PDA

View Full Version : Defiance North America PC Patch!!!

Chris@Crystal
10th Feb 2004, 19:36
Greetings,
By popular demand a Defiance PC Patch for North America is now available for download. This is an unsupported patch, so if you have trouble with the game after installing it, do not email Eidos or Crystal Dynamics for help. Reinstall the game from your original CDs.

Here is the link to the patch that Ben Lincoln is hosting: Thanks Blinc!

http://www.thelostworlds.net/Defiance-Patch.HTML

Here is what the patch will address:
-Added 'compatibility mode' in the setup dialog, which will fix certain problems with problematic graphic card drivers and force feedback controllers.
-Added Reverb on sound effects with an in-game option to toggle it on/off.
-Added cheat codes.
-Changed the 'Secondary Stick' option to list all possible axis combinations exposed on the current game-pad. This makes sure the secondary stick of most game-pads can be configured.
-Fixed an unresponsive TK switch in the Air Reaver portal room.
-Fixed some miscellaneous crash problems.
-Fixed problem on computers where the "My Documents" folder is moved from the default location.
-Added user-selectable subtitle languages.
-Added some extra bonus items.
-Fixed the skipping of the ending cinematic when playing with keyboard or keyboard + mouse.
-Fixed a bug where movie subtitles got displayed during normal gameplay for a short time when a cinematic was skipped.
-Fixed a bug when installing the game on Win98.

This patch will bring the North American PC release of Defiance up to the same level as the European release.

~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Protector_Malek
12th Feb 2004, 23:51
why, thank you Chris!
Althought I never had a problem with Defiance (except when falling through the floor to your doom in Vorador's Mansion), I will try it out.... a fine excuse to play Defiance again :D :D for like... the 5th time!
Thanks again!!! You truly care for us ;)
PS: BTW, I think you should give Ben a bigger part in the next LOK game. He does A LOT for the LOK community. I don't know... Maybe his behind in the next game's promotional ad? (hey, nicholson said he wanted to! :D )

mario64
13th Feb 2004, 02:43
This patch completely breaks force feedback for me. Even the option of turning it off and on is disabled.

It's a shame to have to choose between having the right analog stick work correctly and having force feedback. :rolleyes:

Mario64

Jurjen
13th Feb 2004, 09:39
Mario64: Do you have compatibility mode enabled? (It's a new option.) It indeed completely disables force feedback, to solve compatibility issues people had with certain controlllers/driver versions.

Without compatibility mode your force feedback should still work fine.

- Jurjen

MaximumMayhem
13th Feb 2004, 12:58
I must send out a great thanks to the folks at Nixxes software, aswell as everyone else who made this happen.

I absolutely LOVE the cheats ;)

Thanks again.

-Steve

mario64
13th Feb 2004, 14:46
Originally posted by Jurjen
Mario64: Do you have compatibility mode enabled? (It's a new option.) It indeed completely disables force feedback, to solve compatibility issues people had with certain controlllers/driver versions.

Without compatibility mode your force feedback should still work fine.

- Jurjen
No, compatibility mode is not enabled. In fact, I tried enabling it just to see what that did. Of course, it didn't work. Either way I don't have force feedback with this patch installed.

All my other ff games work fine.

Mario64

Kain's Adversary
14th Feb 2004, 16:17
the cheats dont work.:( I tried to insert them with keyboard/keyboard+mouse/keyboard+gamepad.
I have the USA version and have installed the patch from Blincs site What must I do :confused:

van_HellSing PL
14th Feb 2004, 16:21
For the directions (up, down, left, right) you have to use the arrow keys, not WSAD or so.

Kain's Adversary
15th Feb 2004, 19:31
tried that too.but nothing seems to be working. I'm really hopeless:(

Jurjen
15th Feb 2004, 23:38
Are other people have the problem with not having force feedback in the 1.1 version?

blincoln
16th Feb 2004, 08:41
Actually, now that you mention it, my force feedback doesn't work either. I have compatibility turned off, but the option is still greyed out. I hadn't noticed because I'm not a huge force feedback fan.

My controller is a PS2 Dual Shock pad that I've got hooked up with a PS2 -> PC USB adapter.

The reverb, OTOH, is excellent =).

