PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth's Future (should the next game be in the future?)

hippl5
20th Feb 2004, 03:10
As Elyon (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?threadid=33654) said the pillares keep the hylden away. In SR1 they collapsed and stuff i was thinking maybe the next game should be in the future like SR1 but since the pillars are destroyed there maybe the game will deal with a war... what do you guys think?

Elyon
20th Feb 2004, 11:04
I think the next game will deal with beating the Hylden just before SR1, my reason is that Amy needs to answer why there was no Hylden in SR1 and there should have been some evidence of them coming back as the pillars were destroyed for a long time in SR1, i know way back in SR1's development the team hadnt come up with the Hylden but still they have to answer that seemingly plothole.

Also i just realised EG cant be killed till after SR1's timeline...DAMN
which means that a sequel could possibly be there.

Also did anyone realise the tantalising hint that Raziel may be alive mentally in the reaver? in Defiance right at the end after Kain absorbed Raz, The Elder God says he will trap both kain and Raziel beneath a pile of rubble and that it will drive both of them insane.So EG talks as if Raz is still alive in some sense

Trelela
20th Feb 2004, 11:13
I believe that Raziel is "alive" inside of the Reaver. He's aware of the true enemy and he'll help Kain to kill EG but also I think that Raz will save Janos from the Hylden not killing him. In Defiance, Soul Reaver becomes the most powerfull weapon. More powerfull in BO or SR.

Timeline should be continued. But it'll be weird if Kain meet his younger self. Hylden Gate can't be opened.

Raptor3k
20th Feb 2004, 12:39
Play Blood Omen 2, It already explains why there are no Hylden in Nosgoth in SR1....

I think they should go to the past during the "Great war" and try to stop it.

m4xim
20th Feb 2004, 12:55
I think they should just continue from the moment in which Defiance ends. There is much to do.

Darkmaster
20th Feb 2004, 19:32
Probably there will be little need for time travel in the next game because the board is set more or less.Kain must face the Hylden champion and probably kill Janos too.The only reason I can think of is if Kain needs to go back in time to get a final upgrade for the Soul Reaver or because he has to chase Janos or the champion.But it great if we saw the Great War.

Zephon
20th Feb 2004, 20:13
Originally posted by Elyon
I think the next game will deal with beating the Hylden just before SR1, my reason is that Amy needs to answer why there was no Hylden in SR1 and there should have been some evidence of them coming back as the pillars were destroyed for a long time in SR1, i know way back in SR1's development the team hadnt come up with the Hylden but still they have to answer that seemingly plothole.

Also i just realised EG cant be killed till after SR1's timeline...DAMN
which means that a sequel could possibly be there.

Also did anyone realise the tantalising hint that Raziel may be alive mentally in the reaver? in Defiance right at the end after Kain absorbed Raz, The Elder God says he will trap both kain and Raziel beneath a pile of rubble and that it will drive both of them insane.So EG talks as if Raz is still alive in some sense

thats b4 raziel is in the blade isn't it?

WraithStar
20th Feb 2004, 20:56
No, I think it's right before the final confrontation. Kain says something like "You wouldn't fear us if we couldn't do you harm" which leads me to believe that Kain believes Raziel is still alive and conscious.

HolyMoses
20th Feb 2004, 21:04
The Elder God also taughts Raziel, saying that his sacrifice was meaningless. He also says, "You and your soul reaver will go equally mad as the eons pass. Thus saying that Raziel has some sort of mental state right now. Also verifying once again that Raziel is Kain's creation.

Bloody-Mess
20th Feb 2004, 21:06
I too think they should stay in defiance timeline.:Dftp.avoe.ge/incoming/HP4200N/setup/setupdir/000e/logo-lite.gif

Elyon
21st Feb 2004, 10:43
I think the game will most likely be in the future, at least if Raziel ever comes back then he has to come back after SR1 timeline otherwise his coming out of the blade will make a time paradox or wutever as he has to stay in the blade until after the blade gets shattered in SR1 and releases him.

