PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] Which do you think of?

ammon
14th Feb 2004, 21:14
(knowing my luck, someone's already done this - so i'm sorry for repeating *sulks* )

When ever someone mentions the name Janos Audron
i immediately think of the SR2 version.
Although i think the BO2 version looks cute and almost childish (in some of the screenshots you can find floating around the Net)
And his Defiance model has a gorgeous mouth and the cutest fangs ever seen ;)
i prefer the SR2 looks as it's the first one you're introduced to and the voice suits the looks (cultured, patient, fatherly, someone you could spend eternity drooling over :D , honest and friendly :) )
And i do love his 'Possessed' version but its the SR2 one i love the most :)

but this is just my opinion, what do you think?

EDIT: I almost forgot to tell you that, you can vote more then one on the poll as i know some people might have difficulty in deciding which ones they love the best ;)
Sorry WraithStar if this has made you go " *chucks hands in air* 'Now you tell me!'" Very Sorry! *begs*

WraithStar
14th Feb 2004, 21:21
Since Blood Omen 2 was the first one in the series that I managed to get a hold of, it's the first place I've ever seen Janos. Therefore, that's the image I have of him when I'm not actually playing another game. And yes, I think he is very cute in Blood Omen 2:D .

EDIT: It's all right. I figured from the boxes that I could check more than one (when you can only check one, it has circles). I like Janos everywhere, but it really is the Blood Omen 2 version I think of when I'm not looking at a picture of him from somewhere else.

van_HellSing PL
14th Feb 2004, 21:33
I vote for Defiance, his wings in BO2 were awesome though.

It's an obssession
15th Feb 2004, 17:19
I'd hafta say BO2 - that was where I first saw him. But, he DOES look better in SR2.

SanguinSarafim
15th Feb 2004, 22:46
The one in SR2 was the first one i saw and i think that version is the best. I like his hair and his facial expresion more.

The Angel of Death
16th Feb 2004, 05:21
i would have 2 say sr2

Kuroryu
16th Feb 2004, 12:31
SR2 was when I saw Janos first, and that's probably when he looked best.

If you're going on the 'cool' factor though, it's got to be once a certain event has taken place. His wings are amazing then.

van_HellSing PL
16th Feb 2004, 12:39
Actually, the SR2 Janos dissapointed me a bit when I saw him the first time...

ammon
16th Feb 2004, 15:11
I'm popular :D

van_HellSing PL , Kuroryu
since you both mentioned Janos's wings, i would like to say this -
If this was a poll on his wings i would vote for Possessed.
In SR2 they were kindda stiff (what am i typing, they were stiff :) ) so you didn't really take much notice of them after you've seen them for the first time.
BO2 was great because they moved, a-bit disappointing because they did the same movements in a loop...and you have to admit, they looked slightly scruffy - needed a good grooming, Volunteers please raise your hands ^.0 :)
Defiance was better then SR2 because they weren't stiff but BO2 takes over with the fact that it had more action then D
But Defiance Possessed would have to be the best of the bunch - everyone on the Forum has to admit that we've all imagined Janos flying and Possessed fulfils this fantasy with smooth and realist animation ...add that has wings have colour (lovely fiery colour, i love those wings! *drools*) instead of being the dull grey/black/brown that we've come to know.
So the colour is a welcome change to his looks (well, i think it is.)

van_HellSing PL
16th Feb 2004, 15:18
Yup, have to admit those "posessed" wings were damn cool. And, I like winged bosses in general, even if they're only one-winged (anyone catch my drift? ;)).

Kain's Ancient Blade
16th Feb 2004, 16:04
I went with Soul Reaver 2. When you walk into Janos' reatreat and see him for the first time, I was like wow. He was a new character and he sounded so cool. And I was so excited to meet him. But I was all happy and depressed when I resurrected him in Defiance. Happy to hear what he had to say, and depressed because at first I thought it cost Kain his life.

Legacy of Kain. My anti-drug.

DarkWraith
16th Feb 2004, 16:45
BO2 is the first time i ever saw him and thats the image thats stuck. He's a brilliant character though.

