PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] Don't Feel Too Bad...

hippl5
20th Feb 2004, 02:31
all the people who beat defiance know what happened. for those of you who don't like it i know how to cheer yourselves up. remember how in SR1 in the beggining raziel says (once after he turns blue) "Death would be a realease from this travesty" so he actually wanted to you know what *spoiler* and later he keeps complaining about his corpse and he also complains about it in SR2.

If that doesn't make you feel better, tough luck, your on your own.

warpsavant
20th Feb 2004, 03:57
He's not dead though, he's in the sword.

hippl5
20th Feb 2004, 13:43
yeah but some people don't like that, they want him out.

Grizbo
20th Feb 2004, 14:23
I think the point warpsavant was making is that

Raziel was more frustrated at being forced to live in such a ruined form rather than allowed to die and be released. So being in the Soul Reaver is almost the same fate, trapped forever with no release

mortaniusgod
20th Feb 2004, 14:51
But remember that when he becomes the wraith raver, he heals kain... so he's not trapped anymore.

warpsavant
20th Feb 2004, 18:48
No, he is not released when he heals Kain. He enters the blade and it becomes the Soul Reaver, the blade the young Kain must find in Avernus Cathedral.

At some point that blade must find its way back in time to Avernus, or else down the road Kain would kill Raziel at the Sanctuary of the Clans when he tries to strike Raziel down with it.

mortaniusgod
20th Feb 2004, 18:54
you don't understand. Raziel is also the wraith reaver....
Human raziel--> vampire raziel--> wraith raziel--> Inside the soul reaver --> outside the soul reaver (wraith reaver)---> the wraith reaver heals kain... so, raziel is not trapped anymore... he becomes something else

warpsavant
20th Feb 2004, 18:56
No he doesnt, he becomes the sword. "I am as I was before..."

DarkWraith
20th Feb 2004, 19:20
I think the question we are all grappeling to ask here is "Does Raziel maintain any sense of self when he is within the blade?"

By this i mean is Raziel even stilll 'Raziel' when he is sucked into the reaver.

DW

warpsavant
20th Feb 2004, 19:29
willfull, ravenous, deranged, sentient parasite

I dont know , its hard to say.

garbagefanuk
20th Feb 2004, 21:49
I'm thinking he's too insane from the years of imprisonment to be what he was. "Deranged" say's it all.

Grizbo
21st Feb 2004, 09:26
Originally posted by mortaniusgod
you don't understand. Raziel is also the wraith reaver....
Human raziel--> vampire raziel--> wraith raziel--> Inside the soul reaver --> outside the soul reaver (wraith reaver)---> the wraith reaver heals kain... so, raziel is not trapped anymore... he becomes something else

There's a good point in there actually. Its possible the wraith blade - the Raziel that has been within the Soul Reaver all that time and then become joined with the younger Raziel - might be released (edit - when I say "released" I mean "used up" really) healing Kain, whilst the younger Raziel, the wraith we all all know and love, is absorbed into the Reaver to *become* that wraith blade in the future.

Way I see it, that wraith blade (Raziel's future soul) has to go somewhere, otherwise each cycle there's *another* Raziel in there, if you follow me.

warpsavant
21st Feb 2004, 19:11
Then, what happend to the W.B. in the cycle that had Raziel getting absorbed into the Reaver at the end of SR2? It just goes 'somewhere'?

I don't think the cycle theory makes sense, the last time through rewrites what happened previously.

mortaniusgod
22nd Feb 2004, 14:13
Originally posted by warpsavant
No he doesnt, he becomes the sword. "I am as I was before..."
ooohhhh READ WELL PLEASE!!!:
Raziel DOES NOT become the sword. He gets INSIDE the sword. Then he is released when the soul reaver is shattered, and he becomes the wraith reaver. and the wraith reaver is used to heal Kain. How hard is that to understand?

The wraith Raziel goes inside the sword, but the wraith reaver (the final Raziel) heals Kain... so I'd like to think that Raziel is free at last.

Jeffers
22nd Feb 2004, 14:45
Raziel does effectively become the Sword Mortaniousgod.

His powers are transfered to the sword, hence why it is able to reave the souls of the enemys, rather then the lifeblood which was originally the purpose that Janos and the other Ancients had believed the prophecy stated. But as Janos said, he could have misunderstood the prophecy and Raziels destiny is far more complex then he had realized.

Yes Raziel does become the wraith blade, but yet he is the soul reaver blade as well, hence the name. :)

Jeffers

Zephon
22nd Feb 2004, 15:03
the reaver gets stronger each cycle, look...

reaver with raz in->raz gets wb->raz & wb absorbed by BR->kain breaks BR on raz-> raz gets WB

see?:D

wishmaster
22nd Feb 2004, 20:10
he won't become deranged this time because the reaver itself is also healed of all corruption.
Raziel became deranged and crazy and just tottaly insane because the corruption of the sword.