ZeroBlade
21st Feb 2004, 11:50
What if Kain never throws Raziel into the abias for suppassing him, then Raziel will stay as a Vampire.

If Kain throws Raziel into the abias then history will be repeated once again.

WraithStar
21st Feb 2004, 18:13
But if Raziel never gets thrown into the abyss, then he never becomes the Soul Reaver. This means that Kain will never be able to defeat the Elder God, which means Nosgoth will continue to decay. So maybe Raziel would stay as a vampire for a while, but eventually he would devolve like his brothers. It's like Kain's choice whether to sacrifice himself or not. Neither edge of the coin is appealing-- if he doesn't sacrifice himself, then Nosgoth decays. If he does sacrifice himself, the Pillars shatter completely and the Hylden take over. With Raziel, if he leaves Raziel alive, Raziel will devolve into a monster. If he throws Raziel into the Lake of the Dead, then Raziel will be transformed into the Soul Reaver. There's no nice way out of this situation, but Kain's decisions so far have been based on trying to create the possibility of everything working out in the end.

ZeroBlade
21st Feb 2004, 21:26
Yes but Kain has now seen the Elder God, the true enemy, the elder god is present in all time, wouldn't this mean that the elder god knows of Raziels defiance, and stops him going out of the under world.

Kain said at the end, is this what I condemed Raziel to when I threw him into the abyss.

WraithStar
21st Feb 2004, 21:46
I think that if the Elder God could stop Raziel's defiance, he would have done so already and the game Defiance wouldn't have taken place. For whatever reason, he is not capable of destroying Raziel.

JanosAudron
22nd Feb 2004, 03:17
If I remember right it was either SR1 or BO1 that stated that the malicious spirit of the reaver trapped within had grown mad under the wieght of centuries of imprisionment. This leads me to believe that Raziel is indeed "aware" but can do little more than watch. At least for now anyway.

Just a thought of mine really.

WraithStar
22nd Feb 2004, 03:20
I do believe you're right. I think Raziel says that right before Kain is about to shatter the Reaver.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just checked the dialogue, and that's not where it is. I do remember it, though.

Elyon
22nd Feb 2004, 11:56
True Raziel's spirit did go mad in the reaver but this was the previous timeline when Raz went into the blade against his will, in the current timeline he willfully went into the blade so he may not go mad

bish
22nd Feb 2004, 15:49
hi

kain doesn't need to chase the hylden champion

raziel was both the hylden champion and the vampire champion, as already discussed several times in other threads.

kain doesn't need to kill janos as

that all gets sorted out in BO2, when janos gets thrown into the hylden gate. sending him into the demon dimension.

there is no point in kain trying to stop the great war, that would mean that none of the vampires would have died or all that stuff, therefore no human guardians would be summoned, hence no kain! although kain is trying to sort things out, i very much doubt he wants to save nosgoth that much it would mean sacrificing himself. we already know he doesn't want to do that due to the end of BO1

there is only one or two things that need to be fixed in the past that i am aware of.

1. how vorador is able to be alive in BO2
2. getting the soul reaver to young kain.

number 2 is pretty straight forward, get a time gate, go to the correct period in history and leave the reaver in avernus for his younger self.

after that, kain needs to find a way of returning the guardianship back to the vampires. i think that will be done in nosgoth's future after the SR1 period.

bish

bish
22nd Feb 2004, 16:22
another point to add,

JanosAudron came up with something on this thread

check his question/theory #2.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33887

the fact that the future ariel has now been absorbed into the wraith blade, means she's no longer around, the last of the old guardians now gone. therefore new guardians may be able to be born. and kain, being the scion of balance and balance guardian, would then be free to (with the help of the now still alive vorador) make the human born guardians into vampires via the blood gift.

problem solved :)

oooh, can wait for the new game now.

bish