PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] Defiance's Sequel?

It's an obssession
13th Feb 2004, 21:40
OK, I'm confused.WILL there be a sequel to Defiance? If so please, SOMEBODY, agree with me that it plays the same way as SR2 and that Raziel DOES come back!!!! It'd be cool if he came back as the way he was BEFORE he was "executed". Anyone agree?

theextremepiercing
13th Feb 2004, 21:55
Sigh.

Look, Soul Reaver 2 had a great story but as a game it was very tedious, and that's not just my opinion, I reckon if you read any review you'll find that that's how most people feel. Crystal Dynamics put a huge amount of effort into the combat system for Defiance, and I think you should appreciate that. As well as having a good story, Defiance is a cracking game to play, and as a result it has attracted non-fans of the Legacy.
To all those people who complain that you cannot improvise weaponry in Defiance: What other LOK game allowed you to punish enemies in mid-air? What other LOK game allowed you to sent entire legions of enemies plummeting to their deaths JUST BY THINKING ABOUT IT? I don't mean to pick on you individually, It's An Obsession, but I'm just baffled by some peoples' irrational fear of change and experimentation. In my humble opinion, every change in Defiance is an improvement, and every omission made simply makes the game leaner and more focussed. If you think it is so important that Kain or Raziel or whoever can pick up every sword, spear, torch and twig lying around, then PLAY SOUL REAVER 2.

van_HellSing PL
13th Feb 2004, 21:58
Returning to SR2 gameplay - no.

Playing as lieutenant Raziel - HELL YEAH!!!

WraithStar
14th Feb 2004, 01:56
Somewhere, I believe Chris said that the next LOK game is already in the works, but no details yet. I think.

evil_sharkey
14th Feb 2004, 02:31
If they decide to make a game (or part of one) where you can play as Lt. Raziel, they ought to give it a rotate-around-character type camera like in Prince of Persia so we ladies can, uh, admire the view.:D

Enihcam
14th Feb 2004, 04:35
Let's just say for a moment that instead of focusing on the "it'd be cool"'s we look at the real core of the story. You have to think about it logically. I don't know about anyone else but I'm interested in seeing the fate of Nosgoth. I want to know the answers to the few questions we have left that Defiance didn't cover. And most importantly, I want to know what happens to Kain. I have just the slightest hunch that this will be the direction for the next game :D

JJheadcharge
14th Feb 2004, 17:33
defenitely. im not necessarily tired of loose endings like just about every game in the series but i am a little agitated. i keep getting the impression that the creators of the game are trying to leave it open so someone else can take it farther. yet they are doing such a good job with it. why? just end it on a good note. i know they can make an excellent story out of this and i think they need to wrap it up.

warpsavant
14th Feb 2004, 17:43
Originally posted by Enihcam
I want to know the answers to the few questions we have left that Defiance didn't cover.

A few?

WraithStar
14th Feb 2004, 18:30
1. How was Vorador resurrected?
2. Where did the Elder God come from?
3. What happened to Janos after he fell into the Hylden dimension?
4. How did Kain find the Soul Reaver in Blood Omen 1 if evolved Kain has it now?
5. How did Turel get into Avernus in the Blood Omen 1 era?
6. What exactly is Raziel's fate?
7. How will Kain deal with the Hylden and the Elder God?

Elidis BloodVengance
14th Feb 2004, 20:39
Edios should not be so hastey to make a new sequal because i had a brainwave. What if Edios made a online LOK game where you are a vampire and train up become stronger make weapons and confront deadly oposistions. this would be quite effective and many people would buy it thought it would take probaly 2 years to make :eek: . Now this may not look good to most people but its a good idea to think about if you would like to see this happen plaz post here and maby edios might think bout it? who knows but this could be the next game for LOK serise :D

van_HellSing PL
14th Feb 2004, 20:45
Personally, I don't think that LoK is a suitable setting for a mmorpg - too much time travel & paradoxes, too little space for players.

