PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] A question about Janos (need to have played BO2 to answer this really)

DarkWraith
16th Feb 2004, 16:52
Ok Defiance nicely tied up the lose end of how Janos came to be The Beast in BO2. But it didn't answer the million dollar question of what happened to Janos when he fell into the vortex at the end of BO2? Did he survive?

Thoughts? Opinions? General Forum banter?
All are welcome here.
DW

van_HellSing PL
16th Feb 2004, 16:55
I'm quite sure he's gonna pop up somewhere in the next game ;).

Omni_Sephiroth
17th Feb 2004, 01:57
I think he went to the hylden demention but hopefully he will come back in Defiance.

DarkWraith
17th Feb 2004, 10:59
I don't think its much of a spoiler to tell you that he does. I mean his pic is on the website.

The Angel of Death
24th Feb 2004, 12:05
i would say he survived cause he could have picked up a current or he was knocked out by the sarafan lord & just came back 2 bein consice b4 be could hit hte ground

ammon
24th Feb 2004, 17:22
I think, when they bring LoK6 out Janos might make an appearance.
But i think he might be "mutated" or look more Demon then his BO2 self - The Beast.
Because i you think on it: the Hlyden change into the Demons (atleast thats the impression D gives) so Janos will change into a Demon/vampire hybrid, or something like that.
The possibilities for Janos's "new looks" are endless! But i hope it's something with wings ;) (unlike Blood Omen 2)

But he will definitely have survived the plunge into the Demon Dimension. He could just flap his wings and avoid the ground, but if he's stuck there for a long time then he will "transform".

But this is just my view.

mortaniusgod
24th Feb 2004, 18:20
Originally posted by ammon

Because i you think on it:
All your bases are belong to us?

Laxely
24th Feb 2004, 19:10

But he will definitely have survived the plunge into the Demon Dimension. He could just flap his wings and avoid the ground, but if he's stuck there for a long time then he will "transform".

But this is just my view.

I was under the impression that the big bad Hylden lord broke Janos' wings before he cast him into the mist so sadly if there were any ground to hit after the fall Janos would be likely to become a very fine blue paste.

But I am sure he'll make a miraculous yet unexplained return like his ofspring Vorador.

Dan001
24th Feb 2004, 20:01
To be honest i really don't think that Janos part is played out, i mean he is the last of the original ancients. Besides Vorador died in BO so it isn't easy to think of something why he is still around, but Janos fell into another dimension. Did anyone see him die? so you can make up a lot of nice storylines to explain why he (and i hope he will) comes back in the 6th game without bringing someone back from the dead. If the Hylden still exist so can he.

ps. but untill then he'd better take on a low profile in the demon dimension with all the hylden in there. :)

ammon
25th Feb 2004, 16:12
mortaniusgod
Sorry, i meant IF "Because IF you think on it:" - i missed hitting a key :)
I was trying to imply if we all thought about it....and-so-on-and-so-forth.

Laxely
Really?
I thought the Hlyden General just grabbed him by the wings when Janos "lunged" at him.
Actually i don't think the SL/HL broke Janos's wings, because if he did it would have showen Janos in great pain but it didn't - so i don't think that happened.

But I am sure he'll make a miraculous yet unexplained return like his ofspring Vorador.
Yep.

Dan001
I agree with you there, i don't think Janos is finished with yet - i have a sneaking suspicion that theres more to Janos Audron then meets the eye and what we've already seen and learned of him.
Did you mean Vorador of BO2 or BO? Because BO2 as we've come to know is after Blood Omen and D is after SR2 and before BO and SR is after D and-phf It's all very confusing the LoK timeline:confused: *head spins* I try not to think about it (timeline) that way i can keep my sanity longer - what i have left of it :D
But Vorador doesn't die in BO2 he just gets knocked unconscious - you watch, he'll pop his head in in LoK6 ;)
But, yes, he did die in Blood Omen - head chopped-off but he still managed to stick his tongue out at the crowd (those who have see the cut-scene know what i mean :) )

so you can make up a lot of nice storylines to explain why he (and i hope he will) comes back in the 6th game
CD probably will ^.O

but untill then he'd better take on a low profile in the demon dimension with all the hylden in there. :)
Janos could always learn how to turn himself into a ball of gas :) certainly blend-in with the surrounding mist.
That's another thing, isn't it?
We haven't even seen the full force of Janos's powers yet.
I wish Crystal would do LoK6 so you can play as Janos as-well - being able to fly around and swoop down on your prey, it should be fantastic!

Lady Kreliana
25th Feb 2004, 17:09
I have to agree. I don't think we've seen the last of Janos. In my opinion, him being thrown into the demon realm is a setup for something yet to be seen.

Laxely
25th Feb 2004, 18:52
Whoops meant to say.

