PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Quest Monsters 2

Grimoire
19th Aug 2013, 16:01
Dragon Quest Monsters 2

Dragon Quest Monsters 2's G for Giant size monsters (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/14/dragon-quest-monsters-2s-g-for-giant-size-monsters/) (Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/)) – Dragon Quest Monsters 2 is getting a remake in the same way Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry’s Wonderland 3D entered the third dimension.

w1ndowpane
24th Aug 2014, 20:35
I just came here to say, bring the 3DS remake of Dragon Quest Monsters 2 to the US!

KaboomKrusader
25th Aug 2014, 03:34
Just one more game to add on to the ever-growing pile of DQ titles that need to be localized.

Asamoya
3rd Oct 2014, 22:07
Japan gets the second game and we over here in the UK/EU haven't even got the first yet!
At least try to release it over here! Translate it, Advertise it but release it as an e-shop download (to keep your costs low).

I'm sure you'll get plenty of sales, just try to pick a good release date - nowhere near games people would consider similar (Pokémon etc)...

slime_fan
21st Oct 2014, 18:00
"Translate it, Advertise it but release it as an e-shop download (to keep your costs low)."
That's what Atlus is doing with Shin MEgami Tensei IV in Europe (it comes out the 30th of this month) : digital-only, a bit cheaper (about 20€) and advertising it a bit. (they only translate their games into english... since their first translated game xD)
I personally don't care if its only a download only franchise, release DQ outside Japan, please. I can't live like this :(

Asamoya
21st Oct 2014, 20:45
"Translate it, Advertise it but release it as an e-shop download (to keep your costs low)."
That's what Atlus is doing with Shin MEgami Tensei IV in Europe (it comes out the 30th of this month) : digital-only, a bit cheaper (about 20€) and advertising it a bit. (they only translate their games into english... since their first translated game xD)
I personally don't care if its only a download only franchise, release DQ outside Japan, please. I can't live like this :(

I know, like I said in some other post, as much as I love S-E, they are always so late to realise what the way forward is. The Nintendo 3DS E-Shop makes things so easy (unless I'm missing something), look at Steam's success.
You put a tremendous amount of effort in making a 3D remake of a classic game and then only release it in a tiny area, when just by investing a comparatively small amount of money on top (translation, QA, electronic distribution) you could push the product worldwide...

Error96_
15th Nov 2014, 15:01
I always find the DS/3DS to be a very poor console at getting an internet connection. I really do want to see more DQ titles make it to EU/UK but not convinced internet download is a good way to do it.

If they have taken so much effort to make these games then they should be getting the best from them with wider western distribution.

Photodinopathy
5th May 2015, 17:03
My 3DS not so bad for getting downloads. Any way PSN/£DS download would be great to get old DQ games. Never played 1 to 3 but want to.