PDA

View Full Version : We need another cheat code...

xarax
21st Feb 2004, 02:18
...to skip chapters. I hate the Raziel chapters, especially chapter 2. I just want to skip them and get on with the Kain chapters.

TheWatcher
21st Feb 2004, 03:02
What I want to know is, does the cheat code for toon kain exist on the PS2? If so, Chris, *ahem* What Is It!?

Omni_Sephiroth
21st Feb 2004, 05:05
Toon kain cheat :-
Up, Down, Up, Down, R1, R2, Down, Circle, Triangle

Enjoy :p

DJpick
21st Feb 2004, 19:48
If you skip Raziel's chapters, you lose half the story. What's the point in skipping the story?

Chubben
21st Feb 2004, 20:43
You HATE??:confused:

How can you hate something about this game:p

DJpick
22nd Feb 2004, 00:12
Not to mention that wouldn't be a cheat code, it would be a "I'm spoiled and want to play only what I want to play" code.

m4xim
22nd Feb 2004, 00:50
Jeez, now that would be stupid. Looks like not everyone "digs the story" and treat LOK more like Mortal Kombat :rolleyes:

wishmaster
22nd Feb 2004, 22:49
the toon code is dangerous
i can't get kain back to his "normal" self.
and the combos only work half in toon mode.
*starts wishin for normal kain*
*damn just forgot i'm the wish master i can do n e thing i want*

xarax
23rd Feb 2004, 00:34
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE the Raziel chapters. Is that clear enough?

AndaPanda
23rd Feb 2004, 01:03
Originally posted by xarax
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE the Raziel chapters. Is that clear enough?

xarax ,

Not to be rude or anything, but if you HATED Raziel's chapters so much, maybe you should've purchased half of the game? Why bother playing Defiance anyway, if you're not going to understand the story because you want to "skip" chapters just like that.. Defiance isn't just one of those games where you kick monster *ss for fun. It's part of a bigger story and you can't understand anything unless you play ALL of Defiance and ALL of the LOK games eventually.
Really, I don't think you'll receive any sympathy here on the LOK boards. Simply because there aren't many members to share your point of view. I think almost everyone here loves the LOK series for what it is and loves playing each game as soon as it's released. I'm like that and I simply cannot comprehend how anyone could HATE the game so much (or parts of it anyway):rolleyes:

Reaver of Souls
23rd Feb 2004, 01:56
I wish that there was a give all reavers button code, that way I could skip the forges, they boring after you've done, oh, I don't know, maybe 5 in a row..

Also, a switch characters anytime or shift at will for Raz would be great..sigh...I think I need to get a gameshark to fufill my cheating wishes....

AndaPanda
23rd Feb 2004, 02:28
Well I don't know how useful that would be, Reaver of Souls... If you could get all the Reavers in the first chapter of the game, you could easily access some areas in the game that aren't meant to be accessed till later, i.e. doors requiring a specific Reaver to be opened and such... How would that contribute to the gaming experience? You'd probably ruin half of the story...

DJpick
23rd Feb 2004, 04:53
How would that contribute to the gaming experience? You'd probably ruin half of the story...
:confused:

Wow, this thread has slowly degraded into a mild decay.

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Feb 2004, 05:27
And some of us really hope it doesn't get any worse. Play nice, please. Thanks. :)

DJpick
23rd Feb 2004, 05:43
Melodrama, it's contageous :)

DJpick
23rd Feb 2004, 05:46
SO why do you hate the Raziel Chapters? Is it the WB? Is it the forges? Is it the fact that he IS the SR? Is it the fact that he is shrouded in mystery? Is it because he is the prophecized hero? What is it?

al the darkness
23rd Feb 2004, 09:20
a level select code i assume...
but can anyone make an option if it didnt even designed in the game?a patch ll not be enough

Shifter
23rd Feb 2004, 10:44
i dont hate raziel kain is just THE MAN

Vampmaster
23rd Feb 2004, 11:02
Originally posted by al the darkness
a level select code i assume...
but can anyone make an option if it didnt even designed in the game?a patch ll not be enough

It's in the debug menu, but you'd need an cheat decice.

Shifter
23rd Feb 2004, 11:28
its just a port game but they should make a ~ cheating way

Vampmaster
23rd Feb 2004, 11:35
Well I suppose if you have the PC version you could try renaming the level files if there are any.

Acrobad
3rd Mar 2004, 07:50
I would support for an all-reaver code... mainly because you can use some of the later reavers, which you don't get much chance to use if you play it normally...

Shifter
3rd Mar 2004, 14:22
wonder y :D

xarax
3rd Mar 2004, 18:19
I hate the Raziel chapters because they are too confusing and difficult to complete (especially jumping puzzles).

omegafury
3rd Mar 2004, 18:50
in the next kain, xarax wont have to worry as raziel will be but a memory. though i hope cd takes a leaf from the soul reaver days in the gamplay of this game. possibly even some wall riding if they are low on new ideas.

ps. enter the cheat code again to cancel it