PDA

View Full Version : how does Kain's sword stick to his back??

kongg
15th Feb 2004, 03:46
I did not notice any sheath. Maybe the sword blade is magnetised and sticks to Kain's body???

Kain_of_Nosgoth
15th Feb 2004, 04:43
He's got a big magnet implanted in his back. :D

Dogfight
15th Feb 2004, 05:56
I always supposed Kain put the Blood Reaver through the harnass on his back and it was tight enough to hold it in place.

Then again it probably is just some form of telekinesis or Vampiric magic that holds it in place.

evil_sharkey
16th Feb 2004, 06:49
Hey! What's wrong with using magnets to hold stuff on? I used to carry my hammer with a rare-earth magnet in my pocket in Geology class... until I got myself stuck to a great, big end-loader while it was moving. Sadly, that's actually true.

Seriously, Kain only really needs a little buckle or something on his shoulder to slip the sword through to keep it from falling off. The only disadvantage would be the blade smacking him in the backside when he runs. I'll have to play again to check that out.

moose562
16th Feb 2004, 12:17
well we know the blade is vampiric so maybe it just sinks its teeth into kains back

moose562
16th Feb 2004, 12:19
Originally posted by evil_sharkey
The only disadvantage would be the blade smacking him in the backside when he runs.

perhaps kain doesn't see that as a disadvantage ;) lol

i still see nosgoth as this boiling pot of sexual tension!

Kain_of_Nosgoth
16th Feb 2004, 12:24
Maybe that would explain the war between the Ancients and the Hylden. They couldn't agree on where to have the orgy. ;D

moose562
16th Feb 2004, 12:25
LOL! Yes, perhaps.

I won't even go there with the role of the Elder God!

van_HellSing PL
16th Feb 2004, 12:36
I'd advise you not to stretch it, as the TOU state:

...sexually suggestive discussions are not acceptable to our community.

But lol, it IS funny :D

Zephon
16th Feb 2004, 12:52
why does raziels stay on his arm?

it needs a host to feed it & drain to keep up its strength.

either that or he has carved a sheath into the skin on his back:eek:

Zephon
16th Feb 2004, 15:44
here check

http://www.thelostworlds.net/3in3Images/SR3-3in3-Pillars-01.JPG

yep a buckle

JJheadcharge
16th Feb 2004, 17:57
or maybe they didnt feel like wasting time with creating an actual sheath and just made it so it stays there on its own. its no big secret or some weird vampiric magic. they just didnt have the time or just didnt feel it necessary to pay attention to a little detail like that.

garbagefanuk
16th Feb 2004, 18:56
We're all aware why they never actually put one on, but u know... a little humor goes along way on here

van_HellSing PL
16th Feb 2004, 19:05
Ha! I've got an explanation:

Kain just uses his telekinetic powers!!!

:D :D :D

evil_sharkey
16th Feb 2004, 19:39
It's a good thing they didn't make a scabbard for the blade. Otherwise, Kain would have to wipe off the blade every time he put it back in the cold weather so it wouldn't freeze and get stuck. Sure, it can drink the blood, but that's not the only sticky fluid people are made of. Hmm. Maybe that's how it sticks. It's glued on with half-dried people goop. Eew.

JJheadcharge
18th Feb 2004, 23:42
Originally posted by garbagefanuk
We're all aware why they never actually put one on, but u know... a little humor goes along way on here

you guys got a weird sense of humor.........and i like it.....

WraithStar
19th Feb 2004, 03:31
Yeah, this is quite funny. When I was playing the game, I thought he was just using his TK to hold it there, like in BO2 when he makes weapons stick to his leg. I like the, um, "glue" explanation, though;)