PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] Hope

Twinkee
20th Feb 2004, 00:28
The masks have fallen away... the strings of the puppets are visible... the hands of main players are revealed. Kain tastes ... hope.

so Reaver 3 aka Defiance leaves us with..

Kain is the Scion of Balance (Balance Gaurdian MkX.2 beta) destined to restore "balance" to Nosgoth.

Armed with the Spirit Soul Reaver (Raz-Reaver MkII).

But he's not a vampire (no heart == staff doesn't work) so unless Janos is brought out of the Demon realm.. there are no vampires left in Nosgoth. Kain has surpassed being a guardian and is now the scion (decendant) of balance. This means that he's no longer sustained by the pillars or being a vampire.... I'm sure they'll find some obscure reason for his 'living' and be gratious enough to explain it better in LoK 6. "Balance" ?

The dimensional lock, the Pillars, are wasted. As seen in Reaver 2 (distant future time) this makes Nosgoth a real toilet with Demons running amok. We didn't see any actual Hylden in Reaver 2 tho (except Raz.. don't be picky).

Omen 2 removes at least one ancient Hylden weapon of "mass" ;) destruction.

The pillars were the lock, the Reaver the key, but we still haven't seen a Vampire 'banish' device. And I don't think the vampires have a spare set of pillars in the trunk.

Are the Hylden the bad guys? or just pissed for being banished for not worshiping what has turned out to be a false god. The spill from the dimension they were banished to certainly presents a problem for nosgoth but do the Hylden? ... ... that could probably have its own thread, but this twist is ... ... different for LoK 6

So Kain has just walked away from kicking tenticle... eye... He has The "Raz-Reaver2", some trashed pillars, demon dimensional rifts backing up elder god knows what and he still finds space for hope. Doesn't make a vast amount of sense, but it's a game and he is very strong with a big sword.

PS I have no idea how this thread ended up in this forum

Umah Bloodomen
20th Feb 2004, 01:15
Originally posted by Twinkee
PS I have no idea how this thread ended up in this forum

Um, you posted it here, maybe? :p

I'll go ahead and move it for you. ;)

Twinkee
20th Feb 2004, 13:00
A talking Reaver could be interesting and probably completely useless

HolyMoses
20th Feb 2004, 14:15
What do you think Janos would do, or say, if he ever saw the face of his god?

Darkmaster
21st Feb 2004, 10:42
I propably shouldn't say this because all the vampires here will suck me dry but I will.Turns out the Hylden were right,they got banished for not believing in the Elder God and now we know he was the cause of most of the problems.But why did EG want to kill all the vampires if they worshiped him back then?

Erving JeansBgone
21st Feb 2004, 11:52
couse the vampires where useless to him now them being imortal and all...he could not get their souls...but then he coulden`t get the Hylden`s souls so what was the point of exterminating the vamps in the first place?(vamps are toast,Hylden come back into nosgoth and the EG still can`t tuch their souls :confused: )

Twinkee
21st Feb 2004, 13:58
And no one should dare ask how a multi realm tentacle monster can eat souls and urinate life

Erving JeansBgone
21st Feb 2004, 17:09
Lolz :D nice one dude

DJpick
21st Feb 2004, 18:28
Even without the HoD Kain is stilla vampire. The Heart didnt keep him a vampire, it just made himone. He is still a reanimated corpse, so he is still a vampire.

Twinkee
22nd Feb 2004, 09:02
I agree with the animated 'corpse' bit but I don't think he's a vampire. I think he's.... something else now.

whis kinda raises the question.. was Kain ever a vampire. or just a blood drinking undead something.

the HoD restores unlife. we need to know more about the "time and effort" it takes to make a vampire half breed like Vorador.

is Kain a human with the hylden's bloodlust curse?

DJpick
22nd Feb 2004, 09:59
was Kain ever a vampire. or just a blood drinking undead something
I think you guys are getting a little too overanalytical. Kain has always been, and always will be a vampire. He is undead (ps. a blood sucking undead thing IS a vampire. Vampires are undead creatures that feed on blood).

Turns out the Hylden were right,they got banished for not believing in the Elder God
When was this said? I was under the impression we just knew they were banished, not why.

is Kain a human with the hylden's bloodlust curse?
Amy has already established she is using two forms of vampirism. Janos' method (biting) and Kains (soul reanimation).

the HoD restores unlife
And?

it takes to make a vampire half breed like Vorador.
Since when is he a half breed? Appearently those half breeds were good enough to run the pillars for a time.

a74gh83
22nd Feb 2004, 12:04
whis kinda raises the question.. was Kain ever a vampire. or just a blood drinking undead something.

if anything Kain is the closest thing to a vampire. Vorador and his descendants were 'given' the dark gift. Kain on the other hand was handed down the dark gift directly from Janos, since the HoD was Janos's heart. In a sense Kain is more of a vampire than Vorador, the first of the turned vamps, ever was.