PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] Razielim, anyone?

moose562
12th Feb 2004, 22:31
What happened to the Razielim?

This question remains outstanding.

I was hoping Defiance would clear this up.

Is there any evidence to shed light on their fate?

HolyMoses
12th Feb 2004, 22:54
Raziel: "What have you done to my clan degenerate?"
Kain: "What I made, I can also distroy."

I think the story implies that Kain killed them all off.

Enihcam
13th Feb 2004, 03:13
There's always the chance that maybe Kain was just egging him on and didn't really kill them. Or maybe one/a few escaped. As of now though we are led to believe that they have been wiped out.

I know a lot of people are hoping that the Razielim will show up someday. Personally I hope they don't :D

Bobman32x
13th Feb 2004, 10:39
I always though this enemy here was a type of early razielim, but then changed into a sarafan. Notice A raziel like clan symbol on the armor chest. I dont know

Cpncept

http://thelostworlds.net/Images/SR-EnemiesC-32.JPG

Color

http://thelostworlds.net/Images/SR-EnemiesC-33.JPG

omegafury
13th Feb 2004, 17:14
razielim were destroyed by kain for the same reason raziel himself was destroyed. kain feared the power of their blood, that they could evolve past him.

but i used to think that the razielim may not have been destroyed by kain, but sent away to another place, (like the demon dimension perhaps) and become the abominable hylden race. that would explain why kain never shows much interest in them in the SR and Defiance games.

van_HellSing PL
13th Feb 2004, 17:32
...for the same reason raziel himself was destroyed
Omegafury - you are wrong, as the Q&A states:

Q: Why did Kain have Raziel thrown into the Abyss?

A: Kain deduced that Raziel was the prophesied Vampire
hero/messiah and that his temporary destruction would ultimately lead to Kain s claiming his own destiny as the Scion of Balance. Though at that time he was still unsure of how it would play out.
Kain had understood enough of the Vampire prophecy to see the roles that he and Raziel would play, including the necessity of casting him into the Abyss.

Lozza Mate
14th Feb 2004, 02:02
I for one hope that kain just flat out killed them all.

But I would like to see one before their destruction. (although chances are they won't be evolved (or at least minimaly) since they were probably wiped out immediately after Raziel).

sonofraziel
14th Feb 2004, 04:45
I know a lot of people are hoping that the Razielim will show up someday. Personally I hope they don't :D [/B][/QUOTE]

wowowowowowowo hey i came from there ;) J/k i think it whould be cool

The Angel of Death
16th Feb 2004, 05:57
Originally posted by omegafury
razielim were destroyed by kain for the same reason raziel himself was destroyed. kain feared the power of their blood, that they could evolve past him.

i herd on the net b4 that kain had 2 get Raziel 2 HATE him or some thing like that

Omni_Sephiroth
16th Feb 2004, 07:41
I agree with HolyMoses it is most likely that kain just wiped out Raziels clan for unknow reasons.

Kuroryu
16th Feb 2004, 10:29
It's entirely possible that without Raziel as their clan leader, the clan just died out. Of course, this wouldn't explain why the Turelim were so powerful without Turel in that timeframe (depending on when he was summoned).

If Kane did wipe out the clan, it's probably because he didn't want Raziel to return and lead an army against him. All he wanted was Raziel himself.

frodo098
16th Feb 2004, 12:01
I think a game where you played as one of Raziel's kin escaping Kain's wrath would be so cool. Even if the game totally sucked, I'd still love it just for the story and atmosphere alone.....oh wait..... that's already why I play LOK games! :D

Now that I think about though, maybe Kain didn't kill off his clan, I don't see why he would if he already knew they were no threat to him. When I played the first Soul Reaver I figured Kain did kill off the clan trying to make sure another one like Raziel wouldn't rise up and surpass him, but after learning the truth, I think Raz's clan may have just moved on. I agree with that other person, Kain may have just been taunting him for his own goals.

moose562
16th Feb 2004, 12:15
i'd like to think that kain didn't act the way he did because he is petty.

<kain brushing his locks> "hmm...what shall i do today? i know! i'll rip off raziels wings and throw him into the abyss - how *dare* he be more beautiful than I am!"

Yeah, I think Kain is too intelligent - people all underrate him...oh he is arrogant. No he isn't! he just has a clarity of vision, that is all! I think Kain knew Raziel imagined him to be this heartless crook - if the plucky young lieutenant had known he was "soft" he could have staged a rebellion ages before the wings incident.

Its all face really. Kains 'arrogance' = Kains intelligence.

There is more to this than meets the eye. Perhaps Kain knew something of the Razielims fate that meant he had to sacrifice them somehow for the benefit of nosgoth. sure it hurt raziels feelings but ultimately there must be sacrifices in just causes.

Lozza Mate
17th Feb 2004, 05:03
Melchiah pretty much summed up the issue before he was killed. He says kain would never risk his empire for an upstart inheritance (Razielim revolt). and that raziel is the last to die (of his clan).

moose562
7th Mar 2004, 13:47
i thought i'd repost this here instead of start a new thread...

Warpsavant FAQ (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?threadid=169)

Q: Kain says he destoryed what he created. Did he destory Raziels clan, or did
they die out like the ancients, being they are similiar?
A: This is currently unrevealed.

Q: Why did he break the wings??
A: Also unrevealed at this point. Your answers below are all partially correct. Like many things in LoK, there isn't one simple answer.
On the basic level -- yes, he broke his wings so he couldn't escape being thrown into the Abyss. But there's more to it than that.

Okay thats it!

These are two really important issues related to the Clan! I hope it gets clarified!

kainthevampiregod
14th Mar 2004, 03:19
hey, um i dont understand

The Angel of Death
14th Mar 2004, 07:42
Originally posted by kainthevampiregod
hey, um i dont understand

what bit dont u understand

Demon_82
14th Mar 2004, 19:59
Winged Raziel?? It would have meant that he could got o many palces without needing to imbue the Reaver with elemental powers... less guardian souls inside. I think.