PDA

View Full Version : Garrett's Best Abilities and Missions Are:

SilverZ
21st Feb 2004, 01:36
Best Thread to display your favorite Garret missions and abilities.

I have to say that that I mostly enjoy the missions that involve complete thievery. Sneaking into a bank or a museum to snatch money, paintings and finding secret rooms is the greatest thrill.

A mission that is dependent only on stealth versus just killing everyone is the greatest part of this game.

I get dissapointed when the plot veers into the 'undead' missions or even worse missions that deal with those "tricksies" creatures.

I do enjoy testing my broadhead arrow skills from a long distance. There is nothing better than nailing a guard standing watch way off in the distance.

GREATEST MISSION IS: Thief 2 - Starting at the Bell Tower and sneaking to the castle to listen in on the "dinner." Karras was a no show - but that level allowed you to sneak through the whole thing. There is nothing better than a successful mission where you stay in the shadows and complete your tasks without ever beaing heard!

Does anyone else share this opinion? What are the best parts of this storyline and what do you feel have been the best missions?

Thiefinthenight
21st Feb 2004, 14:49
Return to the Cathedral in the original. I still say stealing the Eye was one of the spookiest moments in any video game.

SilverZ
21st Feb 2004, 15:25
The Catherdral mission was good. The eye was all scary and stuff. I am just not a fan of the undead missions. This game is about having the ability to aim an arrow and hit your target from any spot. Knocking two water arrows from a far distance into those metal cannonball freaks to shut them off is always a thrill.

I also have to say that the whole 'mage' mission in the first game was tedious.

SilverZ
21st Feb 2004, 15:27
Anyone like the mission where you get to dress up as one of the hammers and infiltrate their mansion. What a great sneak and knock out level.

BrokenArts
21st Feb 2004, 16:34
Your talking about the mission called UnderCover

T1 Bonehoard, Return to the Catherdral and Assassins
T2 Life of the Party and Trail of Blood.

tealsmith
21st Feb 2004, 16:53
My favourite mission overall would have to be Life of The Party in T2.

Acronomic
21st Feb 2004, 23:24
Were all those missions in T2? Man, I really need to finish this game! :( I just keep getting obsessed with exploring and I never finish any missions quickly. :p

SNAKE-LORD
22nd Feb 2004, 19:56
in my opinion the best and truest mission in the games is as follows.
in thief 1 the first mission.
in thief 2 the second mission.

Acronomic
22nd Feb 2004, 21:24
I really like Life of the party! Very cool when you have to sneak all over town on the "thieves' highway" :D

coldplay_josh_106
22nd Feb 2004, 23:00
Hmmm thats a tricky one for me, coz i love nearly all the missions in both games!

One of my greatest moments though was when i played the mission in thief 1 when you first visit the cathedral "The Haunted Cathedral". I think its great when your trying to gain access to the keeper library, and theres a huge wall closing in on you as you pick the lock of the door. I picked the lock just in time as the wall was inches away from crushing me into cack!

But if i had to chose one classic mission from each of the games they would be.

T1 - Assassins

T2 - Ambush!

Acorn
23rd Feb 2004, 05:10
Hands down, my FAVORITE missions were Trace the Courier, and Trail of Blood.
I most enjoyed those tracking missions, but the one where I had to get to Garrett's home without getting arrested is a close third.

I would like a tracking style mission and some sort of an escape mission. And I would like to crash Bafford's NEW mansion in the next game too. Hopefully with Lord Bafford home this time.:cool:

Kyle2k
26th Feb 2004, 11:39
in T1: "Ruins" and "the sword".

in T2: "Life of the Party" and the epic level "Sabotage at Soulforge". Definitely.

In fact, I think "Ruins" was the most scary level I ever played.:)

Jareware
26th Feb 2004, 12:29
I can't decide on the greatest level since there were far to many to pick from, but definitely the scariest level I've played in any videogame was Return to the Cathedral. It scared the bejesus out of me so many times. :D

Actually, a lot of the atmosphere in levels of this type is created by the ambient background music/sounds. The occasional insane laughter and rattling of chains really gave me the creeps.

-JR-

Azal
26th Feb 2004, 14:37
Uninvited Guest - Thief 2 Alpha Demo.

TIM Darg
26th Feb 2004, 17:26
Thief 1: Bonehoard, THC, RTC, lost city.
Thief 2: Precious Cargo
Fan missions: Calendra's legacy, Bloodstone Prison, Cathedral of the Damned, Shadow of Doubt, Varyx Obelisk, Ominous Bequest, Saturio Returns Home, 7th crystal, and many more

Allon
26th Feb 2004, 20:13
Uninvited Guest
RttC
ToB.

Gumdrop
26th Feb 2004, 21:42
T1 - RtC, Assassins & Undercover.

T2 - Umm... Didn't really like many that much. Got a kick out of Shipping & Receiving though.

FM's - Too many.

As for best parts and story etc... I loved taffing Ramirez' purse, and although I hated the twisted mansion in The Sword - the garden was great with Victoria giggling away and bells tinkling as I explored. Other fav' bits are the keystone romp in Undercover, finding the abandoned Keepers dig and the Serpent Torc in Cathedral, all of RtC on expert, tailing the assassins in err... Assassins, the very first time I played Bafford's and navigated the sewer into his basement, finding a way into the Alarus extention in Bonehoard ( ;) ), the ship in Shipping, roof hopping in LotP (guard fight & Bumbleson's), re-visiting the Lost City in that Cavador mission, and listening to Karras in that other T2 mission.

K33p3r
27th Feb 2004, 09:53
MY fav level's are:
Thief: the dark project; assains, the Haunted Catherdral(not returne, the original)
Thief 2: the metal age; life of the party and hte one in the lost city (its funny to hear about what the mech's are up too:D )