PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you played Defiance?

hippiechk
20th Feb 2004, 17:10
Just curious.

I've played 3 times. Time is a serious issue for me. I know a lot of you have played more, so how 'bout it?

mortaniusgod
20th Feb 2004, 17:30
5 times.

moose562
20th Feb 2004, 19:21
i would have played more except i'll go mad if i play it constantly - there are enough glitches that crash my ps2 !

Darkmaster
20th Feb 2004, 19:21
Going on 9 times

DarkWraith
20th Feb 2004, 19:22
I'm on my 4th at this moment in time. There is just so much you can pick up. and so many ways to do it in. *thinks of toon kain* hehehe

xarax
20th Feb 2004, 19:28
It's too hard to play more than once. The stupid jumps don't line up.

warpsavant
20th Feb 2004, 19:34

I think I watched the DC like 300 times.

I played the part where Raziel battles Kain like 50 times! Thats the greatest moment in the series!

Umah Bloodomen
20th Feb 2004, 19:34
I'm also on my fourth time through. It's been difficult for me to budget my time in order to incorporate gameplay. (With my current semester and other priorities and all).

I am not sure about any of you, but from my experience, I've found that the game breezes by pretty quickly on each time through.

HolyMoses
20th Feb 2004, 19:35
12, I have no social life.

m4xim
20th Feb 2004, 20:12
I played once. First of all i dont want to get bored and play it again like a new game, but not before they will fix this damn camera.

garbagefanuk
20th Feb 2004, 21:44
I'm on my 3rd time through but u bought Final Fantasy X-2 yesterday, so my time has been distracted with that. I plan to finish it soon as i finish FF :) I work full time now like most people so i been finiding it hard to fit all the games i want to play into one day... I'm not used to it :( Jobs suck

van_HellSing PL
20th Feb 2004, 21:53
bought Final Fantasy X-2 yesterday I liked the FF series. I really did. Until FF X. FF X, FF X-2, FF XI and the previews of FF 12 make me want to puke my guts out. :mad:

Oh, wait, you're a garbage fan :p (no offence, just pun ;))

Caer
21st Feb 2004, 01:20
I've finished it twice. I'll probably finish it lots of more times, but I don't have enough free time for that (studying and working; *phew*)

And yes, the Raziel VS Kain is truly brilliant. And the music, oh dear god the music! =D

Omni_Sephiroth
21st Feb 2004, 04:55
Im on my 5th time through now :p

LOKFan
21st Feb 2004, 07:29
4 times for me but I haven't had it for long and I haven't had much time.

SoulCat
21st Feb 2004, 14:44
Once and NEVER AGAIN!! I couldn't bare seeing Raziel die again, I would ball my eyes out! :(

Raptor666
21st Feb 2004, 16:35
3 times for me, decided to leave it for a while now before I play it again. Also got FFX-2 yesterday so i'll be playing that instead now.

Jeffers
21st Feb 2004, 21:59
I've played it twice.

But have been trying to sort my laptop out as I really need it for my Uni work, my PS2 has been slightly neglected. It will recieve the proper attention soon enough though. ;)

Jeffers

garbagefanuk
21st Feb 2004, 23:00
Originally posted by van_HellSing PL
I liked the FF series. I really did. Until FF X. FF X, FF X-2, FF XI and the previews of FF 12 make me want to puke my guts out. :mad:

Oh, wait, you're a garbage fan :p (no offence, just pun ;))

None taken Herr Doctor :p FFX was really cool, i only started the FF series on 6 so am not a long time fan but 10 was one of the best. The characters were so good, i was kinda upset at the end of 10. 10-2 is umm, not what i was expecting :) 11 was always gonna be odd since its online and i haven't seen much of 12 yet so no comment. I DEMAND YOU GIVE THEM A CHANCE!!! :)

van_HellSing PL
21st Feb 2004, 23:08
DEMAND YOU GIVE THEM A CHANCE!!! :) I'll wait until they do a FF for the GBA ;).

Zeph
21st Feb 2004, 23:13
I played in the total between 14 and 20 times but of the start to the end had been 11 times. I played everything until the Vorador Mansion to catch all the TKs & HTs in the game and while it did not find all itens I continued restarting the game.

garbagefanuk
21st Feb 2004, 23:37
Originally posted by van_HellSing PL
I'll wait until they do a FF for the GBA ;).

