PDA

View Full Version : What Tomb Raider Game Do You Think Is The Hardest And Why?

Lud*s Gate
11th Feb 2004, 01:01
For me Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation was the hardest to play. The reason I feel this way is because of this: All of the other Tomb Raider games have levels that have a pretty definite start and finish. Once you finish the level you are done. You can't go back. But on Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation there are only a few levels like that. Instead there are many levels that are linked where you have to go back and forth like going in circles not knowing whether you are coming or going. That confused me a lot and was extremely challenging. Sometimes I just wouldn't know where to go or what to do. I like more definite endings to levels.

RebeL_fARmeR
13th Feb 2004, 21:52
AoD was quite hard to play with that control system and all... but if you mean DIFFICULTY then I'd say definitely TR1, the games got easier and easier over time and when you go back to TR1 you... gasp... actually DIE in game rather than losing 4% of your health bar in a mummy attack!

Blind Intentions
14th Feb 2004, 03:59
I thought Tomb Raider The Last Revelation was pretty hard. There were countless times I had to resort to a walk thru because I had no clue what to do next.

TR James
14th Mar 2004, 17:21
For me it was TR3. I can close so many times to using a walkthrough, but I am satisfied to say that I never did, nor cheats.

brent6980
6th Apr 2004, 03:45
TR3...This is the game, walk through or not, pushes Lara's abilities to the limit. But have not played AoD...

brent6980
(Normally post on TRLE)

Black Angel
8th Apr 2004, 19:56
For me the hardest game was Tomb Raider III, because of that monster secret in the Lost City of Tinnos. I am one of the few raiders that acquired all 70 of the games 69 secrets. I had fun in All Hallows too. I always wondered what Lara ever did with that Cathedral Key.

jso2897
12th Apr 2004, 01:45
Last Revelation has given me more trouble than any of the others - but not for legitimate reasons. Many people have complained about the bugs in TRAOD - but for me, I've encountered far more in TRLR. I have encountered no game-ending bugs in TRAOD, but so far I have had to download four savegames to make it through TRLR. If not for dear Stella, I wouldn't be able to play the game, and I'm not finished yet. Twice I have gotten stuck in weird places where Lara just jumps back and forth uncontrollably, and the games crashes with a DLL error. Twice parts of the game simply didn't work. Under the Pyramid, I encountered the bug that keeps the puzzle stones from resetting. And then later, at the gas station, I was unable to pick up the petrol can - it was just like a fixed object in the environment. And there's another cheesy thing about the final levels that I resent. It is full of simple, unchallenging sequences that have been made artificially dificult by being made PITCH DARK. That is NOT challenging game design - it's lazy, sloppy trickery, and doesn't impress me a bit. The truth is that the CORE machine fell apart after TR3. Chronicles and Angel were just attempts to make up for the mess that is TRLR - and while they are short and easy, they are both better games in my personal experience. I have had endless tech trouble with TRLR - I sometimes have to try 3 -4 times to get it to boot up properly, and it is always crashing - and I have not had any similar problems with any other TR games, not even the notorious TRAOD. So to me, it's not only the "hardest" TR game, it's also by far the worst.

Deekman
12th Apr 2004, 12:24
Originally posted by jso2897
Chronicles
If it weren't for the Level editor, I wouldn't still be playing
Oh what fun its been playing all the custom games.
Try Psiko's TRA complete game to test the extent of your raiding abilities.
That game really pushes the limits of what was done with the original engine.

collver
12th Apr 2004, 13:27
The last revelation because of that *ambed maze Had to go get the walk through for even on my tenth time through. Ackk