Jurjen
16th Feb 2004, 09:18
Lot's of PS2 -> USB adapters don't actually support force feedback... Did yours work in 1.0?

blincoln
16th Feb 2004, 09:29
Yes.

aznxdarkxromeo
16th Feb 2004, 23:02
if the codes don't work...reinstall your game...cause that's what happened to me..and it worked after I reinstalled the game...and don't go too mfast when you're entering the code..it has nothing to do with the speed..juss go as slow as you need and enter the code correctly

Kain's Adversary
18th Feb 2004, 14:38
So just reinstal the game and the patch then cheats should work fine. Im going to try it

WraithStar
20th Feb 2004, 23:43
Are old saves compatible with the patched version?

And I've been wondering, why is this patch "unofficial"? Why wouldn't they release an official patch?

xarax
21st Feb 2004, 15:46
...to skip chapters. I hate the Raziel chapters.:mad:

Jurjen
21st Feb 2004, 17:25
Are old saves compatible with the patched version?

Yes, they are.

Shifter
22nd Feb 2004, 15:55
whel this is fun i have the eu version since i live in holland and the cheats just dont work i tryed the key combo's (100 of times)
and nothing. and i got a ''pizza trainer'' a trainer i found that should give godmode etc and that gives a error

is there a trainer that does work or a patch 4 the eu people??

blincoln
22nd Feb 2004, 23:04
The trainer was made for the North American v1.0 release. It will not work with any other version of the game.

Jurjen
23rd Feb 2004, 09:54
The European version has working cheats out of the box. If you can't get them to work you are probably doing something wrong. Remember you have to enter them while in-game in the pause menu, not in the frontend, and you need to use the keyboard arrow keys for directions, not whatever you have mapped to up/left/right/down.

Ben, it might make sense to mention on your website that the patch doesn't just not work on the European version, but also that it's completely not needed, as the European version is already prepatched. (It ships as v1.1).

- Jurjen

Shifter
23rd Feb 2004, 10:43
the only key i might hit wrong is the combat lock i cant find it in the meneu is it : or ; ?

AndaPanda
23rd Feb 2004, 22:52
Originally posted by Shifter
the only key i might hit wrong is the combat lock i cant find it in the meneu is it : or ; ?

It's ; . You'd need to press SHIFT + ; for the : key, so that would mean there are two keys mapped for combat lock. Impossible :)

Shifter
23rd Feb 2004, 23:03
hmm weird still doesnt work

Shifter
23rd Feb 2004, 23:12
none of the cheats seem 2 work
ive beaten the game i just want 2 redo it @ a slow pace

AndaPanda
24th Feb 2004, 00:44
none of the cheats seem 2 work
ive beaten the game i just want 2 redo it @ a slow pace

Well they didn't work for me either. I own the US version of the game, so I had to install the 1.1 patch first. I did that, the codes didn't work, AND my game crashed like 20 times in the same spot (Chapter 1 with Kain - the courtyard with Malek's statue). So I kept my saves, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, only to realize all the bonus material was gone as well as the Dark Chronicle entries. I've finished the game for the second time now and got them all back, and although I'm dying to see toon Kain and other cool stuff like that, I won't take the chance with that patch again. :(

Shifter
24th Feb 2004, 10:16
had the same with sr2 the cheats etc dont work
and in bo2 the cheats worked then again it where not stupid console cheats

just get a pc cheats line like in maxpayne etc

blincoln
24th Feb 2004, 10:27
There are no cheat codes for SR2, which is probably why they didn't work =P.

BO2 only has one, and that is the one that gives you the Iron Armour and Soul Reaver. Editing game.erg is not "cheating," it's modifying the configuration file for the game.

Shifter
24th Feb 2004, 19:20
has the same result and ive never used the iron armor cheat

Kain's Adversary
25th Feb 2004, 12:17
You just have to change the : into another key fe a T
It worked for me and I had the same problem.
Try it

Tennz
28th Feb 2004, 00:39
My nostromo n45 gamepad dosen'tt seem to be working with the game. what is the prob? i have the 1.1 patch(tryed earler version didnt work either) and i tryed the compatiabititly mode still the same prob.

blincoln
28th Feb 2004, 02:22
Allegedly there is some software that comes with the N45 that allows you to map the buttons to various functions. I would check that and make sure it's set up to work as a gamepad and not a quasi-keyboard kind of thing.