Is FF:Crystal Chronicals for the GBA not good enough for u now?! :eek: You foul monkey!!

van_HellSing PL
21st Feb 2004, 23:49
Is FF:Crystal Chronicals for the GBA not good enough for u now?! You foul monkey!! Whoa! I don't know anything about it! :o Im not exactly well informed as far as console games are concerned...

garbagefanuk
22nd Feb 2004, 00:03
Heh, its supposed to be quite good. Different from other FF's tho. I don't have a GBA so i have no personal info on this. Just what i read on Penny Arcade.

m4xim
22nd Feb 2004, 00:38
One more thing, to all those who played the game more than 1-3 times: You are all sick puppies :p

... but Sam was a sick puppy too, sometimes it's a good thing :D

wishmaster
22nd Feb 2004, 18:51
11 times i work i game i work and game.
no sleep more game time.
the more i play the easier the jumps.
just gotta love this game

AndaPanda
22nd Feb 2004, 23:25
I'm currently on my second play (got the game relatively recent + work +study) and it just keeps getting better :) The jumps seem a lot easier now (I remember I spent like 2 hours trying to get Raziel out of the rising mist chamber and I managed to do it on my second try now :D)

Embla
22nd Feb 2004, 23:30
Just twice for now, but I'll sure play through it again in a while.

legacyofraziel
24th Feb 2004, 09:10
non:( 0:( never:(

hippiechk
25th Feb 2004, 14:14
Oh, that sucks legacyofraziel. Hopefully, you'll play it soon.

I need to play again. I'm just itchin' for it! Damned time contraints!

Kains_Queen
7th Mar 2004, 19:06
I want to know if i hold the record (not likely yet!!) I have had the game 4 weeks and played it 7 times so where are you now? There must be fans out there who are madder than me lol :D

Tall-Guy
7th Mar 2004, 19:14
Bah, Don't over react :)
2-3 is cool, but 7 ?
The PS2 and the PC offers more then just one game :)

It's an obssession
7th Mar 2004, 19:37
I'm playing it through for a 4th time, but I'm trying to complete Half-Life before my brother takes it back, so if it wasn't for that, I'd probably be on my 6th time or something... :D

kakarot
8th Mar 2004, 01:43
lost count back in 2003.

raziel-redeemer&destroyer
8th Mar 2004, 01:50
I have finished it 3 times and still can't help re-palyig it. I have played POP: SOT, finished it once and uninstalled it, not that it is not good, it is great BUT DEFIANCE RULES.... I love the combat.

LOKFan
8th Mar 2004, 06:50
6 times for me. The combat is fun to come back to and every cutscene is enjoyable rewatchable.

Rook
8th Mar 2004, 07:06
Haven't kept an exact count, but probably somewhere between 6 and 10.

Kains_Queen
8th Mar 2004, 17:13
Sorry Hippichk i didn't relise you'd done a thread too lol! I have now played the game 7 times and am nowhere near bored with it. Every time i play it i find a new way of killing baddies :D

I hate the fight in Avernus (You know the one i mean) because i hate the outcome. It makes me feel bad every time even though i know what happens!! The first time i played it is was like 'WHAT????????' and got really upset lol how sad am i? Then later on with another big battle and the ending my jaw hit the floor!

Okay enough of my sad ramblings :D

LOK kain is the greatest
8th Mar 2004, 17:51
i'm on me 8th play

hippiechk
8th Mar 2004, 22:11
Originally posted by Kains_Queen
Sorry Hippichk i didn't relise you'd done a thread too lol!

No problem chick. I'm not offended. ;)
I do think I need to play again though. I've got this nagging itch to play.

Kains_Queen
8th Mar 2004, 22:24
mmmm me too it must be Kain's fab new graphics.......:D and the combat which i love, not to mention Kain saying 'fear the tube' and um every time he speaks really lol :D I could listen to that sexy voice all day....

HolyMoses
8th Mar 2004, 22:26
I've played this game now so many times it isn't funny. I purposly try to kill all the bad guys at the exact same time so I can consume/devour/drain as many as possible. Thus far, I've managed to drain 5 baddies at the same time. That's killing five bad guys in the exact same moment.

