PDA

View Full Version : The Pillars and Nosgoth

anuk
19th Feb 2004, 11:22
I've brought and played every LOK game apart from 'The pillars' which I've heard of. My understanding is that each pillar represents a part of the land(mortanius' pillar=how bloodthirsty the humans are) But I also understand that the Balance pillar keeps every one in order so if that goes then all the pillars are corrupted.
The part which I don't understand is when kain refused the sacrifice the pillars exploded. Ariel before him was murded and the pillars did not fall into decay.
Also does anyone know how far the pillars extend and where nosgoth is set? Because i remember a poster in BO2 with french writing:confused:

van_HellSing PL
19th Feb 2004, 11:29
I've brought and played every LOK game apart from 'The pillars' which I've heard of.

"The Pillars of Nosgoth" was just a working title for Blood Omen.

Also, Nosgoth is not on Earth - the posters in BO2 were a sort of "easter eggs".

Jeffers
19th Feb 2004, 14:23
Kain refused the sacrifice because at first he wanted to rule the land. It is also possible that he realised that sacrificing himself to the pillars would have made no difference to the pillars, other then damming them to complete destruction and allowing the hylden to return to nosgoth.

He then realised by stumbling on the time streaming chamber that it was possible for him to restore the pillars of nosgoth and that the pillars were originally for the vampires. And the rest is in the games.

JJheadcharge
20th Feb 2004, 01:23
Ariel before him was murded and the pillars did not fall into decay

actually they were decayed as ariel was murdered. but they did not get destroyed right away. kain had a certain time limit to complete his task i believe.

Jeffers
20th Feb 2004, 13:40
Kain was ignorant of the choice he had to make because he didn't know he was the balance guardian.

The pillars were destroyed when Kain discovered he was the balance guardian and refused to sacrifice himself. Untill then, the choice always remained open so the pillars remained in a fragile state.

Jeffers