Tennz
28th Feb 2004, 15:25
it is set to work as a game pad cause the option was aviable in soul reaver 2 to use the game pad and key board and the same with gta:vc.

vampire][vorador
28th Feb 2004, 23:39
the combat lock key is ç for me

Shifter
2nd Mar 2004, 15:42
still dont work but what the heck i found a trainer that does work only when i feed blood or souls i explode hehe

OugaBooga
3rd Mar 2004, 08:20
cool,thx for the patch:)

Darth Raziel
8th Mar 2004, 08:14
same with me. I tried reinstalling patching and trying different combos. Nothing works. BTW I use an Airflo PC controller and it works great lol.

btw do the full health and tk meters and all combos codes save? if so can someone email it to me?

also does anyone know of a trainer for 1.1 of the US version with inf tk and inf health?
is there a mod like thing to have the spirit reaver from the beginning?

nichie14
21st Mar 2004, 05:10
Hey i'm just curious, for people who have try the patch, did you guys think it's worth it to install it? I mean have it help even a bit on the gameplay?
Please let me know?
My pc is kinda low on space(fill with too much school projects) so i do'nt want to install something that won't help the gameplay.

Bruce Lee

swiftfox2.0
22nd Mar 2004, 02:15
My Gravis Eliminator Aftershock doesn't seem to work well with the new patch. Not only is force feedback greyed (mentioned before I know) but it seems to hate it when I use Gravis' software to configure the axis sensitivity and define a hotset so I don't have to use the keyboard to shift and select my Reaver type.

It just stops working with my controller altogether. The thing is, it worked fine in 1.0, so what's the deal?

Edit:
It's probably my controller's drivers and Windows 2000. I've uninstalled Defiance and re-installed without patching and it still didn't work right. I may just have to re-format my computer altogether, something I'm not looking forward to.

Radijs
29th Mar 2004, 16:50
This might be a stupid question but what is the lift key?

OugaBooga
29th Mar 2004, 16:57
well,i haven't tried the game yet or the patch,got too much to do right now BUT i'd like to know if there will be an "official" patch for this???
TY

card
29th Mar 2004, 17:53
the lift key is the one that attacks the enemy, "lifting" him in the air.

Kain_The Divine Vampire
25th Apr 2004, 22:28
uhhh.... gow do u download the thing??

Umah Bloodomen
25th Apr 2004, 22:31
Originally posted by Kain_The Divine Vampire
uhhh.... gow do u download the thing??

The link to where the patch is located is contained within the initial post of this thread. :)

Kain_The Divine Vampire
25th Apr 2004, 23:22
nonono the acctual game thingy
:(

Umah Bloodomen
25th Apr 2004, 23:45
Originally posted by Kain_The Divine Vampire
nonono the acctual game thingy
:(

Downloading the game is illegal and requesting where to do it is a violation of the Terms of Use of Our Community (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18226). (Which you agreed to upon registering here).

My advice to you would be to review what is contained in the link that I have provided as failure to adhere to what it entails in the future will result in the enforcement of the TOU including post pruning (deletion) and/or active membership termination.

You really need to go out and purchase a legitimate copy of the game and refrain from requesting a pirated copy here.

Thanks. :)

Erving JeansBgone
31st May 2004, 12:55
Well Anda i have the same thing,a US PC version of Defiance,when in the game,just hit "ESC" then type in the cheats,they work for me just fine(with the 1.1 patch),

Toon Mode:
up,down,up,down,suck,TK aim,down,TK blast,lift attack.

Cheep cardboard tube Reaver(Kain only):
up,down,left,right,TK aim,lift attack,down,TK blast.

Wireframe: Mode:Autoface,down,Autoface,up,suck,autoface,down,liftattack.

Textureless:
autoface,down,TK aim,right,TK aim,up,lift attack,autoface,down.

Fill-up:
left,right,left,right,suck,autoface,TK blast,lift attack,down.

All up:
left,left,up,up,autoface,TK aim,TK,blast,down,lift attack.

Dathshrak
24th Aug 2004, 01:24
The last I knew there was no PC version of Defiance. I was all amped about it coming out and then blam there was no PC version. I got so mad because I don't have any other type of system and won't buy one for just one game. So if you know where I can pick up a copy plz tell me.

Umah Bloodomen
24th Aug 2004, 14:18
Originally posted by Dathshrak
The last I knew there was no PC version of Defiance. I was all amped about it coming out and then blam there was no PC version. I got so mad because I don't have any other type of system and won't buy one for just one game. So if you know where I can pick up a copy plz tell me.

