PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] Just an idea

LOK kain is the greatest
18th Feb 2004, 00:28
Okay this is just an idea i had. is probably totaly crazy but here goes.

I dont think Kain will leave Raz in the blade for long, and that got me thinking as to how he would get him out.Now we all Know the reaver drinks souls right?.Well who else do we know that Drinks souls.
The EG.
Now i think when Kain sticks the EG with the reaver,his soul will be sucked into the blade naturally, but i also think that the blade cannot hold two soul stealing Entties at one time. With the EG being the more powerful i think Raz's soul will be spit out as it were.

Now that would leave the reaver with the EG spirit in it for the young kain.

Well Thats my idea. Tell me what ya think guys:D

Luv KITG:D

TheWatcher
18th Feb 2004, 00:52
That would certainly keep the story intact and be a way to get Raz back, but wouldn't that mean that Raz has been running around (since the destruction of the soul reaver) with EG's soul on his arm? BTW, I'm not so sure the EG has a soul that could be consumed. If he does, I would think he might be powerful enough to resist the blade. Oh well...:rolleyes:

WraithStar
18th Feb 2004, 01:12
This is LOK. Anything is possible. I think that this is a plausible theory. I don't know if this is where the writers were heading, but it definitely strikes me as a good way to tie up some of the loose ends. I don't know if the Elder God does have a soul exactly, but it would make sense for the Soul Reaver to try to absorb him and become tainted, which would lead to it needing to be purified. Maybe the final confrontation with the Elder God would draw out the wraith blade from wherever it went and that's the Raziel that might be freed. This theory is definitely interesting. Of course, only time will tell if it is what the writers intend to do.

Jeffers
19th Feb 2004, 13:53
I don't think the theory is plausabile. Raziels destiny was to decide between redeeming nosgoth or destroying it. To decide whether to combine the elements of the pillars and to purify the guardians sight or to leave the pillars in their corrupted state and allow the hylden to be released upon the world.

And as we know Raziel chose to purify the reaver and the souls. But I don't see how he could be freed from the reaver?

Jeffers

abruptdogma
19th Feb 2004, 15:02
i have to say that I prefer raz to stay in the blade. we have seen that it already happens, has always happened and that this is his fate. Plus I like the idea of the noble sacrafice for the greater good. Tragic heros are always the most appealing

WraithStar
19th Feb 2004, 22:19
I don't necessarily want Raziel to leave the Reaver, I want the story to go wherever the writers are taking it. However, I see a bit of a problem if Kain attacks the Elder God with the Soul Reaver. When the Reaver absorbs souls, do the souls get sent to the Elder God like when Raziel absorbed souls? If this is the case, then what will happen when Kain attacks the Elder God? Can the Elder God's soul (or whatever he has) get sent to himself? This seems like a loop to me. Maybe not a Reaver-shattering paradox, but it could definitely have some interesting consequences.

HolyMoses
19th Feb 2004, 22:26
Originally posted by WraithStar
I don't necessarily want Raziel to leave the Reaver, I want the story to go wherever the writers are taking it. However, I see a bit of a problem if Kain attacks the Elder God with the Soul Reaver. When the Reaver absorbs souls, do the souls get sent to the Elder God like when Raziel absorbed souls? If this is the case, then what will happen when Kain attacks the Elder God? Can the Elder God's soul (or whatever he has) get sent to himself? This seems like a loop to me. Maybe not a Reaver-shattering paradox, but it could definitely have some interesting consequences.

Well, maybe when he activated the spirit reaver his energy is no longer sent to the EG. Which would be why the spirit reaver is the most powerful, it was uninhibited by the EG's influence.

But that would also mean that Mobius's soul was consumed by only Raziel, not the Elder God

Lozza Mate
20th Feb 2004, 05:58
the soul in the blade must be raziel. otherwise there is no reason for the soul reaver to be 'destroyed' in SR1 (no paradox).

WraithStar
20th Feb 2004, 17:18
Originally posted by HolyMoses
Well, maybe when he activated the spirit reaver his energy is no longer sent to the EG. Which would be why the spirit reaver is the most powerful, it was uninhibited by the EG's influence.

But that would also mean that Mobius's soul was consumed by only Raziel, not the Elder God

I'm pretty sure Raziel said something like he was going to send Moebius to his master before consuming Moebius, so I assume the souls still go to the Elder God. I agree that the soul in the Soul Reaver has to be Raziel, but I think that if the Reaver tried to consume the Elder God later, it would become tainted (thus needing purification in Defiance). I think it is possible that somehow or another, the wraith blade (Raziel's future soul) might get drawn out and separated, so I think it is possible for Raziel to return. I don't know if that's what will happen (I'm not even sure if that's what I want to happen), but I think it is possible.

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
22nd Feb 2004, 13:17
the reaver wasnt able to hurt the EG until it was purified, so once it has been, as the end of defiance showed, then kain may be able to use it to kill and absorb the EG.

maybe Raziel becomes the EG, both being soul stealing forms. or raziels soul is taken from the reaver and given to the EG, and purifies EG, killing him