PDA

View Full Version : Thief III updates.

Tin Star
13th Feb 2004, 04:42
I just got another update from gamespot on deadly shadows and it would seem that there will be two versions of the game after all,one for Xbox and one for PC.
They also said that he will still be able to lean from side to side,they talked about many of the games features and about some of the levels in the game and that a lesson had been learned on what not to do to a game from the DX-IW release and the feed back on it.
The whole write up is about three pages and gives a good idea on what you can do in the game and what to expect while playing it,if you want to read the write up go to www.gamespot.com and look for Thief III Dark Shadows for the whole story.

:cool: Tin Star

LeatherMan
13th Feb 2004, 06:06
There was a flood of media on the 12th, and I read plenty of it. Based on what I did read I will avoid the T3 forum and any more media until the game is released. I really don't think I can stomach much more...

Peter_Smith
14th Feb 2004, 07:43
Originally posted by Tin Star
I just got another update from gamespot on deadly shadows and it would seem that there will be two versions of the game after all,one for Xbox and one for PC.
Thanks, Tin Star. That was an interesting article. Here is a more direct link. (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/thief3/preview_6089325-3.html)

Regarding the above, this does not mean that the two versions were developed independently to optimize the game for each platform. We will have to wait and see how many Xbox "features" find there way iinto the PC version. I hope they release a level editor so we can make missions with fewer restrictions on size and loading.

Chiefdreams
14th Feb 2004, 19:41
Is it just me?

I've downloaded and watched 2 diff mpegs of the gameplay and the trailer and Garrett is VERY dagger happy.

They've watched some of us play obviously.

Not me though, I'm more of the shoot the arrow at max distance while they're moving type of guy. then come in to clean up their alerted comrads with the blade.

However I would say that the majority of us thiefer's are the true ghoster types. Perhaps you won't be able to highlight the guard's purse and click without the use of the dagger. Too close and you poke-em.

R_Soul
14th Feb 2004, 20:52
Originally posted by Chiefdreams
I've downloaded and watched 2 diff mpegs of the gameplay and the trailer and Garrett is VERY dagger happy.

Are you sure you mean 'Garrett' and not 'the person playing T3 in that video'?

Games are never fun to watch so they will have to make it look as 'exciting' as possible to get the interest of new players.

I'm sure that when we play the game we'll be much more able to choose our playing style.

Chiefdreams
14th Feb 2004, 21:21
You're right of course.

jim2112
16th Mar 2004, 02:36
When I "discovered" T2 my step-son s were playing it. All I had for first thought was ..."oh boy!, another shoot'em stab'em game. Then I tried it, I tried it with out the dagger. You ever watched a 15-20 years old while on a console? Neck streatched out eyes wide, youknow the look. I had that look while sitting in the dark waiting, waiting and doing nothing but listening to Benny's footsteps...Now here I am 44 years old retired and wondering if this machine can run T3...

Ah the memories

Chiefdreams
16th Mar 2004, 05:39
Jim2112, I'm a little older than you at 47. :)
Have you ever had the "sudden heart attack syndrom?"
That's where Garrett just screams and dies for no apparent reason.
First time that happened to me I yelled out!

jim2112
16th Mar 2004, 13:37
No, but i almost dropped dead myself in T2's first scene.

... remember inside the warehouse and the stairs going from part "A" to part "B"? Remember the guard that patrolled the steps?

It was beautiful...sneaking up the stairs next to the railing, crouched mode I think, peeeeeekkkk around the courner ( just to show myself how sneaky I really was) and stare right at a guard with his sword raised.....I ran ...after a few good sword swipes from the guard (that was while I was recovering) :)

littlek
16th Mar 2004, 15:48
LOL Chief...I can see it now. You are crossing the pond, it is dark outside and you think...
"Hmmm, thinks I, this cockpit has a thiefy feel to it. Me thinks I'll play a little Thief during my break."
So you open your new laptop and begin.....eyes wide, neck outstretched, volume is a little high and when Garrett suddenly gets attacked by that giant green spider that snuck up behind, you scream too.
.....and everyone else on board hears your scream.....

Huntress
16th Mar 2004, 21:57
OHhhh your evil littlek...LOL but then I'll bet your right now that Chief will soon has his new toy! You KNOW he's going to be packing (BJ that is) and his eyes are going to get soooo red ppl will think he's been out on the town...instead of looking at a monitor and being a sneak! ;)

Welcome aboard jim2112...glad to have another senior type player although not quite as senior as in my friend, theBlackman and I...heh, heh...we're both in our mid sixties and avid fans of this game as well as many others of the more mature side of age are around here!

Have you been introduced to Darkloader and Fan Missions (FM's) that have been made for several years? Perhaps your Step-Son's are in the know and/or can steer you in the right direction? If you need anymore info about it/them, give us a holler and we'll be glad to lend a hand :) Ta and Good Hunting!