Not only with bad guys but with the vampire golems as well. Thus far, I've killed three simutaniously of them with out the cutscene flintching.
Yes, I still have no life.

The Angel of Death
9th Mar 2004, 05:15
ive played it once & finished but im goin 2 play it again just as soon as i get through some things 1st

nichie14
15th Mar 2004, 12:09
Something to think about for new LOK game:

1. If you are going to include the Hylden, make them look more awesome,a worthy adversary for Kain or Raziel!!! not alien with horns in a dress!!!

2.Improve the polygon counts for Kain as well as for the enemies. The muscles for Kain was too unrealistic. It had too many lines drawn on his chest instead of polygon or some kind bump-mapping textures to show muscles. Games like Metal Gear Solid II or POP the sands of time have realistic muscles or skins.

3. Make AI smarter, the bosses in Defiance were rather easy.

4. Make story clearer, or easier to understand, and less riddle.
A game will get better reviews from game critics if it's story is easy to understand. You won't get good reviews if you try to impress critics with the vocabulary of your words. Duh!!!!! Guess what this means: "Extermination of Lumination after lab hours is a neccessity"

5. THink Ninja Gaiden or POP:Sands of Time, make enemies more detailed instead of tiny walking stick. Also switch the camera to behind the back, and enabled zoom in or zoom out like in POP.

6. PLEASE PLEASE, NO MORE GOING TO ANCIENT VAMPIRE CITADEL TO FORGE REAVER OR TO DESTROY THOSE STONE VAMPIRE STATUES!!!!! deja vue!!!

These are my suggestions, i'm sure many game critics would agree too.

OugaBooga
15th Mar 2004, 13:43
i've just played it once on the xbox.Doesn't seem like i'll be playing it again on there but i will give the PC a try soon.Been too busy with clan matches to play LoK-D.
LASTly,PLEASE MAKE A FPS of LoK...........I WANT IT SO BAD>>> LOOK at PAINKILLER for Examples of how a FPS could be done with LoK.Music is great too.

Bozo
16th Mar 2004, 11:37
Only once.... because of the stupid camera angles. :mad: I couldn't let myself be irritated by the gameplay any longer. I was just glad to have finished it. :o

Sarafan Minion
18th Mar 2004, 17:52
4 times but instead of playing whole game through over and over again i like to play kains chapters from middle of the game and slaughter those demons and rest scum of nosgoth.

indeliblehybrid
18th Mar 2004, 18:04
I played the game only once. jsut finihsed the game like two weeks ago and i got the game when it first came out, i have a life so i only played it like half an hour every week or so. ill prolly only play it once the only game that i play the most out of all of them is the first soul reaver which is my favorite out of all of them. :) this game was great and everything but the BOss fights were way too easy the next game has got to be a lil more challenging i guess. but thats my opinion. this will proilly be my only post but i check it all the time. great ending and hope the next one is as good or even better. later people

nichie14
18th Mar 2004, 21:27
True that, the bosses weren't a problem at all. Can't wait till the next LOK game, i heard it's going to be very good. can' wait, can't wait...

Bruce Lee

Dark_Raziel01
29th Mar 2004, 10:18
im currently on my 3rd time playin it

card
29th Mar 2004, 10:19
i'm woopin the 8th now :)

Dark_Raziel01
29th Mar 2004, 10:29
Originally posted by card
i'm woopin the 8th now :)

im only on my 3rd coz ive just havent had time 2 play games that mitch coz school & other stuff

OugaBooga
29th Mar 2004, 17:40
BTW,i didn't mind playing a LoK game like SR1 obsessively on PS1 but when it comes to PC games these days it's BETTER not to overly play it cause it'll lose that WoW effect of a 1st time play.
I've not been obsessive with any game since 2000,mainly cause i've been into multipler since getting a PC.MAN it'd be so sweet to see a LoK FPS,I'll do a post on that l8r.
Does any1 feel the same way?

