PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider 3??

NrthnStar5
11th Feb 2004, 03:24
does anyone think they will make a 3rd tomb raider movie?

Tipsko
11th Feb 2004, 10:03
I thought so, she did sign to do three movies and she likes to play lara. The only thing that would hold her was the negative sale on TR2...

cutemonsterchild
18th Feb 2004, 05:59
Yup, the chances look good....

"Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle Of Life producer Lloyd Levin has said international returns were more than respectable enough to ensure a final chapter in the Tomb Raider motion picture trilogy despite domestic indifference, according to an article in the Official Playstation Magazine (U.S) this coming March 2004..."

Read the rest at http://www.tombnews.com/

- V :cool:

Trinity34
18th Feb 2004, 22:29
Paramount has not released a statement yet nor have I heard anything about a script, but it looks like its a go! YAAAAAAAY! :D

Cyber_Punk_303
20th Feb 2004, 03:24
I think they need to fundamentally change their perception of TR as a franchise and as a movie experience.

Their stuck in an action driven b-movie state of mind.

It should be a character driven adventure movie, with high production values and none of this b-movie camera crap.

I think The Beach was more adventurous.
Indiana Jones was more intense.
The Transporter had better establishing shots (which is very important in these globe-trotting movies).
Vertrical Limit was more athletic and more focused.

Anyone notice that the camera lenses made the film look like a TV movie? It didn't look as polished and filtered like, say, LOTR.

And if possible, i'd like to see a TR story line that doesn't necessarilly involve, or center around, an artifact of strange and mystical powers. None of that crap, it's been done time and time again. Make Lara go after Shangri La or something. Keep it FRESH!

I don't understand why it's so hard to make TR a good movie. Some of the comic books had better storylines.

I say just do a movie based on the first game. Doesn't get any more raw than that. 100% pure, undilluted TR goodness. TR had a classy, sporty Lara who could settle a score with her physical skills and wits. Not her overly blown attitude and insanity.

eurisko
20th Feb 2004, 14:09
It didn't look as polished and filtered like, say, LOTR.
While that may be a valid point, you could have picked a better movie to compare it to! lol LOTR was digitally graded up the wahoo - basically nothing you see on screen was how it really looked :) Oh... that's the point.

Carry on, nothing to see here, move along peoples...

edit: fix0ring spelling

Trinity34
21st Feb 2004, 00:17
I think something like a TR4 storyline would be great... especially with the ending! :)

Cyber_Punk_303
21st Feb 2004, 04:22
I don't know how to explain it... But the film quality looked very cheap, almost grainy or something. And it seemed like it would skip frames now and again... Which might be a "special effect" - but IMO - it sucks. Lol.

All the things i said should not be taken literally, per se. I'm just trying to make a point.

dhama
21st Feb 2004, 12:29
I still can't get over how much I felt conned with TR2, The editing was absolutely atrocious. If they do make another, I hope Simon West directs; Jan De Bont just isn't in tune with what Tomb Raider is about.

burt_ie
23rd Feb 2004, 13:06
Cyber_Punk_303- i could not agree with you more....you voiced my whole opinion there about the movie franchise!

Altho i have enjoyed the previous two films......(only for entertainmets sake value)
I think a third would have to be diffrent
And if they did make the third like TR1....wow id love that!!1

Cyber_Punk_303
24th Feb 2004, 03:00
I also own the 2 movies; their fun but terribly half-assed.

No matter how often Eidos and Paramount*SAY* that they're taking the project seriously - they're not. Look at the final project! It's a joke!

The thing that depresses me is that it's the SAME PRODUCER who wants to make a 3rd movie. GET A NEW PRODUCER! I don't like his vision. It's too cartoony, fake, 2D, plain, generic, BORING.

Let's get a NEW producer and a new director. And get a director who is at least enthusiastic about the project. Anyone who's seen the "Making Of" featurettes for both films can't possible tell me that the directors were pouring their hearts and souls into it. There was no art to their directing!

