PDA

View Full Version : LOK 6: Sisters are doing it for themselves.

theextremepiercing
17th Feb 2004, 21:54
We know that in order to restore the Pillars, Kain now has to return them to vampire guardianship. In order to achieve this, he will probably try to establish a new, second kingdom of vampires. What's more, because he has been cured by Raziel, any vampires he now creates will be free of the taint of Nupraptor's madness that doomed the first empire as soon as it had begun. In order to build this new, improved empire, Kain might first create a new family of lieutenants. However, this time around, why shouldn't all these lieutenants be female? I think it would be really interesting to put Kain in that kiond of situation. Previously, with his sons, it was such a testosterone-charged environment. And the games have always seemed very macho, with their male leads. Forum users are always calling for more women in LOK, and I think a bunch of women lieutenants would make for a really interesting new perspectiove. Plus, I think the comedy potential betweeen the girls and their daddy is immense.

van_HellSing PL
17th Feb 2004, 21:57
Please... tell me you're joking...

Raptor666
17th Feb 2004, 22:08
Legacy of Vorador that is, surely? :D

JJheadcharge
17th Feb 2004, 22:21
Originally posted by van_HellSing PL
Please... tell me you're joking...

put a pretty before that please...

hippl5
17th Feb 2004, 23:02
why do females keep on complaining that there are mostly males in lok? and besides if kain were to raise new luitetanats

In SR2 kain said "one must keep his friends close raziel, and his enemies closer" Enemies- sarafan have you seen any sarafan females? i haven't. and at the end of defiance there was still a war with the hylden, so the next lok game will deal with that

Dark Abyss
18th Feb 2004, 01:53
Actually hippl5, there are sarafan women. Think about the bald wizards when you return to the time when Janos lives.

Preacher
18th Feb 2004, 03:25
...and there's Azimuth.

Seriously, putting women in the series just for the sake of putting women in the series would ruin it. Just look at Umah, a plot device with huge breasts. Yech.

Nay, I hope they just make existing females have more importance, such as The Seer and Azimuth.

Possibly even Ariel.

Preacher
18th Feb 2004, 03:32
Oh, and by the way, you really shouldn't think of LoK as not being politically correct. There are no hidden agendas or implied meanings that Males > Females, it's just the way it is. Don't look for what's not equal and what's not there. Just sit back and enjoy what is there, the magnificent story.

evil_sharkey
18th Feb 2004, 04:40
Okay, how many more times do we all have to have this discussion? Adding women just for the sake of having women characters sucks. It's tokenism. I HATE tokenism. It does nothing but prove that women/minorities are nothing but an afterthought, and usually an expendible one at that. Yuck!

Do you know why there are hardly any female characters in LoK? Because there aren't so many major female characters in real life. For almost every important female, there's a better known male counterpart (except Queen Elizabeth I; she rocked). It stinks, but it's true. Men dominate, and they wrote history. Fiction that strays too far from reality becomes silly and difficult to relate to, which explains the dearth of good movies/books/games that star strong female characters. I don't want Legacy of Kain to wander into that territory. The vampire huntresses are enough for me (I haven't played the earlier games yet, so I don't know any of the others very well).

If you're so desperately starved for female roles that you'd wish LoK to sacrifice it's integrity, I suggest you try some other games like Tomb Raider, BloodRayne, Primal, Alice, and No One Lives Forever. There are also games that let you choose whether you want to be a male or female. Unreal Tournament even lets you configure your enemies... at least the PC version does. Oh, and start reading the comic book series Strangers in Paradise. It's so good you'll wonder how it could possibly have been written by a man. Or, do what I do. Make up your own stories and characters. They'll work out the way YOU want them to. If you don't have the time or talent to put them into any shareable format, keep them in your mind. At least no one can criticize what remains in your imagination. Just please, please, don't ask others to modify their stories to fit your fantasies.

shiburavi
18th Feb 2004, 09:19
Females in LOK series.....yeeeks

Lär
18th Feb 2004, 11:42
Originally posted by Dark Abyss
..there are sarafan women. Think about the bald wizards when you return to the time when Janos lives.

