PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] The Reavers Future

moose562
17th Feb 2004, 16:38
Me and my friends are joking about this happening since we finished Defiance. Have any of you thought about this?

Raziel soul is in the Reaver now so does this mean we are going to get Kain and his comedy talking sword, constantly nagging at him to let it see whats going on and arguing with him? I always thought the Reaver as a personality would be quite an interesting concept. You know in the voice overs Raziel gives in the games and he speaks in the past tense sometimes, well perhaps the last game will end with Kain at the foot of the Balance Pillar on his throne with his talking Sword next to him as they reminisce about the whole affair. Maybe Kain is the only one who can hear the sword speak to him so he gets himself into all sorts of dodgy situations where people think he is either talking to them or is completely nuts. And if anybody doesn't think that the Reaver will speak cos it never said a word in BO2, it is because we are not privy to all of Kains thoughts ;) hehe

Just a silly thought. Maybe we would get a petition started?! ;)

van_HellSing PL
17th Feb 2004, 16:43
I'm for it. Come on, I wouldn't want another LoK game without Michael Bell's voice!

moose562
17th Feb 2004, 16:46
we obviously share the same sense of humour! i was worried i wouldn't get a reply cos i posted here the other day and when i came back it was gone!

resevil67
17th Feb 2004, 16:51
I would love to see the reaver talk :)

moose562
17th Feb 2004, 16:57
it'd have to nag and nag and nag at kain though! i think those two could be the ideal comedy duo!

Raptor666
17th Feb 2004, 18:19
OMG I had a similar thought the other night, I'd love to seeLilarcor Reaver :D

Matthew Danvers
17th Feb 2004, 18:33
How about a spin-off game series, called the Legacy of Comedy? :D

Talking Reaver!
Vehiculum Furtus Maximo!
Nicked carriage chases throughout Meridian City and... San Ziegsturhl?! :D
Spraypaint action!
More toon Kain sneaking action!
Legacy of Kain Kart Racer!
Big VFM-style ballheads sitting in tiny-wee karts!

:p

- Matt

garbagefanuk
17th Feb 2004, 18:41
For some reason when i think of a talking reaver i'm having images of scrappy doo.

Kain: Beyond the castle lies my enemy, the Sarafan Lord remerged after the centuries of banishment after i defeated him as a fledgeling"

Raziel Reaver: Let me at him, let me at him, i'll spat him!!

Matthew Danvers
17th Feb 2004, 18:47
Haha! Hey yeah! :D

Kain: "I found this mural to be of particular interest, for--"
Raziel Reaver: "Turn around! Turn around! I can't see it!"
Kain: -sigh-
-turns around-
Raziel Reaver: "BOOORING!"

- Matt

Dogfight
17th Feb 2004, 20:33
I just hope they leave well enough alone, and don't have the sword talking. It hasn't talked so far, why should it start now.

Chaotix
17th Feb 2004, 20:51
Comedic value aside. If it could talk now, shouldn't it have been able to talk in like BO1 and the first while of SR1?

Raptor666
17th Feb 2004, 21:38
In general I would say no, it probably shouldn't be able to talk, but at the same time the means by which Raziel were imprisoned were different this time around (I assume anyway), which may justify changes in the Soul Reaver. Raziel was willfully absorbed into the Reaver as opposed to forced.

JJheadcharge
17th Feb 2004, 22:22
maybe if it has the voice from the car from knight rider.

Quicksilver
17th Feb 2004, 23:18
And the eyes would flash blue in tandem with Raziel's speech, and it could vibrate and point towards the nearest power-up or glow when Hylden are near!
;)

Well, maybe. Apart from it being a little 'jak and daxter'-ry (and the undeniable comedic genius of the thing), having the Reaver as a separate thinking, talking entity could be interesting - especially if Raziel's soul starts to go insane trapped within the blade.

Bobman32x
18th Feb 2004, 01:28
Well, I hope thatg the reaver's Mouth wouldnt move like its talking:p Though If just the eyes lit up or something, it could be like a cool whisper effect. And how do you know the Raziel Reaver has never Talked to Kain before? He's Never had it, aside from BO1, but i highly doubt that Raziel would ruin Kain's and His own destiny by talking to the young Fledgling Kain.