DW

AndaPanda
16th Feb 2004, 22:24
I first saw Janos in SR2, so that's the picture I see in my head when I hear his name. He looked cool in BO2 as well, even cooler (I think) in Defiance, so, since I was able to tick multiple boxes, I chose SR2 and Defiance. I also love his voice (well, Rene Auberjonois' lol), and that line of his:

"then, you will not return"
is one of my favorites in the game :D

kakarot
17th Feb 2004, 01:25
SR2 Janos owns..

"Unholy? -no. Messiah... Perhaps. "

ammon
17th Feb 2004, 19:06
Evening kiddies :D

I really have no favourite line that Janos says.
I think Rene Auberjonois's voice is amazing in it's own right....Almost hypnotic and soothing..You immediately fall in love with that voice, it's like Simon Templeman's and Tony Jay's: it's powerful! (although i don't think anyone's fallen in love with 'The Squid' yet :) or have you? o.O)
*chuckles* At one time, i was doing a story on the comp and i had my 'Cut-Scenes' tape running (i kindda have a habit of recording the LoK cut-scenes on video *shrugs*)
and it had come to the part, on SR2, where Raz meets Janos and when Janos sezs the line
"I fear you have been followed"
i suddenly took notice of what i was typing, re-read what i had done and had found that i had been typing the speach of Rene's character :)
That's how powerful i think Janos's voice is.
A voice that grabs you and captures your heart, so if anything bad happens to that character your 'there' - feeling the pain.

van_HellSing PL
Sorry i didn't get it.
I haven't encountered any one-winged bosses, but you have got to love the HUGE wings of Mundus (or was it Mundas?) from Devil May Cry.

Hey, can anyone here tell me the exact words from the trailer from legacyofkain.com? (the ones that come-up on screen - all i can remember is the 'Releash your inner evil' bit: i have tried downloading it but it keeps on sticking and skipping, so if anyone can tell me i'd be really grateful :) Thanks :D )

DarkWraith
17th Feb 2004, 19:16
Well on the UK one it says unleash your vengance

does that help?

DW

van_HellSing PL
17th Feb 2004, 19:16
van_HellSing PL
Sorry i didn't get it.
I haven't encountered any one-winged bosses Ah, I meant Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII :D

WraithStar
17th Feb 2004, 22:04
Here is a transcript for the only trailer I saw that had any real words in it (besides the "Wake up" song trailer). All text displayed on the screen was in capital letters.

Text: The Legacy Continues
What if the one person who could save you
(Ariel's voice) "You must unite what has been set asunder"
Text: Was the only one who could destroy you?
(Elder God's voice) "You know what must be done, Kain"
Text: Divided by common enemies
(Kain's voice) "There is much more at stake in this than you know"
(Raziel's voice) "I refuse to do your will"
Text: Two legendary heroes
(Kain's voice) "At your every fatal turn you will find me"
(Raziel's voice) "I will not be your prisoner"
Text: "Must fight..."
(Moebius' voice)"You must learn the truth for yourself"
Text: To reclaim their destiny
Text: From the wreckage of history
(Moebius' voice)"You know nothing"
(Elder God's voice) "Surrender, Raziel"
(Kain's voice) "Let us continue our conversation, but on a somewhat different footing."
(Kain's voice) "If this will make you see reason..."
Text: Redeemer
(Raziel's voice) "Now we finish this, once and for all"
Text: Destroyer
Text: ...Only one may survive
Text: Legacy of Kain: Defiance Unleash your vengeance"

ammon
18th Feb 2004, 00:11
Thank you WraithStar *huggles WS* :D

van_HellSing PL
I'm not much of a FF player, in-fact the only RPG i've played and liked is Legend of the Dragoon (which i'm stuck on :) )

And thank you DarkWraith but that wasn't what i meant :)

ammon
24th Feb 2004, 17:04
SanguinSarafim - I like his hair and his facial expresion more.
No arguing there!
SR2's Janos facial expressions are still the best of the bunch - and althou i mentioned before that i like D Janos's mouth and fangs *go's all soft* ooh! Look at the liddle fangs, their sooooo cute!!! ^.^
I don't like the rest of his face, but its okay at a distance.
(And who else agrees with me that because of the way they animated his eyes, he looks sleepy.
And i think thats another thing they SHOULD NOT have changed - his eyes: CD should have left them golden, like SR2.)
BO2 again cute but what happened to his eyebrows? Where did they go? :) And his teeth!! GOD! Talk about blinding :D

