PDA

View Full Version : Demo now available on the 3DS eShop!

Bhalditar
21st Jun 2012, 23:51
Alright guys, this thread is for your impressions of the KINGDOM HEARTS 3D Dream Drop Distance demo that just went up on the 3DS eStore tonight! So what do you think? How did it feel to get your hands on the game and play with some of the new mechanics?

member_10120918
21st Jun 2012, 23:58
Downloading it now while I am listening to people honking their horns because the Miami Heat won.

WarioMasterX916
22nd Jun 2012, 01:06
I Liked It IT Was Cool but i hope they allow u to go to at least one disney world was kinda disapointed on how the demo ends when u deaft the boss but other than that it was cool i like it

Automaton
22nd Jun 2012, 01:27
I'm just about to start playing it now. I'm very excited!

member_10622584
22nd Jun 2012, 01:52
Went by way too fast, i even took my time, explored every bit of the game and there wasn't really much to do, kill dream eaters, 1 little mission which was interesting, kill the 3 Dinos(forget names) i didn't make it the first time but the second i did. Didn't seem that bad. The boss fight seemed fairly easy, the gameplay is still great as usual. It seems too easy to beat enemys if you just barrel spam everything :/ i hope it isn't like that in the full version, i doubt it will be. I was hoping it would be longer of course though, if you rush the game, you can beat it in less then 5 minutes, the tutorials helped teach the new controls/features. I like the freeflow. I really hope there is more updates and looking forward to play it July 31st. I already won myself a copy of it on a Kh page =)

Zyeancarvain
22nd Jun 2012, 02:23
I enjoyed the demo. I do wish it was longer then it was but it did give me an idea of what the real version is going to be like which makes me a bit more excited then i already am. Can't wait to see what else is in this game. Too bad there is still more than a month to go lol. Thanks to Nintendo and square enix for releasing this demo.

Automaton
22nd Jun 2012, 02:30
It was just enough to get my feet wet: a simple enough demo to help me get used to playing with Nintendo controls after my gung-ho BbS playthrough. And... free flow action! It's actually fun once I got the hang of it.

I managed the link portal bonus the first time, but not the second. Seems like you can't re-challenge it again in the demo unless you start over, but I hope we have the ability to redo them in the full game.

Hakozaru was of moderate difficulty, keeping in mind that the demo has some sweet abilities preloaded in the Command Deck.

This one's a keeper.

iambasho777
22nd Jun 2012, 03:21
I just started the download, freaking slow internet at my place. I'm so excited for it my body is completely forgetting it's 3AM! haha

gamerazor247
22nd Jun 2012, 03:50
I actually enjoyed the demo :D. I was hopin to play as riku too but it's okay that i got to play as sora. The demo was short but i spent 30 mins playing it, took tutorial, explored every area of the demo,killed all dream eaters (2 times in a row), did extra mission,defeated the dragon thingy, and defeated the easy boss. I actually can't stop playing the demo, I'm planing to buy the Mark of Mastery Edition when it comes out. :D

iambasho777
22nd Jun 2012, 04:30
I spent a half hour on it as well, did the tutorial once and the actual demo twice. I found the "Lightning" battle with three dinos the second time, and made sure to check out all three spirit links. I think those bars could use a bit of tweaking to charge faster in boss fights, I spent five minutes just waiting for the panda's link bar to charge up and ended up completely missing the boss with it haha. I love the flowmotion and I think the demo was great overall, but I do have a couple of minor issues with it. First, I was hoping to be able to play as Riku, because he seems to have the more interesting fighting style based on the trailers. Second, I really wanted to see the actual game menus, specifically the ones related to the Spirit allies. Third, is this an accurate representation of the game? Will we have glide, air slide, knockback and block reprisals, an air slide attack, and high jump in the first world of the game?

Don't get me wrong though, I love the demo and am not wanting to exit the software because if I do it'll use up a use, and we only get 30 :( I might actually run out. I'm definately playing it at least twice more when I wake up! The demo was on the whole great, and my hype is rising! I just wish the release date wasn't over a month away

Matteo
22nd Jun 2012, 06:11
We want KH 3D in italian and spanish! No translation= no buy!

Jackstin
22nd Jun 2012, 07:17
I thought it was pretty good. More Kingdom Hearts XD. What more can you say?

member_10195849
22nd Jun 2012, 13:35
Although I probably won't be playing the first run of the game in 3D, I have to say that the 3D was done fantastically. The colors are very vibrant and really pop. I'm looking forward to learning more about the boy with the headphones and the dream eaters.