It's an obssession
14th Feb 2004, 20:49
Hey, extremepiercing, I'm sorry. :( I agree with you but I just didn't mention it. Defiance IS a good game - it came out in my area on a friday, I completed it on the saturday. That PROVES that I LOVE the game. There's nothing bad about it at all, it's just that I loved the style in SR2. Sorry if I pissed you off.

Raptor666
14th Feb 2004, 20:58
Don't think I could stand playing with Soul Reaver 2's gameplay style now, after killing a few enemies I mostly just found myself running between story points as battle was all the same and there was nothing else to do.

With Defiance of course it's a whole other matter. I can spend a good while in each fight going over the top will all the moves :D. I think it's great to see how many moves you can chain off before you hit the ground. Bounce em once or twice, 3-hit combo them to belt them away then TK them all the way back again for another bounce or two :D. I hope the engine is improved for the next game but mostly stays with the same style.

It's an obssession
14th Feb 2004, 21:10
Yeah, those combos so kick butt! I hope the CD don't make the sequel an RPG. Defiance is my favourite game so far - I'd die if the next one is an RPG!

WraithStar
14th Feb 2004, 21:12
Just show your friend the "Who do you think is sexy in Nosgoth?" thread in the LOK community chat forum and you are sure to win the bet:D

Someone also has a poll "Are you a boy or girl?" and about 1/3 of the people said girl.

van_HellSing PL
14th Feb 2004, 21:17
For info on LoK fangirls check also: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31212

-more than 33% users of this forum are girls! :D

It's an obssession
14th Feb 2004, 21:21
HA HA HA! I'm now £10 richer!!!!!! :D

WraithStar
14th Feb 2004, 21:56
You realize that 1/3 goes to me and 1/3 goes to van_HellSing PL?:rolleyes: (I'm joking, of course. Glad you won.)

LauraOrganaSolo
14th Feb 2004, 22:01
4. How did Kain find the Soul Reaver in Blood Omen 1 if evolved Kain has it now?
4. This has been discussed to death already.
5. This is easily inferred. We've got a Guardian that can manipulate time, a Guardian that can dance around in various other dimensions, what else do you need? If that's not enough, check Ben's Q&A with Amy Hennig (http://www.thelostworlds.net/Defiance-Amy.HTML) and his Q&A with en Fern√°ndez, Richard Lemarchand, and Kyle Mannerberg. (http://www.thelostworlds.net/Defiance-JenRichardKyle.HTML)
6. Imprisonment in the Reaver. See above links.

An online LoK game would cost too much money and LoK doesn't have a large enough audience.

Jeffers
14th Feb 2004, 22:48
Mobious leaves the Soul Reaver for Kain to find in Blood Omen 1. he then goes after the Nemesis(aka William the Just) at which point the time streaming device activates sending him back in time to before William the Just became the Nemesis. You know the rest. It's set in stone in history. ;)

Jeffers

Enihcam
15th Feb 2004, 00:17
Ugh...I think MMORPGs are just about the worst games there are :rolleyes: They're all the same and take WAY to much of your time. I know a guy that switched to the graveyard shift just so he would have more time to play his MMOG during the day. Even leaving that aside, I agree with van_Hellsing that it wouldn't make a good online game.

WraithStar
15th Feb 2004, 00:27
My questions 4,5, and 6 can be inferred, but I've seen quite a debate over them in some threads and it would be good to have a clear answer directly in the next game.

Apocrypha Roxy
15th Feb 2004, 01:56
Sequel in the works? Yes.
Online RPG thingy? HECK NO. The thought of doing that to the series is perverse. :p

I'm still rooting for VFM and a Tekken-style game, just for kicks. :)

BTW I'm back. :rolleyes:

Elidis BloodVengance
15th Feb 2004, 11:41
i wasnt goig on about rpging for LOK i was going on about a game style like Jedi Knight Jedi knight Acadamey. (hopefuly some one has played it) if u know what i going on about plz message here.

