PDA

View Full Version : Concerning Rope Arrows/WCG

HOC
17th Feb 2004, 20:39
ok, not to beat a dead horse or anything...but something popped into my mind that i thought needed mentioning.

in thief 2, in the mansion that had two missions...one where ya cased the joint, and the other when ya went for the prize (the cultivator thing)...

if ya remember the level i'm talking about, then ya most likely remember the booby trapped floors. whenever ya stepped on the floors, a gas would emit and knock some health off of ya. i remember in order to get the priceless exotic masks, along with the cultivator, the best method (and only one i remember being able to perform) was to shoot a rope arrow onto a beam, and hang off it while ya made the grab for the loot/objective.

this was a part i thought was great, although a bit awkward to do since the space between floor and ceiling was quite minimal.

anyways, what i wanna know is will t: ds have any kind of level design resembling this with the WCG? or will there even be more kinds of booby traps?

i hope so. i'm aware the community at large hated the mechanists and their security systems, but i thought they were a great addition that did nothing but increase the feeling of being a thief and bypassing another type of security. same thing goes for the booby traps.

Bat-mite
17th Feb 2004, 21:39
I don't think anyone knows what kinds of levels will be in T3 just yet. I, like you, used the rope arrow trick in that level. But I believe I read a thread here in which someone said you could actually lean in and grab it from the floor. I always forget about the "lean" button. :)

Huntress
18th Feb 2004, 00:40
Bat_Mite...I'm not so sure that could be done that way as I don't think you could reach them...but certainly if you disengaged the gas first with the buttons in the other room...you could get in there but then you'd also have the Bots to contend with and guards. So I think, overall, the best safest method was the rope hanging trick and going up over the rafters to get around..actually for me, the most fun way too! ;) Ta and Good Hunting!

theBlackman
18th Feb 2004, 17:03
Originally posted by Huntress
Bat_Mite...I'm not so sure that could be done that way as I don't think you could reach them...but certainly if you disengaged the gas first with the buttons in the other room...you could get in there but then you'd also have the Bots to contend with and guards. So I think, overall, the best safest method was the rope hanging trick and going up over the rafters to get around..actually for me, the most fun way too! ;) Ta and Good Hunting!

I too used the beams, but the safest way is to disable all the traps in rotation. If you recall this can be done. The tricky part is that only one room at a time can be deactivated. So you have to run the gauntlet of guards to the panels at least three times. But it is still a run for your money.

Bat-mite
18th Feb 2004, 21:27
Ah, right. I knew there was some trick to it.

The memory is going...