Think about it. BO1's explinationis above, he didnt have it in BO2 aside from the ending, in SR when you see the reaver its about 10 seconds before it becomes raziel's wraith reaver, plus SR is told through Raziel, not Kain, so Raziel wouldnt know if his swordself was talking to Kain. In SR2, Kain doesnt even have the Reaver (Any form) In Defiance, Kain only has the Blood Reaver until the last fight against the elder. And for some reason in BO2's Opening, I always saw that the reaver can talk to Kain when he's holding it in the FMVs. It just glows coolly, and Kain seems to look down at it alot. So It actually may be a serious Possibility. Im all for it. We need raziel's Voice in a Kain Game for now on. it just cant leave! (BTW yes i know Michael Bell is Raz's voice, but when you play the game and hear the dialoge i hear Raziel, not Michael Bell doing a VO for a Digital Video Game character)

The Angel of Death
18th Feb 2004, 08:14
talkin reaver 2 me thats just weird no afence if u want 2 see a talkin reaver tho

Chubben
18th Feb 2004, 09:12
We do need Raziel's voice. But not from a sword. I think the game should take a new spin, like being a vampire from the Razielim clan or something like that. And you can still here him as youre great Lieutenant.:cool:

Vampmaster
18th Feb 2004, 16:13
I think the Reaver should be able to possess Kain at times. Maybe young Kain, so it could sort of guide him towards the destiny that older Kain has been seeking.

HolyMoses
18th Feb 2004, 17:16
I think the next continium of Defiance should have Raziel's voice as the narrator. That would put a nice spin on it.

However, I don't really think the next game will be continued from Defiance, but rather start up from a different point in Nosgoth's history. Perhaps the dawn of Kain's empire?

Enihcam
18th Feb 2004, 19:39
Originally posted by HolyMoses
I think the next continium of Defiance should have Raziel's voice as the narrator. That would put a nice spin on it.

I like this idea much better than a talking reaver.

Quicksilver
18th Feb 2004, 21:41
It'd be nice...wouldn't make much more sense, though :)

WraithStar
19th Feb 2004, 03:54
Has anyone played Buried in Time? It would definitely be interesting to have Raziel whisper to Kain kind of like having Arthur in your suit in BiT. You would click on things and Arthur would give some background commentary. He would also warn you of certain dangers and help you figure out some puzzles if you asked him.

garbagefanuk
19th Feb 2004, 20:47
......this is Legacy Of Kain, not Broken Sword :confused:

Kain's Right-Hand Man
19th Feb 2004, 23:37
Maybe a talking sword wouldn't be so stupid if it didnt talk,it could have a psychic link with kain.and before anyone says"why didnt it speak before?" there could be the excuse that kains telekinetic powers were never strong enough until this point

SoulCat
20th Feb 2004, 02:50
I think thats a great idea! Just to give a different afect to the game, and that way Raziel isn't completly gone :D .
I agree with Van_HellSing, the game wouldn't be the same without Michael Bell's voice. I believe he is the best voice actor I've ever heard!
GO MICHAEL!! :D

WraithStar
20th Feb 2004, 02:51
Exactly. That's kind of what I was getting at before-- if Raziel has a telepathic link to Kain. As Bobman32x says, it's quite possible that the Reaver was communicating with Kain and we just couldn't hear it.

moose562
20th Feb 2004, 19:01
if you wanna get technical, how the hell did raziel speak in the first place <points to jaw, or lack of>

cos his tongue is missing wouldn't he sound completely gutteral and chokey? almost incoherant! i bet michael bell could do it and it would be hilarious to listen to

Darkmaster
21st Feb 2004, 10:08
I am sure that Raziel is alive inside the Reaver.Also if you look close enough doesn't Raziel look like the face on the Reaver,with the jaw missing and everything?

ZeroBlade
21st Feb 2004, 17:00
Well in Defiance Kain fights Raziel with the reaver, yet the reaver hurts Raziel, yet in soul reaver 1 Kain hits Raziel with the reaver and it breaks.

To brake when he attacks Raziel it, will need Raziels soul inside the reaver. At the end of defiance Raziels soul is inside the reaver.

