PDA

View Full Version : Did this reviewer actually play Defiance?

unimatrix2612
11th Feb 2004, 07:48
Check out this review here (www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/main.jhtml?xml=/connected/2004/02/04/ckain04.xml&sSheet=/connected/2004/02/10/ixconn.html). He doesn't complain about the camera, and he gave LoK: D a 4/5, which are good things, but I can't shake the feeling that he didn't actually play Defiance for more than a few minutes. He keeps going on about some "Azriel" person! :rolleyes:
However, this chap has nothing but praise, and a few minor quibbles, so perhaps a good review?

Dark Goddess
11th Feb 2004, 16:12
I see that a lot, reviewers spelling main characters names wrong.
''Azriel'' how could you get Raziel's name wrong? I mean you hear it enough times.
I see what you mean. It's things like this:

both slow their falling rates by billowing out their cloaks
that make you think that they haven't played the game, or if they have haven't paid much attention to it.

WraithStar
11th Feb 2004, 18:37
I think maybe that someone else was playing the game and this reviewer just came in every now and then to see what was going on:rolleyes: . However, it is a very nice review and I hope the person really did play it and enjoy it because I'd hate to think that all those nice things were just made up:p . It would be really funny, though, if the next game was Legacy of Kain: Azriel ;)

evil_sharkey
15th Feb 2004, 03:22
Azriel? I know that name from somewhere? I think I killed him/her/it in Diablo or Baldur's Gate forever ago.

What a great review! Gee, all this time I thought those were the shredded remnants of wings "Azriel" was gliding with. Maybe the reviewer did "one two, skip a few" with a few levels using cheat codes. Either that or he'd been smoking crack and missed a few details. At least he didn't refer to the sorcerer Morpheus or the ancient vampire Voldemort.:D