Automaton
22nd Jun 2012, 14:03
(If you want background on the character that meets Sora in the beginning and the rest of the Traverse Town characters, I wholeheartedly recommend playing The World Ends With You, the game they are originally from.)

iambasho777
22nd Jun 2012, 14:34
Although I probably won't be playing the first run of the game in 3D, I have to say that the 3D was done fantastically. The colors are very vibrant and really pop. I'm looking forward to learning more about the boy with the headphones and the dream eaters.

...how dare you not know who Phones is??? Alright, we gotta fix this. Go to your nearest used game retailer and ask for the best DS game of all time, The World Ends With You. If they don't have it, order it from SE's site. All of the Traverse Town characters this time around are from that game, and it's an amazing game. The battle system is something I've never seen before and the story is really deep, almost to the point where it's crossing into philosophical waters. Every SE fan needs to play this game, it's just wonderful. TWEWY fanboyism aside, you really should try the game.

sLmOuYeah
22nd Jun 2012, 16:47
Funny isn't it? They are glad to Re:Make the same game over and over again with that stupid final mixes for japanese, always in japanese, but they don't fking want to release a single game in spanish or italian. But don't worry, they'll probably release another Re:DDD Final shhit again in english, japanese or whatever language they want, it will be the same fking game, but it won't be translated in spanish nor italian. You are a SHAME, you rotten by money people, wish you lose a bunch of DOLL$RS with this stupid move you've taken. "Prepare yourselves to the darkness".

"No italian nor spanish makes this game totally rubbish."

iambasho777
22nd Jun 2012, 17:59
Back on topic, I really hope this never happens in the actual game. It happened to somone during the flowmotion tutorial

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD7wDxoWap4&feat... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD7wDxoWap4&feature=youtu.be)

member_10085059
22nd Jun 2012, 23:36
You have a limited amount of times that you can play the demo?!?! WHAT? That is an AWFUL rule. Who the heck made that up?!

Automaton
22nd Jun 2012, 23:39
All eShop demos have a limit as to how much you can play them. I'm assuming Nintendo, not Square Enix, makes that rule.

member_10590028
23rd Jun 2012, 00:14
Nintendo makes that rule entirely. Any demos that you download only gives you a max of 30 uses. After that I don't know what happens. You just have to play until you get done I guess. And I played the demo and loved the new flowmotion style they're going with. It's gonna be hard to do but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it as I play the game more.

Sixus
23rd Jun 2012, 00:35
I spent a half hour on it as well, did the tutorial once and the actual demo twice. I found the "Lightning" battle with three dinos the second time, and made sure to check out all three spirit links. I think those bars could use a bit of tweaking to charge faster in boss fights, I spent five minutes just waiting for the panda's link bar to charge up and ended up completely missing the boss with it haha. I love the flowmotion and I think the demo was great overall, but I do have a couple of minor issues with it. First, I was hoping to be able to play as Riku, because he seems to have the more interesting fighting style based on the trailers. Second, I really wanted to see the actual game menus, specifically the ones related to the Spirit allies. Third, is this an accurate representation of the game? Will we have glide, air slide, knockback and block reprisals, an air slide attack, and high jump in the first world of the game?

Don't get me wrong though, I love the demo and am not wanting to exit the software because if I do it'll use up a use, and we only get 30 :( I might actually run out. I'm definately playing it at least twice more when I wake up! The demo was on the whole great, and my hype is rising! I just wish the release date wasn't over a month away

There is more than one battle link?

member_10085059
23rd Jun 2012, 00:38
eeegghhh. That's dumb. This was my first ever demo on any of their systems, so I didn't know. Nintendo, why do you have to be so lame sometimes?! *shakes fist in air*

Automaton
23rd Jun 2012, 12:41
There's only one Link Portal, but the name changes per playthrough. I've seen it come up as Celes, Cloud, Lightning, Balthier, Vanille... couple of others.

Also, I dunno if it's more fun to watch the "thank you for playing" screen to see what the Meow Wow's going to do. >.>

member_10770952
23rd Jun 2012, 12:49
Back on topic, I really hope this never happens in the actual game. It happened to somone during the flowmotion tutorial

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD7wDxoWap4&feat... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD7wDxoWap4&feature=youtu.be)

iambasho777
23rd Jun 2012, 13:52
My link portal names so far have been Lightning, Kain, Locke, Balthier, Lightning, and W. of Light in that order.