Jeffers
15th Feb 2004, 13:21
Originally posted by WraithStar
My questions 4,5, and 6 can be inferred, but I've seen quite a debate over them in some threads and it would be good to have a clear answer directly in the next game.

The way I interprate the games, those questions have been answered clearly. Must just be me.

Jeffers

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
15th Feb 2004, 13:57
propbably a bit off topic, but the only way they should bring raziel back is in flashback cutscenes of the past, with raziel as Lt raziel, fans would love seeing raziel in his vampire form, it would add some more characterisation to kain and his sons, and could be quite cool.

maybe even show a few plot answers in this way, dont know how, but they probably could find a way.

It's an obssession
15th Feb 2004, 17:10
I totally agree - you make more sense than I ever could. I'm not very good at typing my feelings, and someone actually thought I was DISSING Defiance. Ah, who cares. Anyway, back to the subject - maybe they should let you play as Raziel in "flashbacks". That would be so great, but it would also be nice if he could "escape" the Reaver.....think about it - it would be a fantastic ending.

InsaneScorpion331
15th Feb 2004, 17:36
Its An Obssession, if Raziel escaped his fate of going into the reaver, it would cheapen his sacrafice, i was pretty much the first to say that and stick with it till this day and beyond. I also belive "playing" as Raziel would be too much like Fatal Frame 2, where you play as Mayu every now and then. The best we can hope for is say, a Soul Reaver remake somewhere down the line, but it has everything that was cut from the game in it, like in Blincons hoax! :p

It's an obssession
15th Feb 2004, 17:45
Yeah, but that's such an AWFUL fate for Raziel. His sacrifice was touching and everything, but I'd be really chuffed to see him come back. :) I understand the point you made about his sacrifice being cheapened and I agree. :) I just.....I dunno..... I'm just trying to get my point across, y'know?

InsaneScorpion331
17th Feb 2004, 19:58
I understand that much, but this topic has been discussed so many times, i thought i would post my thoughts on the matter just one more time, belive me, i would love to see Raziel too, but not in a way that it cheapens his sacrafice. ;)

JJheadcharge
17th Feb 2004, 22:34
i agree that raziel should stay in the reaver. his sacrifice was way to epic to just have him come back. it would seem like he had done nothing at all, like he hadnt accomplished anything or even made his sacrifice for nothing. he practically saved the world in the sense that now kain had the power to defeat the elder. so his sacrifice needs to stay just that, a sacrifice.

NIphrentil G.
18th Feb 2004, 00:28
One hint for you all!!!! In the sixth sequel of the LoK series (the final one????) Kain WILL confront his earlier self!!!!
Now, one question that's bothering me for quite some time... WERE EXACTLY IS THE ELDER GOD??? In SR1, he was at the bottom of the Abyss.... In SR2 he was benieth the Pillars... And in Defiace, he is inside the Vampyre Cathedral, some miles away from the Pillars!!!!! So... WERE IS HE??? (Don't anyone say the "He's a god, he can go anywere" He IS a Squid!!!!)

InsaneScorpion331
18th Feb 2004, 00:34
many people from what i heard say that hes everywhere, and his "main" body has yet to be found, i meen, if you played defiance, his reach is pretty far! my belief is that he has multiple bodys spread through out Nosgoth, connected to one main body, that has yet to be found, but thats just my 2 cents. and it might be good be be a little more kind, even if you did put in the *`s, it was kind of rude.:p

hope that helps NIphrentil G.

Dogfight
18th Feb 2004, 00:35
Now, one question that's bothering me for quite some time... WERE EXACTLY IS THE ELDER GOD??? In SR1, he was at the bottom of the Abyss.... In SR2 he was benieth the Pillars... And in Defiace, he is inside the Vampyre Cathedral, some miles away from the Pillars!!!!! So... WERE IS HE??? (Don't anyone say the "He's a god, he can go anywere" He IS a Squid!!!!)

The Elder is in all those places and more, his body is extending all over Nosgoth, spreading his influence to gain more control. The question is whether the Elder has a point of origin, a place from which he started to spread throughout all of Nosgoth. Another thing, its possible that we haven't seen the Elder's true body yet but only the extensions of it.

