PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to all the new members

BrokenArts
21st Feb 2004, 16:31
There are a lot of new faces around here lately, would like to extend a welcome to each and everyone of you. http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Yoohoo.gif

I have also noticed some emotions are rising a bit at times in here too. You know the old saying about opinions, "Everybody has one........This board is very laid back, get to know one another, don't insult, don't be rude, just have a good time. We are all here for the samething, the love of Thief. :) Talk and discuss like mature adults. So, again, be courteous and tolerant, above all else, welcome have a good time

tealsmith
21st Feb 2004, 16:52
This is actually my first post :D. Thanks for the welcome.

Chiefdreams
21st Feb 2004, 16:56
I welcome you all here too!

theBlackman
21st Feb 2004, 19:47
Do come in and feel at home. Drop into the Burrick for a tot or two. But whatever you do, don't mess with Broken Arts' cloak.

You think the flame throwing haunts are tough? Mess with her cloak and learn the truth. Gum Drop made that mistake. Once! :D

BrokenArts
21st Feb 2004, 20:01
TBM! You would have to bring that up wouldn't you. We all have our secrets now don't we??? Hhhmm. :p ;)

theBlackman
21st Feb 2004, 20:40
Originally posted by BrokenArts
TBM! You would have to bring that up wouldn't you. Shall I tell your wife what I know~~!! Hmmmmmm. :p ;)

As long as you don't talk about that tattoo that only she should know about. :p

As for TIII:

Game Company decides to produce a new game.

1. Where's the market? A: Playstation and Xbox.

2. Who's the market? A: 12 to 20 year olds that like skateboard, Car racing, and Bloody battles.

3. What are they used to? A: No keyboards, Game pads and Joy sticks, third person views, MP, and fairly limited character actions (jump, kick, shoot, hit -ala Lara Croft, Vice City, Tony Hawk) and not a lot of patience.

Decision:
Let's take a game that has a small but loyal following. That is as far away from this basic scenario as possible. Like THIEF.

Take out all the stuff that Gamepads are unable to handle and throw in things that remove some of the challenge. Add some tricks from some of the movies that are generating interest (Spiderman, Daredevil etc.),.

Remove some of the terrain features that would complicate the play for these people. IE. Water. Certain tools from the original kit and change the things those tools were used for.

Make it third person, and gussy up the HUD to make it flashy, and generally change the overall play to suit the mentality of the Cubers and Xers.

Forget the PC players who have kept this game alive for 5 years and have high expectations for a good game. After all they are the only ones who have been playing, and they are such a limited market. We won't miss them in the long run if we screw them.

If we go for the money, their disappointment will not bother us at all.
-----------------------------------
Does this sound familiar to any of you?

I'll wait before passing judgement. But the info they have "Officially released" is sounding more and more like the above scenario.

Chiefdreams
21st Feb 2004, 21:17
I just played the demos of Dx IW and URU the latest MYST. They both sucked. Playing URU on the PC was down right painful. Very limited and even custom keys were terrible. DX was no fun either. A full shotgun blast and a cop laghed it off and stealth was impossible. The screen was hard to see through the HUD.

FrozenNorth
22nd Feb 2004, 21:46
A welcome post becoming a post where consoles are being laughed at, HOW surprising :D
Thanks to BA for the welcome though...
And as a sidenote I have seen only 1 (one) game that has been good one also on console and on PC. Splinter Cell was the game. When playing on PC it was quite hard to notice that it was the same game as on consoles....I tryly hope that Thief3 would do the same :)

EDIT: And I'm interested in hearing more from the Broken Arts' cloak-thing...tell it to us all :D:D:D

coldplay_josh_106
22nd Feb 2004, 23:13
hehehe! :D ive been a member for about 3 days now, and somones already fallen ot with me! hehehe! his name was tremere or something! neways sorry tremere for the little mishap the other day wont happen agen;)!

Thanks for the warm welcome though dudes! much appriciated! :D

theBlackman
23rd Feb 2004, 02:19
Originally posted by FrozenNorth
EDIT: And I'm interested in hearing more from the Broken Arts' cloak-thing...tell it to us all :D:D:D

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33551

Not laughing at consoles. They have a place.

The comments are about taking a this game (THIEF) and perverting it to the masses, instead of maintaining faith with those of us who have kept it alive and love it dearly since day one.

Money talks and faithful followers are a secondary consideration.

The changes that are being advertised seemingly do not hold to the premise, action skills, and the character with whom we hold faith.

BrokenArts
23rd Feb 2004, 02:24
Oh my god, that was 3 years ago. Man how time flies. TBM, send me a copy if you please, love. ;)

theBlackman
23rd Feb 2004, 02:27
Originally posted by BrokenArts
Oh my god, that was 3 years ago. Man how time flies. TBM, send me a copy if you please, love. ;)

Within the hour. :D

FrozenNorth
23rd Feb 2004, 23:55
That was actually quite a funny story there :D better not to mess with her cloak...
Konfessions and Lag are what? Fanstories? If they are fanstories or posts like that capething I would like to get a look at those also :)

BrokenArts
24th Feb 2004, 00:23
*LAG* Just spawned into a story. As you can see it didn't start out like that. Was a lot of fun, oh those were the days. We have had many good stories and party threads in the Cripple Burrick. What fun. Thanks TBM. :)