PDA

View Full Version : Onscreen Dagger?

Sheepy_DeathStorm
12th Feb 2004, 19:10
in the vids i've seen, there is no onscreen dagger (1st person) it's not gonna stay that way is it? [prays]

abbe
12th Feb 2004, 22:09
are you praying for third person?

if so, you dumb ****. :mad:

if not, hooray! :)

Mr. Perfect
12th Feb 2004, 22:34
I"m not sure what you're asking, but in the German preview video that was posted in this forum, Garret did have a long dagger to fight with. Now if he doesn't slow to a crawl when he's got it equiped, I'll be happy. ;)

floogy
13th Feb 2004, 06:09
I've been wanting a dagger in thief since dark project, i guess the sword didn't seem very thiefly (i don't think thats a word but...) compared to a dagger. hopefully thief 3 will have lots of new stuff without changing the gameplay. the game must stay intact for me to like the game.

Sheepy_DeathStorm
14th Feb 2004, 09:38
has anyone actually read what i just wrote?
in the german video, the dagger does not appear in 1st person view, and your just slashing at this guard with and invisible dagger and it just looks damn poor. they are gonna have it onscreent later, yes?
have i made sense now?

HOC
14th Feb 2004, 10:16
Originally posted by Sheepy_DeathStorm
has anyone actually read what i just wrote?
in the german video, the dagger does not appear in 1st person view, and your just slashing at this guard with and invisible dagger and it just looks damn poor. they are gonna have it onscreent later, yes?
have i made sense now?

no, and no. garret has become so wise within the keeper ranks that he doesn't need conventional weapons. for he can now stab people WITH HIS MIND!

i'm willing to bet it'll be added. although, ya can't take my word on that since im not on the development team. but it's a common enough thing nowadays to show the weapon/arm in first person view modes.

and since it's a common thing in fps games....there's also usually an option to disable that feature if you so choose. so for all we know, the video had the feature disabled.

Sheepy_DeathStorm
14th Feb 2004, 14:56
thankyou very much hoc.

Mr. Perfect
14th Feb 2004, 22:30
I rember seeing the dager in the video I saw.