Dark_Raziel01
9th Apr 2004, 04:04
im on my 5th time now coz now i have time 2 play (school holidays)

KainOFthehylden
9th Apr 2004, 12:45
i finished my 5th
but am planin not to touch a lok game until i finish my exams on
06-20-2004
because i want to miss them :p

ScionofBalance
12th Apr 2004, 01:23
I have played through Defiance 5 times. I have to agree with some of you, 2nd and 3rd time through, I picked up on things I missed the first time. For example, the first time through, I had a hard time performing the special combat combinations. On the 3rd time through, I nailed all of Kains moves, and the 4th time I was able to perform each of Raziel's special attacks. I played the 5th time because it was just so fun doing those special moves, I wanted to see how many I could string together. Also, the story is so "COOL" I never get tired of it. Take care all my fellow LOK fans!!

SonneDieNacht
14th Apr 2004, 05:34
Apparently the poll is closed, but I've played once through. UPDATE: I voted, it didn't come up initially. I'll be playing BO, SR1, SR2, BO2, and I'll be playing through D again shortly with my new rig:

In-Win V564
Enermax 465W PSU
Intel BOXD865GLCLK
Intel P4 3.0C GHz
Crucial ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
Crucial 1GB (512MBx2 DDR400)
Western Digital 60GB HDD
Teac 48x/24x/48x/16x CDRW/DVD-ROM
Teac 1.44MB FDD
Win98se

Darn, I certainly spent more than I initially intended on my new rig (like double my <$500). Oh well, now I can quote that famous chef -- "BAM!!!"

DMraider
20th Apr 2004, 13:36
I just finised the game for the 1st time. I might play it again.

But why play it more than 3 times already?

I mean Lol sometimes I find it so fun that I play it twice in a row but then the game can rest for at least a couple of months.

If I was in the USA and I bought it the 1st day I would have played it probably 1 or 2 times. 3 at max.

SoulHarvester
20th Apr 2004, 15:43
Originally posted by The Angel of Death
ive played it once & finished but im goin 2 play it again just as soon as i get through some things 1st

Yep, same.

kakarot
20th Apr 2004, 23:25
Originally posted by DMraider
I just finised the game for the 1st time. I might play it again.

But why play it more than 3 times already?

I mean Lol sometimes I find it so fun that I play it twice in a row but then the game can rest for at least a couple of months.

If I was in the USA and I bought it the 1st day I would have played it probably 1 or 2 times. 3 at max.
oh i dont know.. i have nothing better to do than play a game i enjoy over and over again. i dont know why i play madden '04 over and over again but it may have to do with being a football fan. maybe i should have a psychological eval or something - i mean i've played the game somewhere near 35-40 times easy and done the "start to finish" thing roughly 20-25 times over a stretch of 6 months or soooo.. probably why i dont spend so much time posting up in the forums.

btw, i did buy it November - whatever the us date was - and spend the next 3 days going threw the whole thing. I started getting through it much quicker after the first 10 times i completed the whole thing.. today, i will start out at Vorador's Mansion and go through the rest as a birthday treat - :D

StOoGiE
21st Apr 2004, 09:15
I've Only Finished it once but done the last 2 Boss's Twice, Easy...

Female Razielim
21st Apr 2004, 21:53
I'm in the 11th now, but I stoped to play (I'm without time now :( )

I loved this game! In my opinion it's the best of the series (and after is SR) :D

StOoGiE
21st Apr 2004, 23:29
i like legacy of kain cause i love violence and i am a syco in my mind...

Female Razielim
21st Apr 2004, 23:42
Wow :eek:

Well, I love Legacy of Kain because the incredible history, the battle system, the characters, the graphics....
And I love vampiric hystories, books and movies :D

StOoGiE
21st Apr 2004, 23:47
vampires are very interesting.

kakarot
25th Apr 2004, 04:12
Originally posted by Female Razielim
Wow :eek:

Well, I love Legacy of Kain because the incredible history, the battle system, the characters, the graphics....
And I love vampiric hystories, books and movies :D
^^^^^^^^
that's my argument for playing over and over... i mean what am i looking at 3-4 years tops for the final LOK series game? i'll stop playing them altogether in about a year or two like i did with SR2..

The_Hylden
25th Apr 2004, 06:55
5 times, then now have restarted the series. I just finished BO1 today, and am 1/4th of the way thru SR1. So, I want to play out the series in its entirety.:) Yes, we are sick -- infected with pure unadulterated genius of story and beautiful games.;)