InsaneScorpion331
18th Feb 2004, 00:37
just like i said, thanks Dogfight, i think that better explains it then I did, lol. :D

NIphrentil G.
18th Feb 2004, 00:51
Sorry about the "F"s... It WAS kinda stupid of me byt that question really buggs me!!!
Let me remind you that in SR2 you find the elder underneath the pillars in a, quite, massive state... When you venture to the future of Nosgoth you find him in a more... "adult" state and when you go back again, he is, kinda, juvenile (which made me laugh my heart out, btw!!!) So, my guess was that there was his lair...
But in Defiance, we se that, at least in the Spectral Realm, he is quite EVERYWERE!!! Now, how can this be possible, since in no other game of the LoK:SR series have we seen such a huge Elder, and there is ABSOLUTELY no comment about his size in Defiance... Like it was there all along and we had to know that!!!

InsaneScorpion331
18th Feb 2004, 00:56
i remember someone *dont remember who* who came up with a theory stating that

the spirit forge and the bottom of the abyss were the same place, so size is understandable

but it seems that as Nosgoth gets more corrupted, the bigger the elder gets in locations, he`s a paracite basically, and feeds off of the souls and corruption most likely.

Edit: good for you, being sorry is a good thing see, lol. :D

Dark Abyss
18th Feb 2004, 01:35
I have to agry with Insane Scorpion on this one. That false god is huge and in SR1 he was made in such a manner that he really looked as being endless. I fist thought that the whole spirit realm is one big tentacle like world. And the evolution is quite visible. The only question I have is who is he and where does he come from.

The Angel of Death
18th Feb 2004, 06:33
Originally posted by It's an obssession
OK, I'm confused.WILL there be a sequel to Defiance? If so please, SOMEBODY, agree with me that it plays the same way as SR2 and that Raziel DOES come back!!!! It'd be cool if he came back as the way he was BEFORE he was "executed". Anyone agree?

the only way i can see raziel in the next game is if kain reserects raziel & his brothers from the corps of tham wen future raziel kill em all at the end of sr2 (so 4 that 2 happen is 4 kain 2 reserect them erlier than Xpected)

It's an obssession
27th Feb 2004, 20:19
...ow, my head... but I do understand your point. :) The subject of the Elder - think of the money you could make if you sold him to a sushi bar! :D I'd just be happy if Raziel came back... somehow, and Nosgoth got saved. Then they can go live happily ever after in the hills or something...

evil_sharkey
29th Feb 2004, 07:29
Hmmm. I'm not so big on the whole super happy ending idea. Whenever I see endings like that, I half expect to see someone sit up and say, "We were all dying, and now we're fine. That's super!" Anyone who knows the origin of that line should be able to see how such endings could appear silly.

No, I say Raz needs to stay in the blade. However, no one has mentioned yet what it's like inside the blade. Is anyone familiar with Lady Death/Purgatori's vampiric sword, Darkness? The souls trapped within that blade could communicate with and even fight both the wielder and each other. I'm not suggesting any change for the game, but it is something to think about.

Laxely
29th Feb 2004, 14:43
I reckon you've got a point but I don't see why th reaver cant be a game in itself. Within the sword could be a realm of vampiric type stuff and Raziel's soul must overcome obstacles and trails before taking control of the sword itself and acting in Kain's best interests. Or is that just a bit too far fetched

It's an obssession
29th Feb 2004, 18:11
evil_sharkey, I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes: Seriously, I'd kill to see Raziel come back (I think I've made that pretty obvious!!!!) and I really wanna see Nosgoth restored. :D Laxely, that's a really cool idea you have. ;)

Laxely
29th Feb 2004, 18:18
It is????!!!

It's an obssession
29th Feb 2004, 18:23
Well, yeah, I like it. :)

Laxely
29th Feb 2004, 18:27
Cheers :)

It's an obssession
29th Feb 2004, 18:31
You're welcome. :) By the way, I love your signature! :D

Laxely
29th Feb 2004, 18:37
Why thank you very much it's from Blackadder goes forth, yours aint so bad either.

