PDA

View Full Version : a few things - comic/raz/kain?

abruptdogma
11th Feb 2004, 11:03
hi just completed defiance - Result - a worthy addition to the series. Congrats.

I have just read that there is a defiance comic. Is that true? Does anyone know where I can get it, or have any scans of it?

when kain a raz fight, is raz posessed by the spirit that he absorbded when he killed turel? He seems to have the same glowing green eyes that all the "possessed" had. #

Finally has kain been cured of the curroption that he was always inflicted with by nupraptor? I have heard that he is but i dont see how that has been made clear?

Kain_of_Nosgoth
11th Feb 2004, 11:23
The purified wraith blade was absorbed into Kain's soul, cleansing him of his corruption.

Bobman32x
11th Feb 2004, 11:35
Yes, Kain was healed, and yes there is a comic book. check ebay. you can usually get both covers (same comic, but there were 2 differant covers, EB had an awsome hand drawn one, also known as the blue cover, and Gamestop got a boring Box Art cover, AKA the red cover) ebay has them bundled together for about 8 plys shipping, topcow's (comic's maker) main site has them for about 6 bucks each too.

I have the blue cover, and i would give you some screens, but it violates copyright laws. How it differs than from showing a screenshot from a game while thats legal, i dont know, but apparently scanning a comic is.

Protector_Malek
11th Feb 2004, 14:02
Whe Raziel fights kain, raziel is not possesed by the spirits in turel.
Turel was controlled by some hyldens in the other dimension, but their souls were not inside him. Raziel was driven by the inmense hylden presence in that place, as Vorador warned him.

MortaniusRaisedGrandma
11th Feb 2004, 17:15
There is also a cheat for the game that turns raziel and kain into little comic cartoon characters. Find it and try it it's hilarious.

Umah Bloodomen
11th Feb 2004, 20:45
Originally posted by Bobman32x
How it differs than from showing a screenshot from a game while thats legal, i dont know, but apparently scanning a comic is.

Because the comic book is the intellectual property of Top Cow, the text and art of which belongs to their respective staff members. Scanning which, reproduces the work and violates copyright law. They paid Eidos for the license to the characters, locations, etc. however, the work itself is of their own creation, and something that they have been offering for a profit. Scanning the book infringes on their ability to sell copies.

Magazines are another medium which are not to be scanned and posted here (specifically the text of the articles, or captions appearing on or below any given image contained therein).

Now screenshots, both appearing in magazines, and taken by any individual, can be used for the purpose of education and/or research aka non-profit purposes as Eidos released them to the public. (Again, any text that accompanying these images cannot be used).

There was a big discussion regarding this issue here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16938&highlight=copyright).

abruptdogma
12th Feb 2004, 13:30
ok fair enough,but I was wondering if anyone could give me a rundown of the plot in the comic?

van_HellSing PL
12th Feb 2004, 13:47
Here's what I received from Umah Bloodomen on the subject:

Summarized, the book is a reflection over the events of the series from Kain's perspective. Kain begins by disposing of Sarafan warriors (not any of the brethren), and babbles about how destiny is pre-ordained. Then the free will is an illusion speech, and a brief history of who and what he is. The story then briefly reflects over the ancient past, the history of the Circle and Sarafan, then a bit about the purges, a little bit about the legend of Janos, Kain's murder, and the corruption of the Pillars and his refusal of the sacrifice. It then goes back over the events of SR, from casting Raziel into the abyss and Raziel's revenge, and Kain sparing him in SR2. It then touches on why Janos must not be resurrected and returns to Kain disposing of the Sarafan warriors in the beginning before ending just prior to where the actual game begins. I hope it helps :).

abruptdogma
12th Feb 2004, 13:52
many thanks van. I take it that in the comic kain has left the stronghold he was in at the end of soul reaver 2 and is thinking all these thoughts somewhere else? Hence the reason he goes back into the stronghold at the start of defiance. I wonder why he just didnt stay there?

Dogfight
13th Feb 2004, 08:11
Something that should be taken into account is that Kain just got new memories of the events of Blood Omen 2 at the very end of Soul Reaver 2, which he never had before.

Kain then leaves the Sarafan Stronghold to work through all his memories, old and new, as depicted in the Legacy of Kain: Defiance comic book, and thereby plan his next move.

abruptdogma
13th Feb 2004, 09:45
right got it now - cheers!