There is a PC version of Defiance. You may wish to check the Eidos site (http://www.eidosinteractive.com/estore/index.html). (This link is for the stateside version, you may have to select the site relevent to where you're located). Other options would be to check your local retailer, Ebay or Amazon.

:)

kzieres61
24th Aug 2004, 17:16
I was wondering if there was an alternate ending on Defiance if you beat it on a harder lvl or ifit's all the same ending?

Azazel
24th Aug 2004, 21:02
Originally posted by kzieres61
I was wondering if there was an alternate ending on Defiance if you beat it on a harder lvl or ifit's all the same ending?
There are no difficulty levels, are there?

kzieres61
26th Aug 2004, 16:35
My mistake there are no diff settings. However, is there still a differnet ending then the one I got. which was like 3 minutes. Kain standing in the room with the 12 chairs, and saying a bunch of things, then ending it. is that the only ending? or is there more?

Azazel
27th Aug 2004, 14:15
I know of only one ending.

weaponx
18th Oct 2004, 11:51
theirs only one ending and thats it...well that ending is what i would have expected for the last lok game but what ever the case i carnt wait till lok:d2 to come out

DMraider
17th Sep 2005, 18:54
Actually, now that you mention it, my force feedback doesn't work either. I have compatibility turned off, but the option is still greyed out. I hadn't noticed because I'm not a huge force feedback fan.

My controller is a PS2 Dual Shock pad that I've got hooked up with a PS2 -> PC USB adapter.

The reverb, OTOH, is excellent =).

Well my Dual shock on my PS2 doesn`t work for about 2 years. I`m not really sure how long because I really didn`t notice it for a long time. I remember I noticed it once but I forgot about that afterwards...Kinda weird, buying a new controller didn`t help hehe

razielram
13th Jan 2006, 04:51
ai, alguem ai sabe se nesse patch tem legenta (subtitle) em português?

Irmok the Mad
3rd Jun 2007, 11:06
The cheats don't work for me, but no matter the game is more fun without them. (with the exception of the cardboard tube and the the 'toon' models)

The only thing this patch dosen't fix for me is my dishwashing machine. :scratch:

Vampmaster
3rd Jun 2007, 12:19
I'll put them in the debug menu next time I update the trainer.

WraithStar
4th Jun 2007, 00:17
My mistake there are no diff settings. However, is there still a differnet ending then the one I got. which was like 3 minutes. Kain standing in the room with the 12 chairs, and saying a bunch of things, then ending it. is that the only ending? or is there more?

The only thing I know about the ending is that on the PC version, the ending didn't play and I had to select it from the Dark Chronicle to see it (I can't remember if the patch fixed this or not, but it might be why you think there is an extra ending).

Sina
3rd Feb 2008, 21:20
Greetings,
By popular demand a Defiance PC Patch for North America is now available for download. This is an unsupported patch, so if you have trouble with the game after installing it, do not email Eidos or Crystal Dynamics for help. Reinstall the game from your original CDs.

Here is the link to the patch that Ben Lincoln is hosting: Thanks Blinc!

http://www.thelostworlds.net/Defiance-Patch.HTML

Here is what the patch will address:
-Added 'compatibility mode' in the setup dialog, which will fix certain problems with problematic graphic card drivers and force feedback controllers.
-Added Reverb on sound effects with an in-game option to toggle it on/off.
-Added cheat codes.
-Changed the 'Secondary Stick' option to list all possible axis combinations exposed on the current game-pad. This makes sure the secondary stick of most game-pads can be configured.
-Fixed an unresponsive TK switch in the Air Reaver portal room.
-Fixed some miscellaneous crash problems.
-Fixed problem on computers where the "My Documents" folder is moved from the default location.
-Added user-selectable subtitle languages.
-Added some extra bonus items.
-Fixed the skipping of the ending cinematic when playing with keyboard or keyboard + mouse.
-Fixed a bug where movie subtitles got displayed during normal gameplay for a short time when a cinematic was skipped.
-Fixed a bug when installing the game on Win98.

This patch will bring the North American PC release of Defiance up to the same level as the European release.

~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Download link is dead.:whistle:

amanda
8th Feb 2008, 14:00
Sina
You can download patch here (http://www.thelostworlds.net/Software/Defiance_PC_Patch_version_1.1.html) :)

Sina
8th Feb 2008, 18:44
Sina
You can download patch here (http://www.thelostworlds.net/Software/Defiance_PC_Patch_version_1.1.html) :)

Thanks Amanda.