PDA

View Full Version : Technical help

shiburavi
12th Feb 2004, 08:42
Hi jurjen i have been facing some probs in the first chapter when kain lowers down a bridge and unlocks the first door which he has to open by attaining the reaver power, then he goes somewhere underground, then he has to make a few leaps on some rocks and at the last there is a small boat and there is a door, which kain has to open by shooting the TK.

But when i open the door and go inside everything looks white and iam not able to see kain too. Can u help me, Umah had suggested me to ask you. Should i be restarting the game??

:(

Umah Bloodomen
12th Feb 2004, 08:46
Just so you know shiburavi, FAO posts (For the attention of) are a violation of the Terms of Use of Our Community (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18226). In situations like this, you can either utilize the http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/sendpm.gif feature of the board, or generalize your thread as a technical problem. Jurjen and/or our other tech guru's will see it and/or respond to it when they're schedules permit.

Thanks. :)

Jurjen
12th Feb 2004, 08:51
I'm sorry, I haven't heard of this problem before, and am not sure what you should do to solve it. You could try changing some graphics settings, reinstallling the game (and then loading your existing savegame), etc.

I do not think restarting the game from scratch would solve this problem, but it might be worth trying. You could also try to walk back up the stairs again, then back to the boats, and see if the problem persists.

Basically it sounds like data that should be loaded isn't being loaded, which could be due to an installation failure, a resource problem in your system, perhaps other resident programs which are running?

What OS are you running on?

shiburavi
13th Feb 2004, 07:54
Umah

I had been trying to send a PM to Jurjen, but he has put an option not to recieve PM from anyone. That was the reason i had sent a direct topic. I would Not repeat this again. Thanks for reminding.

Jurjen,

Actually my OS is Win 98. All my applications were closed before i started the play. I will try reinstalling it if necessary, and then let you know.

Thanks.

Lär
13th Feb 2004, 08:03
How 'bout system specs?? The more info the "tech gurus" have, the more they can help. ;) :cool:

Later! :D

shiburavi
13th Feb 2004, 08:32
Sorry i forgot that. Thanks for reminding it Lär.

My system specs are:

Intel Pentium 4
256 mb Ram
geforce 64 mb ddr

Lär
13th Feb 2004, 08:50
Originally posted by shiburavi
geforce 64 mb ddr

What model Geforce is this card?? What video driver version are you using? You've installed DirectX 9, right?

Later! :D

Umah Bloodomen
13th Feb 2004, 18:50
Originally posted by shiburavi
Umah

I had been trying to send a PM to Jurjen, but he has put an option not to recieve PM from anyone. That was the reason i had sent a direct topic. I would Not repeat this again. Thanks for reminding.

No worries then, shiburavi. If you encounter difficulties contacting someone via PM's, try the email option. If that still does not work, let me know and I will assist you by serving as the mediator for the situation.

Thanks. :)

4Eyes
16th Feb 2004, 21:32
I have the same problem at the same point in the game. As soon as I enter the room, a dialogue starts between Kain and Moebius, but everything is bluish except for some starnge kind of graphic object (really no way to proerly describe it, it looks like some block, or maybe a throne or chair??? For that matter, it might also be the entrance I came in through).

I skipped the movie, but then I was still stuck because there was a forcefield over the entrance.

My system specs:

AMD 2700 Processor
512 MB Ram
ASUS V8170 DDR 64 Mb Geforce 4 MX 440 videocard

I'm running Win 98 SE and I've downloaded and installed the latest ForceWare drivers (53.04)

I used to have problems with SR2, but I fixed that back then by doing the 'disable VShaders = 1' thing in Regedit (that was before I got the drivers)

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

4Eyes

Jurjen
16th Feb 2004, 22:07
If you have the european version, or have the patch installed, you can try enabling 'compatibility mode' in the setup dialog for the game.

- Jurjen

4Eyes
17th Feb 2004, 07:07
I have the European version, just picked it up last weekend.

I'll try the compatibility mode thingie and let you know if it helped anything, thanks!

I really want to continue with the game, and to be stumped by some graphical glitch in the first level is SO annoying.

4Eyes

4Eyes
19th Feb 2004, 18:57
Just wanted to let everyone know that activating the 'compatibility mode' seems to have solved the problem. Am currently in chapter 8 (Vorador's Mansion)

Thanks

shiburavi
23rd Feb 2004, 08:55
:D hey my probs also was cleared after i checked the compatibilty mode. I was into the game so could not reply in the forum. Anyway thanks for the suggessions Jurjen and Umah.