So you wont get a talking sword, just a more powerful sword.

Later when Soul Reaver 1 happens, the sword will brake when hitting Raziel, the soul will be released and go around Raziels arm (The soul reaver that was imprisioned). This will be the weapon that he uses from then on.

2 soul reavers both together, however the original soul reaver (The physical blade not the wraith blade) is built so it will trap Raziel inside it.

This is my theory.

However Raziel being hit by the reaver would just make the paradox happen again.

But maybe because of these events in defiance, Raziel will be resurrected by Kain but Raziel wont be thrown into the abias.

So maybe we may look forward to Legacy of Kain 7 (6 should be Kain alone?) involving Raziel and Kain as Vampires going back in time to stop the corruption of the pillars, once and for all.

the 7th lieutenant
21st Feb 2004, 17:23
This is the Legacy of Kain, for pete's sake! Not Comedy Central!
A Talking Reaver?! No Way! This is a serious, asskicking story, with no room for a friggin' lilarcor!
Raziel is a serious character( although Mike Bell is hylarious) and wouldn't be nagging.

Besides, look at the skull on the hilt of the blade;
Does that look funny to you?

No! No friggin' way! The Legacy of Kain would be ruined if this was put in. No talking blade! absolutely not!:mad:

DJpick
21st Feb 2004, 18:20
Well in Defiance Kain fights Raziel with the reaver, yet the reaver hurts Raziel, yet in soul reaver 1 Kain hits Raziel with the reaver and it breaks.
Actually, in Defiance Kain has the BR, and it does hurt Raziel. In SR1 it was the SR that broke, ie it had the WB inside it.

WraithStar
21st Feb 2004, 18:40
I definitely would not want a funny talking Reaver, but it would be interesting if Raziel telepathically gave Kain real advice that we, playing the game as Kain, would be able to hear. This would open up the game for much more difficult puzzles because there could be an option to see what Raziel's thinking, and he could give clues.

Zephon
22nd Feb 2004, 14:45
the reaver could grow wings & be used by kain 2 fly!

DJpick
22nd Feb 2004, 19:14
A winged sword for someone who can turn into a bat, to help him fly?

moose562
23rd Feb 2004, 09:45
why not! ;) hehe

Vampmaster
23rd Feb 2004, 11:24
Maybe instead it could drag him around like the wraith blade did with Raziel in SR2. Maybe it could do things like refusing to devour somebodys soul if it knows Kain will regret it later. I think possing it's weilder is much more fitting with the game. But it should only happen for breif periods.

BTW, now that it's been "rendered pure by spirit" it may have regained it's self awareness so even it shouldn't talk to him, it's actions might speak louder than words.

DJpick
24th Feb 2004, 04:16
The Reaver wasn't rendered pure, it's bearer was. Maybe it's the bearer that brings out the power of the reaver.

moose562
3rd Mar 2004, 22:31
so if kain is now purified does that go towards restoring him to his original form or is he just too far gone?

with kains purification would raziel now have a second chance!

DJpick
4th Mar 2004, 09:44
with kains purification would raziel now have a second chance
Second chance at what? Going into the blade? What people seem to forget is that if time is immutable, as has been said, then nothing can change. All events have to happen as they did, or else a change wouldn't occur anyways.

nichie14
18th Mar 2004, 23:08
A TALKING VOICE WOULD BE COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA, RATHER FUNNY TOO. FINALLY SOMETHING THAT MAKES SENSE IN THE LOK WORLD, A TALKING sword :). I AM LAUGHING my butt OUT. I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE A VOTE ABOUT THE TALKING SWORD. OR ANOTHER IDEA, DO YOU GUYS THINK IT WOULD BE COOL IF WE COULD PLAY AS RAZIEL TRAP IN THE REAVER SWORD. THAT WOULD BE PRETTY PATHETIC BUT ATTRACTIVE TO MANY OF YOU GUYS RIGHT???? HA HA

bruce lee
ps how do you start a vote??

DJpick
19th Mar 2004, 06:24
ps how do you start a vote??
1. Come up with a better question.
2. Spell check it.
3. Post it as a poll.