[B]mortaniusgod

[QUOTE]Actually i don't think the SL/HL broke Janos's wings, because if he did it would have showen Janos in great pain but it didn't - so i don't think that happened

Maybe so but if Janos was unscaved after his meeting with the HL then why in the name of all that is winged did he not right himself mid air and fly back up to aid Kain instead of shouting "NOOOOOOOOOOOO KAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiin" and falling into the misty green type stuff?

ammon
25th Feb 2004, 19:38
He probably hadn't recovered from the kick to the gut he got (althou from the angle of the camera it looked like he was kicked in the groin Ouch!)

van_HellSing PL
25th Feb 2004, 19:46
Yeah, I said that too, but they wouldn't listen. ;)

Solin
25th Feb 2004, 20:35
Its not that i dont like him but to be honest why do we need hi he knew bugger all about raziel and seemed to be a little confused to be honest and kept getting killed or possesed or having the crap kicked out of him, and is not needed in the story anymore.
But i still liked him maybe he will come back to avenge raziel is his sightless way and attack kain

card
25th Feb 2004, 21:14
i think he will come back, as a hylden lord maybe? as a very powerful and immortal hylden lord. the Sarafan Lord says 'let's see what it makes of you' and throws him in the vortex...

ammon
25th Feb 2004, 21:49
do remember that the Hlyden Lord also said "see what it has made of our once fair race"
so i think he was implying that Janos will return deformed, and it could be possible that he will get possessed by a Hlyden (he was very susceptible to this in D - but who knows, maybe it only works once and if it happens again he might beable to fight it and get it out of his system?)

Solin
as i said before, maybe he knows more then we think?
*chuckles*
what would happen if Janos was the real reason for all the disruptions of the timestream?
that he was the real Evil behind Nosgoth's dilemma?
and that Elder was in service to him?
what irony eh :)
the Good is Evil.
but i'm just babbling on :D

Laxely
27th Feb 2004, 18:41

Solin
as i said before, maybe he knows more then we think?
*chuckles*
what would happen if Janos was the real reason for all the disruptions of the timestream?
that he was the real Evil behind Nosgoth's dilemma?
and that Elder was in service to him?
what irony eh :)
the Good is Evil.
but i'm just babbling on :D

Maybe you have something there Ammon, who knows what effect the demon realm may have on Janos' appearence he may even return a touch larger and a little more tentacled than before! Maybe his time in the demon dimension will have given him a knack for spinning souls in circles if you get what I'm driving at.
If so it would be very ironic in the case of Moebius having worshipped El Squidpeice and it turns out he was a vampire all along.

Now that's a plot twist.

Smoky
28th Feb 2004, 06:14
Originally posted by Laxely
Maybe you have something there Ammon, who knows what effect the demon realm may have on Janos' appearence he may even return a touch larger and a little more tentacled than before! Maybe his time in the demon dimension will have given him a knack for spinning souls in circles if you get what I'm driving at.
If so it would be very ironic in the case of Moebius having worshipped El Squidpeice and it turns out he was a vampire all along.

Now that's a plot twist.

ok not man i don't think that right cuz time is basically immutable and janos died originally so him being the elder wouldn't make seance although it would be kool but wont work for the main story.

ok i know his part has not been finishd cuz i said this on a nother thread

kain was so hell bent to keep the hart from going back to Janos.that really doesn't make to much sense since he knew that he stopped the hylden lords plains in BO2.So we haven't been told something or Kain would not have been so crazed about it.even though Janos was trapped in the demon world thats not enough to get Kain so crazed.

you see what i mean

al the darkness
28th Feb 2004, 06:31
Originally posted by Smoky
ok not man i don't think that right cuz time is basically immutable and janos died originally so him being the elder wouldn't make seance although it would be kool but wont work for the main story.

ok i know his part has not been finishd cuz i said this on a nother thread

kain was so hell bent to keep the hart from going back to Janos.that really doesn't make to much sense since he knew that he stopped the hylden lords plains in BO2.So we haven't been told something or Kain would not have been so crazed about it.even though Janos was trapped in the demon world thats not enough to get Kain so crazed.

you see what i mean

yes i got your point...but the question is, i asked in another thread: will two heart of darkness make a paradox?

Smoky
28th Feb 2004, 06:40
you mean since janos jas it in him and so duz younger kain?

if so i dont think so

Zephon
28th Feb 2004, 07:39
Originally posted by van_HellSing PL
I'm quite sure he's gonna pop up somewhere in the next game ;).

if he doesn't, alot of people are gonna go on rampage,

not me though, don't like him

WraithStar
28th Feb 2004, 21:24
I do like Janos, but that's not why I think he'll come back. There are too many possibilities with him being sent to the Hylden dimension for the series to just forget about him. I get the feeling that Janos will be a key part of the next game. It's too much of a set up to ignore.