It's an obssession
29th Feb 2004, 18:46
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D Thanks! They're my favourite lines.
By the way, Umah Bloodomen, how can I make one of those cool pictures like what Raptor666 has? Also, I've been thinking about changing my username to "Obsessed". How can I do that?
EDIT: Hey, you changed your signature! :(

Du ' Hab
2nd Mar 2004, 20:01
I had this idea of a multiplayer LoK game. The story takes place before the events of Soul reaver(1), when the Clans have been created. Each player creates a character and can choose the clan he/she belongs to, and will have have ability unique to that clan(Zephonim can scale walls, Rahabim can swinm etc.). When character has risen up enough levels he/she will mutate further(like Kain and Vorador).
OF COURSE...THEY will never make such game, but anyway...

By the way, what kind of unique ability did the Razielim have? (flying?)

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Mar 2004, 22:27
:D :D :D :D :D :D Thanks! They're my favourite lines.
By the way, Umah Bloodomen, how can I make one of those cool pictures like what Raptor666 has? Also, I've been thinking about changing my username to "Obsessed". How can I do that?

You need a graphic editing program for one, and two, you will need to re-register in order to change your username. In the future, I'm more than happy to answer any inquiry that you may have, however, I do ask that it be done via Private Channels (PM's and/or email) rather than take any given thread off-topic. Thanks. :)

DarkWraith
3rd Mar 2004, 02:47
Online RPG???? what oh wait

HELLO!!!!

may i direct you ppl here

Exhibit 1 (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28133&perpage=25&pagenumber=1)

and here

Exhibit 2 (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34005&perpage=25&pagenumber=1)

Ok this is LOK RPG so it does exist and it right under your noses. I realise that this is not exactly what some ppl had in mind, but the stories written do revolve around the LOK universe and a yet periods in the games history which aren't deeply explores in the series. There may not exactly be a Raziel and Kain as a playable character, but they are still there.

(Hehe I know this is gonna annoy ppl coz this is kind of, but not quite what they meant or were talking about. I just felt like becoming a little bit odd)

DW

Laxely
3rd Mar 2004, 18:53
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D Thanks! They're my favourite lines.

If you mean me in having changed my signature I did but thought I'd change it back cos it was infinately better.

Solin
3rd Mar 2004, 20:06
What would kain do in the sequel though he wpould have to kill the elder some how, some how save the binding and create a vampire circle of nine to fulfill the prophesy.
This will be hard and raziel has unfortunaly played out his part and will not return probably, so how can kain acomplish this?

It's an obssession
4th Mar 2004, 19:45
I dunno.... and I'll say it again: I WANT RAZIEL BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, Umah, thanks for your help. :p
Laxely, I gotta love that signature. :D
I'd love to be a part of that thing DW was on about, just for fun, but it's to late now... :(

Dark Abyss
5th Mar 2004, 10:40
Hey, anyone playz mud games? Wouldn't it be better for someone to start making a game for mud? It's the best RPG experience.

marufio
14th Mar 2004, 01:28
I agree. There is a great untold story of Lietenant Raziel and his band of brothers. This is the missing piece before the end.
Long Live Raziel.

Insanity_Shade
14th Mar 2004, 21:49
Originally posted by evil_sharkey
"We were all dying, and now we're fine. That's super!" Anyone who knows the origin of that line should be able to see how such endings could appear silly.

No, I say Raz needs to stay in the blade. However, no one has mentioned yet what it's like inside the blade. Is anyone familiar with Lady Death/Purgatori's vampiric sword, Darkness? The souls trapped within that blade could communicate with and even fight both the wielder and each other. I'm not suggesting any change for the game, but it is something to think about.

Is the line from Kung Pow by any chance?