BO2 Janos: *pulls-out tube of toothpaste* Mcleans Extra Whitening. For that Extra ping *smiles "ping"*

When i think about it, i'm kindda torn on his hair - torn between SR2 and Defiance, but i think i'm leaning more to D then Soul Reaver 2.

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
24th Feb 2004, 18:42
i know this is about vorador not janos, but did anyone find it annoying when he was talking to raziel (for the first time in defiance) that he just looked to the left, and not AT raziel?

if i was raz i would have held the reaver to him and said "look at me when you talk, greeny!!";)

Darkmaster
25th Feb 2004, 11:24
I first played SR2 so that's the image of Janos that pops into my head.He was good in BO2 but at one scene,I forget which I think it was when he fights the Hylden Lord, if you look carefully you'll see a bit of his hair sticking up,it was kinda funny.

hippiechk
25th Feb 2004, 14:04
When I hear or read the name Janos, first thing I think of is SR2. Because playing that was the first time I saw him.

He did look cool in Defiance, both normal and possessed. But it's just not what I think of first.

Janos also reminds me (mildly) of the fatherly Marius of the Vampire Chronicles. Is it just me?

Dan001
25th Feb 2004, 15:29
it's been a while since i played soulreaver 2, and i am suprised to read that sr2 janos and defiance janos don't look the same. can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two. i really can't remember the sr 2 Janos anymore.

ammon
25th Feb 2004, 15:37
Yautjatraker/Albatraous - i know this is about vorador not janos, but did anyone find it annoying when he was talking to raziel (for the first time in defiance) that he just looked to the left, and not AT raziel?
I didn't really notice.
All i kept-on thinking was "What have they done to you?" (meaning Vorador's looks, poor git :)
They've certainly made him older.)

Yautjatraker/Albatraous - if i was raz i would have held the reaver to him and said "look at me when you talk, greeny!!" :)
*laughs* Iwould love to have seen that as an out-take :)
And i want to thank you for giving me inspiration for a new picture. ;)

Darkmaster - I first played SR2 so that's the image of Janos that pops into my head.He was good in BO2 but at one scene,I forget which I think it was when he fights the Hylden Lord, if you look carefully you'll see a bit of his hair sticking up,it was kinda funny.
I haven't seen that, i'll have to look more carefully next time i play.
The only scene i can think of at the moment is the one where Kain has posioned The Mass and Janos is raising to his feet - if you watch his hair kindda freezes in the air for a moment before it drops.
I thought that was funny because he looked like he had been electrocuted or there was a very strong back-draft :)
Who else thinks that because of the way he stands (Janos in BO2) he looks like he's fallen asleep on his feet?
(If you're not sure what i'm talking about - watch "The posion of The Mass" cut-scene from where Janos teleports Kain and himself to Sanctuary, you should see what i'm dribbling-on about. :) )

hippiechk - Janos also reminds me (mildly) of the fatherly Marius of the Vampire Chronicles. Is it just me?
No, it's not just you.
There is a similarity between both characters - it's like they both have a heavy burden weighing on their hearts, a dark secret that they want to tell but can't: know what i mean?
...Put the other Janos Audron's out of your mind (Blood Omen 2 and Defiance do not exist) and just think of the Soul Reaver 2 version.
He's (Janos) sad, lonely, he wants companionship; sure he has Vorador, but you seem to get the impression that Vorador doesn't see his sire that often. And Janos can't leave because of his obligation.
Where Marius's was Those Who Must Be Kept, Janos's is The Reaver.
So you can definitely see a similarity, i bet you could actually swap the characters of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles with that of Legacy of Kain and get away with it (for Fanfiction purposes i mean :) )
Only i'm having trouble seeing who would take Lestat's place, i don't think Raziel would fit the bill...

