PDA

View Full Version : What about if.....

Nightmare Reaver
15th Feb 2004, 21:44
ID software and Cyrstal Dyamics made the NEXT LOK???

I really want to see the next Legacy of Kain in the Doom 3 engine

Lär
15th Feb 2004, 23:47
Ewwww, NO WAY!! The Doom3 engine looks nice, but you need mega hardware to run it. The Gex engine has evolved nicely, so I think they should stick with it.

Later! :D

Nightmare Reaver
16th Feb 2004, 00:18
But the Doom 3 engine looks alot better than the Gex engine ( just infact that Cystal Dymanics favorite Gecko "Gex" is nowhere to be seen these days and its time to move on to a better graphics system)

Jurjen
16th Feb 2004, 00:26
You need to keep in mind that the LOK series is a cross platform series, which also works on Xbox, and more importantly, on the PS2, which also is where most of the sales are... Restricting it to be only on highend PCs and with a mediocre framerate on the Xbox might not be such a great idea :)

Also technically, the Doom3 engine is most likely only really good in small enclosed indoor surroundings (small dark corridors, etc.) It's not likely to ever show you big outdoor environments like some of the LOKD areas.

blincoln
16th Feb 2004, 00:51
Yeah, I've seen the Doom 3 engine in action, and Jurjen is right. It's good for claustrophobic action/horror type of games, but not LoK.