I'm out -

burt_ie
24th Feb 2004, 11:57
Cyber_Punk_303 - i reckon we start a poll! :D

Definetly GET A NEW PRODUCER!!
Your right about his vison-it is to cartoony and shallow, lacks any depth or dimension that TR is about, its all very hollywoodised and just feels like any old action type movie-dull and yhea....whatever type of feel.

I own both movies, and will own the third if it comes out.....there are a handfull of nice little TR moments in the both films......but thats all they are.....it should be a continus feeling throughout the film, grippin atmospheric and definetly wanting to know whats going to happen next rather than thinking....what boaring B-line **** is going to happen now! hurry up and get to the end!

eurisko
24th Feb 2004, 14:40
All the things i said should not be taken literally, per se. I'm just trying to make a point.

Please don't take what I said about LOTR and digital grading seriously, either. I wasn't trying to make a point, just insert some humour. Being silly. Having a little fun. I thought I made that relatively clear but I see now that my sarcasm was a little lost. No matter :) I just wanted to clear it up though; All the things I said should not be taken literally. ;)

Trinity34
24th Feb 2004, 19:55
Get a new producer?? Lloyd Levin is one of the reasons the movies happened in the first place.. he was the one with the vision. I am all for a new director.... Jan DeBont said he did not want TR to be too fantasy-like but how can that be? There is a fantasy element in every TR game so there needs to be in the movies. Simon West was better at capturing the game but the action scenes were just not there. I think if we combine the two we would have a good movie! :)

Cyber_Punk_303
28th Feb 2004, 03:32
Judging by the poor sales ticket sales for COL, I'd say what the public wants is something DIFFERENT from the last two movies.

Treeble
29th Feb 2004, 21:12
Sales for the third will be even poorer. People ain't showing interest. When TR1 was out everyone went to see it. People who didn't "give away" their money for TR2 weren't happy with TR1. And people who weren't happy with TR2 won't "give away" their money for TR3!

IF at least every people that consider themselves a fan would go to the movies to spend 5 bucks and watch it the sales would have been very better, but the thing I most heard was: " I will wait till it comes out on DVD ".

Come on you guys! If you want a third, SHOW interest!

I was there, in the pre-release special sessions for both movies. And would be for the third and fourth and fifth and as many would come if it'd depend on me.

TR James
10th Mar 2004, 19:13
I did not like the films at all. They just didn't feel Tomb Raiderish enough. I think as Tomb Raider fans we all have a good idea of what is Tomb Raider. Perhaps they should have asked us instead of churning out the typically low-rate action movie that they did. And I agree. COL had a really low-grade feel to it. For example, the motorbike sequences. It was filmed in Wales and it LOOKED like Wales. I expected to see a sheep and a bungalow!:D The CG was bad too. Bad post-production, bad story, bad acting, bad actors (perhaps not AJ). Looks like they will definatley be making a third then! :D

burt_ie
11th Mar 2004, 10:46
Originally posted by TR James
the motorbike sequences. It was filmed in Wales and it LOOKED like Wales. I expected to see a sheep and a bungalow!:D

I live in a bunglow.....in wales lol :D (only joeking bout the bungalow bit) but yhea you could tell it was filmed here! lol

Collin
11th Mar 2004, 15:23
Maybe no TR3? Or one without AJ?

Read (http://www.forums.tombraider.be/index.php?showtopic=2469)

TR James
11th Mar 2004, 16:27
Wales is a very beautiful country (some bits can be ropey), it just felt like they had not bothered.

Does anyone remember before the 1st film out. I remeber how Core were saying how they didn't want someone who was already well known to play Lara. Did you know that they wrote the original script and Simon West binned it. I heard the interview with him before the 1st film came out. He kept describing key elements of Tomb Raider and going 'awful, how boring, no, I have changed all that.' And I just remember thinking. 'Oh hell, another naff action film.' I was so dissapointed. We waited ages for the Tomb Raider Movie and the can't deliver. How hard can it be to right a decent script? Not very I say. At least they didn't get rid of Lara's english accent. That would have been the final straw.
'Gee, I'm Lara Croft, lets go raid us some Tombs.' *TR James shudders and takes another prozac before immersing himself once again in his only world.