PDA

View Full Version : Is that it?

Elidis BloodVengance
14th Feb 2004, 20:47
Im a bit disapointed in the amount of time it too me to pay the game. i got it on the 9th and completed it on the 14th of feb. im not having a go im just saying there could have been a more in depth story line. Also Kain dosent do much most of it is to do with Raziel. After i compleated the game the secreat stuff wasnt all i thought it was gonner be cracked up to be. if any one know on how to make the game more intressting then plz tell.

p.s. i compleated the game in about 7hours and got all the tombs and hp talismens

ziada
14th Feb 2004, 21:00
damn, u were either really good at it, or u used a walkthrough. the game took me at least 20 hours to beat, and the only place i got stuck was voradors mansion.

WraithStar
14th Feb 2004, 21:17
Since you're in England, I assume you have the European version of the game, so the cheats should work even on PC (I don't know which platform you have). I haven't used the cheats yet, but I hear they are really cool, especially the toon cheats and the cardboard tube reaver cheat.

It's my theory that Defiance was more Raziel oriented because the next game will feature Kain alone.

Soul Reaver
14th Feb 2004, 21:25
Took me about ten hours or so... But I explored everything, stopped sometimes to think about the plot and to enjoy the WONDERFUL surroundings :D

I think the game is just great... And it does have some replay value :p

Basically I think that this game is meant as a prelude to the final blast... Like silence before te storm...

blincoln
14th Feb 2004, 21:26
It took me about 14 hours the first time I played through. That's plenty long enough for a modern action/adventure game.

Metroid Zero Mission, by comparison, took me about four hours the first time through.

Jeffers
14th Feb 2004, 22:46
I think it took me about 24 hours the first time I played it. But I didn't play it constantly. Had to many interuptions to do that. :(

Jeffers

Apocrypha Roxy
15th Feb 2004, 02:03
If you 'marathon' it, on average it should take you 14-16 hours. I played in the space of 2 days, because sleep is required for my existance lest I become disgruntled and snarl at innocent people. ;) So I figure my time would be 16 hrs + change.

7 hours? Your first run? All Health/TK talismans and Arcane Runes?
Did you fight every single adversary? Did you use invincibility/health cheats?

Not possible. Just... not possible. :p Unless you've been reading all the spoilers since the November release...

Gah... :eek:

Elidis BloodVengance
15th Feb 2004, 11:35
i didnt use any cheats or walk throughs i just found the puzzuls easy the place i got stuck was voradors mansion that took me 3hours to do lol but i didny know there where cheats and i didnt bother to look for them lol i did do it in 7 hours so what do u have to say to that :p

van_HellSing PL
15th Feb 2004, 11:38
Then u must be some friggin cyborg ;)

Elidis BloodVengance
15th Feb 2004, 16:20
hehe good for me then hehe :D

Apocrypha Roxy
15th Feb 2004, 17:12
Originally posted by Elidis BloodVengance
i didnt use any cheats or walk throughs i just found the puzzuls easy the place i got stuck was voradors mansion that took me 3hours to do lol but i didny know there where cheats and i didnt bother to look for them lol i did do it in 7 hours so what do u have to say to that :p

Then you're a refreshing change from the swarms of players who complain "Oh, this game is so hard; Oh, this puzzle is impossible; Oh, I can't get past this boss; Oh, this game sucks!"
Thank goodness. ;)
Check out the cheats - cartoon mode, Tube Reaver (a good one), etc. Good for a laugh and goofy fun.

Cyborg...

zero01
16th Feb 2004, 19:36
Elidis BloodVengance ,
you hit the nail on the head, this game was too short, sweet, but short. and Blincon, at may be true most action games on average do put out about that much time, but we coulda' used more.

Black Wraith
16th Feb 2004, 19:58
Since it takes me a very short time to figure out things in games like this, it only took me 3 hours to beat Defiance the first time (w/o all the cinematics) and a whole 1 hour 50 minutes the second time. it took me only an hour to beat all the Resident Evil games and the Devil May Cry games. I think the one game that took me the longest to beat ('cause I was tryin' to get everything in it) was Kingdom Hearts. 2nd was Jak II. I have no problem with short games honestly, as long as they have good storylines.

van_HellSing PL
16th Feb 2004, 20:01
I have no problem with short games honestly, as long as they have good storylines. All of which you skip, lol :p

kakarot
17th Feb 2004, 05:47
7hrs??? 3hrs??? I guess I just take my time and enjoy the game far more than you do..