PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] The Ancients propchey

JanosAudron
22nd Feb 2004, 03:28
Woot I finaly was able to fix it so I can post hehe eben having some trouble with that. Anyways Ive been watching the boards and forgive me if this has been already stated elsewhere, I didnt see it anywhere:

As we all know from Amy Hennings FAQ Raziel is both figures in the murals. However there was one defining point to the murals I noticed. While it is true that Raziel was both figures in the murals so too was Kain. At the same time both Kain and Raziel were armed with the same blade and both did the scenes depcited in the murals. Maybe the ancients got the prophecy a bit vauge (propchies are like that hehe) and saw Raziel and Kain but also knew exactly what was going to transpire to a degree. Janos, at least as far as I can discern from whats given of him, perhaps just got the propchey mixed up when he saw Raziel he just saw the blue figure in the murals. Notice his shocked look at Raziels wraith blade.

Also another small theory:

1) addition to above statement, The chronoplasts time viewers were in a sense true as well, anyone else remember the scene where Raziel absorbs Ariel into the reaver, in Defiance its not as forceful but its the same thing. 2) Also on Ariel anyone else thinking that at the time her continued existence would also keep the pillars ruined regardless if Kain accepted the sacrifice or not?

warpsavant
22nd Feb 2004, 05:29
Perhaps this will answer #2

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33781

bish
22nd Feb 2004, 16:14
hi

JanosAudron, you're question/theory #2 could be right, i never thought of that before. simple, yet probably overlooked. well thought of.

bish

warpsavant
22nd Feb 2004, 17:07
No, its not right. The Pillar of Balance has no connection to the ghost of Ariel, it is connected to the infant Kain.

bish
22nd Feb 2004, 17:29
hi

warpsavant, then why was ariel the only guardian that was bound to the pillars after she died?? there have been many that have died other than her and they were not bound.

she must be connected in some way.

if you remember near the end of defiance, all the previous balance guardians were called to the spirit forge (along with kain)

there seems to constantly be a connection between them.

bish

warpsavant
22nd Feb 2004, 18:01
Those other Guardians didn't need to get absorbed into the blade. There are actually other ghosts of Guardians who are still hanging around, they are just in the forges and not at the Pillars.

As far as why she as the Pillars, I think it must have something to do with her being the last B.G before the Scion of Balance was called or something vague like that.

And, I don't recall if every other Balance Guardina was called to the forge. If they were, then I would think Ariel is around simply because she was the last Governing Guardian of Balance, and they are all just hanging around waiting to get sucked into the sword.

Ardeth Silvereni
22nd Feb 2004, 18:15
I may be way off with this, but...

As the Balance Guardians' token was their soul, I think the Pillar of Balance was always trying to absorb Ariel's spirit, as the Pillars absorbed Nupraptor's Head, Azimuth's Eye, etc. in BO1.

In SR2, Kain told Raziel that Ariel's "spirit is just now tearing free, lost in the ether, trying to find its way here." I believe her soul was actively being drawn to the Pillar. However the Pillar was corrupted, so it couldn't absorb her like it should. It only managed to permanently hold her near, keeping her trapped in the region of the Pillars.

warpsavant
22nd Feb 2004, 18:22
That makes sense. But, what happens when her soul needs to be drawn into the blade to save Nosgoth?

The Pillar just releases it?

Ardeth Silvereni
22nd Feb 2004, 18:25
Maybe the Pillar of Balance just stores the Balance Guardians' souls like a giant battery of sorts, and releases them when they are needed. Who knows? :)

warpsavant
22nd Feb 2004, 19:40
Yes, I watched the D.C and the battery idea makes sense. I still think it must also have something to do with her 'duty' (so to speak) as the last 'undefiled' member of the Circle to guide her successor to ensure he fufills his destiny. I'm not sure guide is the right word to use, since, she has to get sucked into the sword with the rest of the B.G's so Kain can complete his destiny.

bish
22nd Feb 2004, 22:28
it's quite weird that ariel was hell bent on getting kain killed, right until the end when raz forged the spirit reaver. then she suddenly changed and said she was there with raz to help complete kain's destiny (reunite what has been set asunder, or something to that effect), in a way being nice. strange indeed.

all past balance guardian's were summoned i definetly remember her saying stuff to that effect.

bish

Jeffers
23rd Feb 2004, 10:30
The reason she was "strange" was because "the veil(sp?) had been lifted from her sight" so she realised what the prophecy was, who and what Kain and Raziel were and what needed to be done.

Jeffers