ammon
25th Feb 2004, 18:32
Dan001 it's been a while since i played soulreaver 2, and i am suprised to read that sr2 janos and defiance janos don't look the same. can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two. i really can't remember the sr 2 Janos anymore.
1) The clothes
2) Hair (SR2's is how can i say this? Square, almost square at the top where-as D's looks...what would you call that? Kinnda dried rats-tails?
SR2 had grey streaks at the side of his temples while D had the grey parts on his fringe round down the sides and fading-off at the back of his head)
3) Skin (believe it or not, SR2 had a kind-of light-grey tint to the blue, D's blue is lighter almost slightly pastal blue (and i thought BO2 was too blue :) ))
4) The Wings (perhaps the biggest noticeable change besides his clothes)
5) The Voice (Yes, this is another one you might not believe but the voice is diffirent even thou it's the same voice actor (Rene Auberjonois) there is a change to it if you listern carefully)

This is all i can remember off-the-top-of-my-head, does it help?

EDIT: 6) fangs (SR2 longer then D)
7) face
8) the scars on his arms seem to be missing

van_HellSing PL
I have to say sorry to you (i felt like i was arguing with you on Questions for the Creators and have to say sorry for it.)
It's just i haven't read any Q&A's (i can never seem to find the time to read those on the Net and i haven't had any magazines (if any have done it) since july 03, so i get all of my answers from the games themselves and if their not answered within the games... you see my point.
but as i said i am allowed my own point-of-view.
and the reason i'm apologising here is you're more likely to read it here then there. :)
Forgive me?

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
26th Feb 2004, 15:08
ammon, i would love to see that picture you have done about my raziel/vorador comment.

also, i thought the model of vorador was stunning (as i have said MANY times before, just i feel it has to be said ;) )

i did like the model of janos more in defiance though, he looked wiser than before. and i really didnt like much of the modelling in BO2.

ammon
26th Feb 2004, 17:26
Yautjatraker/Albatraous
Sure ^.^
as soon as i put it up i'll give you the web address.

Which Vorador?
BO i like the best
SR2 comes in a close second
BO2 :confused: uuuha...slightly okay, and is it me or because of his clothes his bum looks big (don't laugh :D )
D sorry not to my likein', he looks too old for my tastes.

When i first saw Janos in BO2 i started laughing because i couldn't believe his looks, but the more i played the game over and over again i partially began to like him; so i can half agree with you there.
But Defiance, nah, wings yeah but rest: nope. Not for me.
It will always be SR2 Janos for me :)

And, can i ask you -
What is that creature facing Kain?
It looks like Sonic trying to impersonate Raziel? o.O

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
26th Feb 2004, 18:18
the creature is my atempt in photoshop to create my Albatraous character (powerful knight demi-god type creature)
i do agree with you, it does look a bit odd. though it is sorta meant to look like a predator (my name "Yautjatraker", the word "yautja" is the name of the predator race, me a geek:D)

vorador in defiance i meant, and he may look older, but i just was very impressed by the ammount of effort put in to making him look more lifelike. better than the humans in unreal2 anyway;) :D

ammon
26th Feb 2004, 23:58
the pic is up on myyrrhn.deviantart.com/gallery/ if you want to have a look.
it's not very good, so get your barf-bag at the ready :)

what happened to your "scon and muffin" phrase?

no you're not a geek - just a unique individual: like everyone else :)

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
27th Feb 2004, 19:11
i love the pic, had me laughing for ages. the expression you put on vorador's face is perfect really;)

i changed the phrase from "scone and muffin" to "off for a pint", as i thought it was funnier.

plus, double meaning, is kain off for a pint of best? or a pint of blood? who knows?

ammon
29th Feb 2004, 21:14
thank you! ^.^
if you go back and have another look, i think you'll find the recent ones more amusing :D

kain's off for a blood ale with a splash of massacre on the side:)
and i want to thank you here for giving me another inspiration that i'm going to dedicate to you! thanks :D

EDIT: can anyone tell me how to stick a pic up in this thread? i've got something i want to show you guys :) (if it's not already been showen?)