I agree with you on that bit, Strife. I really really really hope we don't get a buggy release after a four month localization and testing period.

member_10073902
24th Jun 2012, 15:37
The demo didn't do much for me since it's just more of the same old Kingdom Hearts. The only addition we got to try out was the whole "flowmotion" thing, which was pretty cool but also seemed to make battles way too easy.

I liked the interaction between Sora and Neku (really highlighted how they are complete opposites) but I did facepalm a little at Sora. I know that it's his schtick to be super friendly and want to help everyone all the time, but it feels like he hasn't grown as a character at all since the first game. Ah, well. Guess it just wouldn't be KH w/o super earnest naive Sora funtimes.

eeegghhh. That's dumb. This was my first ever demo on any of their systems, so I didn't know. Nintendo, why do you have to be so lame sometimes?! *shakes fist in air*

I *think* the logic behind it is to push people to go out and buy the actual game, instead of just playing the demo over and over, but agreed - it's dumb.

Marluxia
25th Jun 2012, 01:39
The demo was great! I avoided flowmotion just to explore every corner of Traverse Town. The place is so pretty, can't wait to get the actual game!

Azure
25th Jun 2012, 10:37
The demo was great! I avoided flowmotion just to explore every corner of Traverse Town. The place is so pretty, can't wait to get the actual game!

Only 5 week left until the game release , I hope they improve the camera and announce some addition like KHBBS this would make the game more perfect .

Shadow_Breaker
25th Jun 2012, 18:41
I can't wait to play as Riku I like the demo but I wanted to play as him.

Automaton
25th Jun 2012, 21:44
I think Flowmotion is a huge aid in world exploration: I discovered certian rooftops in Fourth District also had enemy spawn points on about my dozenth time through thanks to the system.

I'm getting better at the Link Portal challenge, too. Sometimes I accidentally land on the rail on a flow chain and "run away", but the last time that happened I still won with two seconds to spare!

Azure
25th Jun 2012, 22:14
Flowmotion reminds me of Megaman Series

silverrulz17
28th Jun 2012, 14:31
The creators of kh3d should think about getting game updates from the nintendo 3ds e shop to allow the fun to never end and the can make it free or 1 dollar or so on i think this would sweeten the deal

UnknownGamer
28th Jun 2012, 17:40
the demo was really great the new flowmotion makes combat and traveling a lot easier and faster. the only thing i was sad 'bout it was the demo was really short i mean after you defeat the boss the demo just ends with no other cutscene related to the boss

member_10714544
28th Jun 2012, 22:05
i absolutely loved the demo. i wasn't very psyched for the game until i played the demo. definitely going to pick up the collectors edition now

jjohny97
30th Jun 2012, 00:21
Hey how come my 3DS can't seem to find the demo??? O.o I'M DYING TO TRY IT BUT I CAN'T FIND IT!!!!!!!!! :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

Azure
30th Jun 2012, 01:22
Maybe after the update to version 4.0.9 . They remove the demo

Automaton
30th Jun 2012, 02:20
It's still there in the game demos section of the Nintendo eShop, one slot to the right of Rhythm Thief. (NA model 3DS, in case you're wondering.)

Shadow_Breaker
30th Jun 2012, 12:27
One of the demo that I thought was really fun was rhythm Thief it was so much fun. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

Shadow_Breaker
30th Jun 2012, 12:31
Hey how come my 3DS can't seem to find the demo??? O.o I'M DYING TO TRY IT BUT I CAN'T FIND IT!!!!!!!!! :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

Go on where it says seach on put demo you sure find it the way. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

new_tradition
6th Jul 2012, 10:50
Just tried the demo, and oh boy, I really sucked with all the new gameplay additions. I found myself just going back to my bread and butter button mashing :X

(also, I ended up turning the 3D all the way down; ended up being too distracting >.<)

I didn't understand that part where you hit barrels for alt. reality shifts or whatever. I think I understand you can sling-shot that...thing into enemies, but I can only target one of them.

Plus both my dream eaters got up to full D-Link, but I had no idea how to even activate it.

From what I've read in this thread, I basiclaly missed half the demo's content, lol. Sucky limits aside, I still have some tries left, so I'll give it a shot later.

member_10739060
7th Jul 2012, 12:43
I just started the download, freaking slow internet at my place. I'm so excited for it my body is completely forgetting it's 3AM! haha

hey i wanna play

it soooo bad i need a 3ds

Shadow_Breaker
23rd Jul 2012, 19:26
Don't worry I'm sure your get one soon. ^_^