PDA

View Full Version : Will Garrett still have his Longsword?

HaVoK-G2
13th Feb 2004, 05:05
Hrrm, since he has his new dagger now ive heard no new mention of his old longsword..

Im thinking maybe they took the longsword out and put the dagger in because you cannot parry / defend well with the dagger as in the last two games? Which sort of forces the player to make stealthy/semi stealthy kills/knockouts to balance out the game... Which I agree with, but sometimes it is fun after youve beaten the game a couple times to try and make it through by sword fighting ;)

Also another question, long ago I heard it was going to include multiplayer? Im guessing this is out now though correct.. :( Ah well, I enjoyed the other two for years without it, but possibly since it is on the Unreal engine it can be modded in eventually I hope? Or Ill just keep on playing Thievery :cool:

Thanks

Mr. Perfect
13th Feb 2004, 06:16
I've heard the same things. *shrugg* From the screen shots it looks like he must be able to kill someone in one hit with that dagger, otherwise the player wouldn't be going after a sword weilding guard. :)

MP would be fun though. There was a Thief mod for some other game, and people had a lot of good times with it.

HaVoK-G2
13th Feb 2004, 06:20
Yes.. its called Thievery for UT Mr. Perfect :P Check it out.Thievery UT (http://www.thieveryut.com)

Squid
13th Feb 2004, 09:30
I've got to admit, Thievery rocks. Haven't played in awhile, but it's still on the computer, just waiting... and calling to me.... and calling.... JOIN US, JOIN US NOW! :D

Squid

Huntress
14th Feb 2004, 01:24
Personally, if I have to use that kind of force (dagger) I'd much rather have a sword for certain types of enemies/creatures since the only time I would really use one was for "undeads" or "spiders" and the like. Very rarely if ever I would use my sword otherwise, but I want the length of a sword, getting up and too personal with a dagger doesn't turn me on! :( Ta and Good Hunting!

HaVoK-G2
14th Feb 2004, 01:45
Yeh, when spiders scare the crap out of you, your sword is usually what you pull out for a decent reach from the freaks :P

Ah well, As I said I liked to duel the guards occasionally for fun

I hope it can be modded in eventually.. If it can id probably make a model/uvw unwrap/and a skin. Might be easier to replace the dagger. *shrug* Long swords turn you on eh? lol ;)

:cool: