PDA

View Full Version : The pillars of Nosgoth... neverending?



mortaniusgod
18th Feb 2004, 16:14
Why do the pillars of nosgoth rise high into the sky in Defiance and SR2, when in Blood Omen 1 they don't rise endlesly into the sky, thety are not that high actually, you can see it in the cinematic flight to the pillars, look at the shadows, they have a top, and you can see the top of them when playing, if you get near the pillars.

van_HellSing PL
18th Feb 2004, 16:18
It's probably just a design feature. By the way, BO1 itself is inconsistent in that matter, in the pic where when Kain views the pillars from a distance, they are much higher.

Matthew Danvers
18th Feb 2004, 16:28
I wonder, do the Pillars of Nosgoth also go through the core of the planet and rise up from the ground on the other side, such as they do in the location we are familiar with from the games?

- Matt

mortaniusgod
18th Feb 2004, 16:36
Originally posted by van_HellSing PL
in the pic where when Kain views the pillars from a distance, they are much higher.
mmm you are right....
but in the cinematic flight, you can see the shadows have an end...

Erving JeansBgone
18th Feb 2004, 21:41
intrsting question Matt,i allso recall the pillars streaching deep into the ground into that chamber where the EG was located in SR2

HolyMoses
18th Feb 2004, 21:44
Originally posted by Matthew Danvers
I wonder, do the Pillars of Nosgoth also go through the core of the planet and rise up from the ground on the other side, such as they do in the location we are familiar with from the games?

- Matt

Nosgoth has never been made mention to as a planet, only as "The Land of Nosgoth" Even if you look at the map, it is only surrounded by sea on three sides, and doesn't go any further north than the mountains.

Jeffers
19th Feb 2004, 14:04
It does actually say throughout the series that the Pillars reach infinatly into the sky. So even if it doesn't look like it in BO, they are actaully suppose to ;)

Jeffers

mortaniusgod
19th Feb 2004, 14:46
Originally posted by Jeffers
It does actually say throughout the series that the Pillars reach infinatly into the sky. So even if it doesn't look like it in BO, they are actaully suppose to ;)

Jeffers
also in BO1?

Jeffers
20th Feb 2004, 13:35
Yes. The pillars reach infinatly into the sky from when they were raised untill the pillars collapsed.

Jeffers

van_HellSing PL
20th Feb 2004, 14:09
So, exactly HOW could the pillars have been raised if they're infinite? ;)

Jeffers
20th Feb 2004, 14:16
aha. Now with lots of carefull thinking and lots of consideration I have come up with the perfect answer!!!!!!!

They were raised with magic, so it is a magical power that makes them infinate. ;)

Jeffers

mortaniusgod
20th Feb 2004, 14:53
But in BO1 it is never said that they raise high into the sky.

Jeffers
20th Feb 2004, 22:48
Well the way I look at it is they can't suddenly just grow within the same time periods. IE SR2 set in BO, Defiance set in BO so I take it that they reach infinatly into the sky.

Jeffers

Zephon
23rd Feb 2004, 15:55
if they were that high you would see them from any were in nosgoth