to the board with my busy schedule. So, I'll look for you all if you're still interested in the coming weeks/months. :)

Zelgadas
15th Jun 2004, 12:56
I'd be curious to see how a Thief movie would turn out. In my mind, the biggest problem facing a Thief movie is that 90% the game is Garret hiding in a shadow, waiting for a guard to turn his back. Doesn't necessarily translate well to the big screen.

vespir
15th Jun 2004, 15:57
Oh it's possible. :) Tension plays a major role in my script.

Heero
15th Jun 2004, 16:06
Originally posted by vespir
Yeah, I will probably try to attempt to contact the guys at Looking Glass studios before it gets into it's final state. good luck... they havent *existed* for nearly 5 years now...

by the way, you say you have a great script, but i'd try and getting in contact with a hollywood script writer (possibly a lower-down one) to get your script checked over... you know, for suitability...

dont forget to copyright & patent it first tho... Hollywood is fraught with plagarism & stolen ideas...

vespir
16th Jun 2004, 03:35
I've been writing scripts (just for my own practice purpose) for about 4 years now. I have a good friend who lives in Long Beach, CA who runs his own little independent studio who is going to look it over for me as well. I figured finding the guys at Looking Glass would be difficult. I'm sure there's a way to get in touch with them, though. Nothing's impossible.

And yeah, I copyright all my stuff. Been doing graphic design for about 7-8 years now and I've learned my lesson about getting stuff stolen in a heartbeat.

sycotiksid
16th Jun 2004, 05:01
Boy, there sure are a lot of posts regarding a thief movie ;)