PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] A Reaver For Your Thoughts..

MaximumMayhem
15th Feb 2004, 14:22
I dont know if what im about to type will sound like the worst garbage, because I'm not sure if this is overly obvious and Ive just noticed it.

After watching every teaser trailer of Defiance, I noticed there is a scene with Kain deflecting a flaming arrow with the Reaver. He appears to be in Autoface stance.

While mucking around with the new PC cheats (God bless!), I reminisced about the 'Wake Up' preview. You know what I found out?

You can block arrows! Its takes some real solid timing, but you have to attack with the Reaver just as they come in for you. Practice a little, and you'll see it with your own eyes!

Woohoo huh? Yeah, I thought so too ;)

Also, after mucking about with Toon Raz on a savegame of mine, there was a little glitch that occured after the scene with Kain confronting and killing Moebius. The floor was all spaced out looking (el Trippyo), and then after Raz's ultimate sacrifice, I was supposed to face off against the Elder God. That did happen for around 3 seconds. Then for some strange reason, the game loaded and I was teleported back to Avernus Cathedral. A really red, gloomy lookin Avernus. I dont remember seeing this in the game. Another thing too was the fact that Kain was equipped with the actual Soul Reaver. Strange huh? Ive got a screenshot plus the save file. Im just not web savvy enuff to host the image or the save file. If anyone can help me out in that regard, ill be happy to spread the visual word ;)

Thats my yabberin for now.

van_HellSing PL
15th Feb 2004, 14:44
I can host the pic for you, my email is van-hellsing@wp.pl :)

MaximumMayhem
15th Feb 2004, 15:16
Thanks very muchly!

Ive sent it to you along with the save file, and Ive also sent another email with a little surprise I was hoping to spring on everyone here earlier today (to no avail).

If you think it's worthy, lets unleash it upon these hallowed halls of textual congregation.

van_HellSing PL
15th Feb 2004, 15:44
Straight from MaximumMayhem:
Post-Elder Avernus (www.vanhellsing.webpark.pl/post_elder_avernus.jpg)!

And here the save files:

www.vanhellsing.webpark.pl/save000.dat
www.vanhellsing.webpark.pl/save001.dat
www.vanhellsing.webpark.pl/save002.dat

As a special bonus,

The (mis)adventures of Vehiculum Furtus Maximo Kain!

Within the depths of the Sarafan Stronghold, VFM Kain had wandered into
a trap that was unlike any, he had ever come across..

1."Locked! What a love of doors these pathetic humans have..." (www.vanhellsing.webpark.pl/bad_hair_day_01.jpg)

2."This door was obviously of Sarafan origin; created to react
negatively to vampiric presence. Without a doubt, Moebius had planned
for me to come across it..." (www.vanhellsing.webpark.pl/bad_hair_day_02.jpg)

3."Destiny can wait. Under no circumstance will I cut my hair. By my
noble scalp; Balance must prevail!" (www.vanhellsing.webpark.pl/bad_hair_day_03.jpg)

4."Day 3 - Although I have gotten somewhat closer to my goal; I have
the feeling the edge of the coin is rustier than I imagined." (www.vanhellsing.webpark.pl/bad_hair_day_04.jpg)

Is this great, or what?! :D

Jeffers
15th Feb 2004, 16:38
LOL.

I love the captions you have put with those links. :D

Jeffers

van_HellSing PL
15th Feb 2004, 16:48
NOTE: the captions are also by MaximumMayhem

Mysterious stuff there with that cathedral, the save file says "chapter 15"... Now this is something blincoln should investigate, dontcha think?

WraithStar
16th Feb 2004, 00:58
For me at least, it skipped chapters 13 and 14 on the save list. The last level was always called ch15, even without cheats. I think that the patch was supposed to fix this.

MaximumMayhem
16th Feb 2004, 01:38
Double yay! A heeeuuuuuuuuuge thanks to Mr Hellsing, you've done a great job.

Take note of the swaying angels to the right and left of the main altar. Its like they're attached to strings?

Its a pity the little warp gate wont let you through it.

Perhaps this states there was more for Kain to do after the final battle with Eldy?

Dont we all wish :)

a74gh83
16th Feb 2004, 02:25
If u have good enough timing, u can stop arrows mid flight with ur tk. i'm not sure if this is what u meant cause u mentioned blocking them with the reaver?

Soul Reaver
16th Feb 2004, 19:14
Yes... That Avernus was nice... I tried the infinite Reaver code and guess what... it works! The Soul Reaver fully powered and I used the Reaver spell too! The sound is fantastic... I checked the level in wireframe and noted that there was a fairly large area behind the altar... but that could have been the earth forge... ahh...

Thanks for the save!

MaximumMayhem
17th Feb 2004, 11:00
Very interesting stuff eh? Happy to oblige. :D

This wouldnt have been possible without van Hellsing's help. Thanks again.

Who knows what kind of setting that was planned to be? Perhaps a Kain vs Hash Janos battle?

Perhaps its for the better ;)

Camus Audron
20th Feb 2004, 02:16
wel...that certainly looks a lot more like the pre-release screenshots of avernus...I wonder what they cut out =/

BTW, what can you do once you are there?....any doors to open?

MaximumMayhem
21st Feb 2004, 08:34
Unfortunately nudda. There is a warp gate on the right side of the room, but you cant phase into it.

van_HellSing PL
21st Feb 2004, 09:03
I'm still waiting for blinc to investigate =)