LOL, I remember them. Anytime you gave chase, they ran off shouting "protect me brothers!!" Easy kills!! hehe :cool:

If the devs decide to dwell in to the "back story" of Vorador, for the next game, I'm sure we'll see lots of female characters. ;)

Let's not forget the female Ancients depicted in the murals. From what we were shown, they appeared to be formidable warriors.

Later! :D

hippl5
18th Feb 2004, 14:22
Originally posted by Dark Abyss
Actually hippl5, there are sarafan women. Think about the bald wizards when you return to the time when Janos lives.

Oh really? i didn't notice lol i exited combat mode and kept chasing then around like chikens, i also know an unlimited combo in the game but its easier chasing everyone and hitting them.
anyway all of kains luitenants were warriors and they were the best. so kain will want the best again, and i don't think there are anymore good sarafan because The Age of The Sarafan is Over!

As for azimuth, shes not really his enemy, just a guardian, the ancients... aren't they all dead? (except for janos)

and as for females as starts in games lets not forget about eidos fear effect. Project eden has 2 females and 2 males.

hippl5
18th Feb 2004, 14:26
oh forgot to add one thing, i read some legend about queen elizabeth that she killed many young women and bathed in their blood, anyone else heard that?

Edit: Kain killed umah right? he trusted her but now he doesn't show why would he want another traitor. and the cabal had women vampires (but that's vorador) i'm not sure if kain will like that

Erving JeansBgone
18th Feb 2004, 14:51
jeez Blizzard is cheep they used that when they made that quest about killing the countess...and about females in Lok,it`s not like i`d mind but i would not like them as the main character,and if any do apear in the next game i hope they wont make another Umah`like person(same thing in the Tomb Raider series),and anyways the story revolves around a small bunch of people:Kain, Raziel,vorador,EG,Moebius...adding a female would just be pointless

kainslady
18th Feb 2004, 15:12
what difference does it make if the character is male or female? as long as the character is relevant to the story:rolleyes: yeah,i like to see strong female characters-in any game...but that's up to the powers that be.

van_HellSing PL
18th Feb 2004, 16:10
Originally posted by hippl5
oh forgot to add one thing, i read some legend about queen elizabeth that she killed many young women and bathed in their blood, anyone else heard that? Lol, that wasn't about queen Elizabeth but the hungarian countess Elizabeth (Erzsebet) Bathory (1560-1614). She killed about 600 young women to bathe in their blood, believing it would preserve her youth.

On a side note, Elizabeth's cousin Stefan Batory (1576-1586) was king of Poland.

Vampmaster
18th Feb 2004, 16:23
Originally posted by Lär
LOL, I remember them. Anytime you gave chase, they ran off shouting "protect me brothers!!" Easy kills!! hehe :cool:

The ones in Moebius army with the sort of a cross between spears and axes were actually quite tough. (As was anything in SR2 with a spear.)

Dark Abyss
18th Feb 2004, 22:13
Originally posted by van_HellSing PL
Lol, that wasn't about queen Elizabeth but the hungarian countess Elizabeth (Erzsebet) Bathory (1560-1614). She killed about 600 young women to bathe in their blood, believing it would preserve her youth.

On a side note, Elizabeth's cousin Stefan Batory (1576-1586) was king of Poland.

Yeah, and the beautifull part was that they where all virgins. Cruelty in it's rawest form.

Apocrypha Roxy
18th Feb 2004, 23:32
Aaah... the Blood Countess... :D

Should a female lead be introduced, make her substantial. The warrior female Ancients were beautiful. And they knew how to wield a weapon with deadly force.
If they developed Umah more (character-wise), then she would have passed for a female lead in the eyes of more players. I thought she did fine. She did need some fine-tuning in the depth department, though.
More Seer, more Ariel, more Azimuth, etc. A compelling female role that could be given to a male role also. A character. A personality. Not a sex object.

Omni_Sephiroth
19th Feb 2004, 01:12
its still posible for Kain to resurect Raziel and his brothers and have a sort of 2nd go at it :p

Dark Abyss
19th Feb 2004, 22:45
I personally liked Umah. She really didn't give me that bleah feeling of a woman in a game. Somehow, i don't know why but she felt like she was completing Kain. Where Kain was arrogant and almost got killed, she was judgeing and saved him.