PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] Question - Defiance ending

AndaPanda
17th Feb 2004, 02:49
Hello everyone,

I've finished Defiance some days ago and may I say I loved the game! The story is great and it did tie up some loose ends... Anyway, the question I have (sorry if it has been asked before or if it just sounds moronic, I'm known for being a moron every once in a while :o ) is:

When Raziel sacrifices himself at the end of Defiance, he tells Kain that he is healed of all corruption and that he would see the true enemy. I know it means Kain is finally enlightened, no longer believes in the Elder God as being the Wheel of Fate and all, but this thought crossed my mind: Could it also mean that by wielding the pure Reaver, Kain is healed of the corruption Nupraptor tainted him with from the moment of his birth? Could it mean that Kain no longer needs to sacrifice himself in order to restore the Balance pillar and that the "still turning coin" maybe finally landed on its edge?

I guess if that was the case, then Defiance could be the last game in the series, because Kain could create more vampires, thus bringing the vampire race back to life (like he said, "as long as one of us stands, we are legion"), the pillars would be restored and vampires could serve them once more?

I may be totally wrong, so if anyone could answer me and let me know if this is a viable theory, I'd really appreciate it :)

Thanks for reading this.

warpsavant
17th Feb 2004, 04:14
Well, maybe vampires have to start having sex and having babies like everybody else first. Plus he has to fix the Pillars, he needs a real good mason.

AndaPanda
17th Feb 2004, 04:47
Originally posted by warpsavant
Well, maybe vampires have to start having sex and having babies like everybody else first. Plus he has to fix the Pillars, he needs a real good mason.

Whatever?

My question really wasn't meant as a joke. Maybe it's just me, but when I heard Raziel saying all that "you're healed, free of corruption" and stuff, the first thing that popped to my mind was that maybe he was healed of more than just the blindness regarding the EG and the Wheel. Maybe you didn't think of that. Maybe no one else did. Maybe I'll delete this thread if everyone's going to answer like you did :(

van_HellSing PL
17th Feb 2004, 06:29
Actually, I thinkmost people here agree that by "corruption" Raz DID mean Nupraptor's shockwave.

DarkWraith
17th Feb 2004, 11:08
Its a really good point you make Andapanda and I would agree with you that it is Nupraptor's madness which is clensed from kain

I never really thought kain believed in the wheel of fate in the first place

DW

AndaPanda
18th Feb 2004, 01:29
Well I'm glad to see people can give serious answers too. Thanks. I guess I'm not a moron after all:confused: :o :D

warpsavant
18th Feb 2004, 02:56
Last I checked, the Pillars choose their Guardians from birth, and since vampires are not born 'normally' they will continue to pick humans as Guardians.

But, since the Pillars EXPLODED, its quite unclear if they will pick anyone ever again.

So, Kain creating more vampires is useless, IMO. They need to be born.

AndaPanda
18th Feb 2004, 03:32
Originally posted by warpsavant
Last I checked, the Pillars choose their Guardians from birth, and since vampires are not born 'normally' they will continue to pick humans as Guardians.

But, since the Pillars EXPLODED, its quite unclear if they will pick anyone ever again.

So, Kain creating more vampires is useless, IMO. They need to be born.

Mkay, could you like.. Not be rude? You have a point with your first paragraph, guess I just didn't think of that when I posted. No need to mock me though.
Secondly, last I checked, Kain was the last one to die in order for the Pillars to be RESTORED to their original state. Since he is (or may be) cured of Nupraptor's corruption, then I guess there's no need for him to die after all in order for the Pillars to pick beings to serve them.

Umah Bloodomen
18th Feb 2004, 04:35
That will be quite enough of that, please. Thanks.