Originally posted by laxely Within the sword could be a realm of vampiric type stuff and Raziel's soul must overcome obstacles and trails before taking control of the sword itself and acting in Kain's best interests. Or is that just a bit too far fetched

This idea of a realm within the sword sounds very much like something from Steven Erikson's "Malazan Book of the Fallen" series, in which Anomander Rake, a grey-skinned, white haired warrior, thousands of years old, who also has the ability to shapeshift, wields the sword Dragnipur, which chains the soul of whoever it kills and imprisons them within the blade.

arashka
23rd Aug 2007, 14:53
Can i point out something, in Soul Reaver, when Kain attacks Raziel with the reaver it samshes because Raziel is in the blade, and the spectral reaver is Raziels soul, so he cant get out or the seroius wont make sense. And it is Raziels destiny to be trapped in the reaver, and Raziel has chosen his destiny.

mr question
23rd Aug 2007, 23:40
i think eventually they will get round to finishing the story, although its probably a long way off or perhaps in the making, perhaps this is going to be the biggest LOK ever and next year or something at a gameing convension they will release their working on a LOK game

i think it would be excellent if they carried on Kains story, they should link it up so we have questions answered, we know from the developers its like 12 monkeys and that they cannot change history, however Raziel has free will and it seems that they can change things although history remakes itself, like the thing about blood omen 2 being possible from Soul reaver 2 events although they are all tied together

personally i would enjoy a LOK game thats slightly more freeform, imo hell no to online play, this is a game of unique characters not little vampires running around and kain giving quests and stuff like that, i wouldnt say thats a great idea but perhaps there could be a lot of optional content and diffrent ways of playing, perhaps kain could get evolution points from doing optional things and could have choices of either Evo points or power ups for the reaver like the emblems in defiance, it would make sense that Kain eventually gains wings from evo points or perhaps he chooses something like a bonus to the reaver this would give players options and add a system of choice while still keeping the main storyline going only the way you play is more your own unique style. I would also love a seperate game but its just a wish list sort of "never going to happen thing" but i would enjoy a game thats apart from the story and would allow you to evolve kain or play as Raz through his storyline, like when he was a sarafan up to his vampire stages, maybe do things not in the story but would be fun to see and play, perhaps an action packed side game more combat/RPG/action orienated where players can play as LOK characters, this could be a good move for those who are not interested in the story but like the idea of playing as sarafan priest then a powerful godlike vampire ofcourse my main concern personally is the storyline and what happens to kain, the plot holes and the loop i think should be created

Project XX-09
6th Sep 2007, 07:13

Yes I agree to Defiance 2 if they make it
i've got the whole collection of l.o.k.
but there are still gaps between each game the 1st is

GAME 1

1. the dawn of the sorcerers (circle of 9)
2. the erection of the pillars
3. the ban of the hylden (incl. the cursed vamire plaque)

Game 2

4. the dawn of Kains army (untill he allmost dies)
5. a quest wich allowes kain to raise 6 luitenants (exept malek)

Game 3 will be your sequel

i hope they can do it

i'm a believer

Zangetsu101
20th Nov 2007, 02:59
As long as they realease a game worthy of the series instead leaving us in the dark :lmao:

Kiffer
12th Feb 2008, 11:21

1. Future Kain most likely brings him back in Bo3
2. From his elder god mum and dad... Does it really matter...
3. He is stuck there... End of his role in the story...
4. Kain returns it to avernus when hes done...
5. The circle of nine brought him there.
6. Uh... DER! To go into the reaver and never be in another lok game...
7. We find out in Bo3...

dumah's wraith
13th Feb 2008, 21:05
Yes I agree to Defiance 2 if they make it
i've got the whole collection of l.o.k.
but there are still gaps between each game the 1st is

GAME 1

1. the dawn of the sorcerers (circle of 9)
2. the erection of the pillars
3. the ban of the hylden (incl. the cursed vamire plaque)

Game 2

4. the dawn of Kains army (untill he allmost dies)
5. a quest wich allowes kain to raise 6 luitenants (exept malek)

Game 3 will be your sequel

i hope they can do it

i'm a believer

Just because you don't witness something directly in a game doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Why make games just to fill holes when you can just finish off the story as it is? We already know the outcomes so there'ds no point in making them

mort
22nd Feb 2008, 09:43
in my opinion another LOK game would involve fighting alot of hilden in the first few moments of starting the game. i think that this balance artifact still is not complete and has 4 more parts to it, thus making it 9 parts, one for each guardian and used to find the new guardians, this would explain how guardians are found.

with the reaver now being complete, i dont think that the balance symbol is likly to have any effect on it but instead grants Kain some new powers, like the flame one did to his TK.

i also think that we havent seen the last of Janos (thinking along the lines of whats happened after defiance not BO2!) because he himself says that he had miss read the sighns, so with this in mind look at the image of the fight, Janos must be possessed by a strong hilden most likely their champion, if you imagin that the vition they had was on a blue winged being fighting a green being and that the reaver was involved then its posible to come up with their conclution but also its posible to come up with that the blue figure is the hilden champoin and the green figure is the vampire champoin, kian for the vampires and a possessed Janos for the hilden (to do this you must ponly imagin that the pictures dont have a clear image as to what the two figures look like, only what key points you can pick out about them).

no matter what tho two things are sertain to happen:
1 Vorador is going to come back, eather reserected or saved before he is killed.
2 more vampires are going to be made.

Sayid
7th Mar 2008, 09:40
they should give Kain a more interesting background story, like being a war torturer for Iraq

RainaAudron
7th Mar 2008, 10:10
i also think that we havent seen the last of Janos (thinking along the lines of whats happened after defiance not BO2!) because he himself says that he had miss read the sighns, so with this in mind look at the image of the fight, Janos must be possessed by a strong hilden most likely their champion, if you imagin that the vition they had was on a blue winged being fighting a green being and that the reaver was involved then its posible to come up with their conclution but also its posible to come up with that the blue figure is the hilden champoin and the green figure is the vampire champoin, kian for the vampires and a possessed Janos for the hilden (to do this you must ponly imagin that the pictures dont have a clear image as to what the two figures look like, only what key points you can pick out about them).

The Hylden Lord is not the Hylden champion, it is Raziel - Janos just states that he has been wrong all the time, that apparently there is only 1 champion, not 2.
It is Raziel depicted in the murals of 2 champions figthing, not Janos or anybody else.

Supervamp
22nd Jul 2008, 18:51
Hellooooo, is there still anybody out there???? I'm still searching the internet for a clue if another game is added to the series.
Some more questions....

What happens tot the timeline now Mobius is destroyed? Has the coin landed on it's edge or hasn't it?
What about the raising of the pillars and the forging of the Soulreaver itself?

I agree with all you guys that there are more than enough open questions still to be answered, I too would like to see Kain's empire with his lt's rise and evolve, up to Kain betraying Raziel.

About the possible choice of remaking the series OR a sequel:
definitely: BOTH!!! Probably more then enough material to make two sequels....

propbably a bit off topic, but the only way they should bring raziel back is in flashback cutscenes of the past, with raziel as Lt raziel, fans would love seeing raziel in his vampire form, it would add some more characterisation to kain and his sons, and could be quite cool.

maybe even show a few plot answers in this way, dont know how, but they probably could find a way.

The_Hylden
23rd Jul 2008, 03:08
What happens tot the timeline now Mobius is destroyed?

Moebius had always died by this time by young Kain's hands. Defiance ends in the same time frame Blood Omen 1 does, when Moebius' head was lopped off by young Kain. The change actually was Moebius brought back from the edead by the Elder God, but Kain and Raziel made short work of that. So, the answer is: there's no difference here from what happened before.

Has the coin landed on it's edge or hasn't it?

Yup, and now Kain has to figure out what to do, if anything, with his new chance at life here.

What about the raising of the pillars and the forging of the Soulreaver itself?

What about them? They still happen...

Linikratyo
24th Jul 2008, 22:28
OH COME ON!!! HAS NO ONE THOUGHT ABOUT IT??? There is this Nosgoth in the SR1 era. Now we know all the leutenants are dead..... Think of what happened to the Dumahim...... THERE IS A COMPLETE CHAOS OVER THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe Umah comes back or something and Kain would have to fight his own legions. Stop filling the holes, but think of what happens over here........

other question: Kain doesn't become a huge monstrious vampire... why??

forget about the elder god... no Tony Jay, no elder god....

The_Hylden
25th Jul 2008, 23:36
ok....

Anyway, to answer:

Kain doesn't become a huge monstrious vampire... why??

Kain bore the corruption from Nupraptor since when he was human, all of the way back into the womb. That corruption resided deep within his soul, since that's the binding item, but seems to have only manifested in his personality and psyche, rather than too much physically. His hardened skin looking rather corrupted is an outward sign, but not much else. His vampiric children, however, were not naturally born with, if you will, this corruption. Their long-dead souls were tainted as vampires when Kain breathed that soul portion of his into their bodies. The corruption appears to not have agreed with their own bodies, nor their minds. So, in short, I'd say both Kain being a stronger soul than they, and the fact he's born into this world with such corruption long before he became a vampire, giving him time to settle into it. He's also far stronger than any of his offspring, save Raziel, who is stronger than Turel and the rest, who's stronger than Dumah and the rest, etc., down to poor Melchiah, who bore the least of Kain's soul and suffered the worst corruption.

In fact, you might say that Kain's strength from his soul is the reason, and each of them that got a lessened portioned suffered worse and worse affects from the corruption. Kind of a paradox. The soul portion is needed for them to be, yet gives them corruption, and the less they get, the less defense they have against it, or the more that corruption takes hold.

Meh, you get the point, hopefully.

And, I think we've all talked hours and hours about Kain going back to the future, if you will, to the SR1 post era...

Linikratyo
26th Jul 2008, 12:41
ok.

I am not sure if this is old news, but I have found an interview with Amy Hennig after the making of Defiance: http://www.thelostworlds.net/Defiance/Question_and_Answer_with_Amy_Hennig.html

The means of summoning Turel was left deliberately vague, so that a future game might be able to cover it. This was said by Amy Hennig, which probably means they were planning a future game.

Later I saw on youtube that there had been an interview with Bill Gardner of Eidos, who tells this:

GI: A lot of people have affection for the Legacy of kain series, which has been missing for some time. Is there a chance that might come back?
BG: I would say absolutely. Some of the franchises that this company has that we haven't exploited need to be brought back out before we go look at new franchises. What about what we've got? I would say that Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver are two that I would absolutely be pushing hard for.

This means they didn't start to create a Legacy of Kain 6 in all these years.... so it will take a while before we have a chance of seeing LoK 6. :mad2:

The_Hylden
3rd Aug 2008, 06:57
Yes, we've seen those. There is an archived thread here with all of the Amy Hennig/creative team interviews since SR1, also.

That, and another one by another Eidos executive, both say that LoK hasn't been discontinued or forgotten, so that's the good part about it all.

DeifiedKain
4th Aug 2008, 02:16
Damn it... I pop in and out of the LOK forums from time to time hoping to see if there was any official word of the next LOK game. I was just on myspace looking through music and came upon the SR1 song when Kain ripped Raz' wings off and threw him into the abyss, that shyt gave me an adrenaline rush. It's funny, I've been with this game from the start and I'm still an addict! It'd would be cool if they just would make an LOK online game with expansions. Any thread on that?

Linikratyo
6th Aug 2008, 15:00
Damn it... I pop in and out of the LOK forums from time to time hoping to see if there was any official word of the next LOK game. I was just on myspace looking through music and came upon the SR1 song when Kain ripped Raz' wings off and threw him into the abyss, that shyt gave me an adrenaline rush. It's funny, I've been with this game from the start and I'm still an addict! It'd would be cool if they just would make an LOK online game with expansions. Any thread on that?

well there are some threads about those MMORPG ideas, but not many like these ideas............ :whistle: