PDA

View Full Version : Installation issues

CelticAngel
9th Feb 2004, 19:29
I've been looking all over for an answer to this problem, but there seems to be none. I have Defiance for the PC. I hit "install" and it immiately tells me there was a problem with a .tmp file.

Has anyone else had this problem or is just my computer?

Thanks!
-CA

zeke009
9th Feb 2004, 21:08
delete all temp files if you can. Depending on your OS there are a few utils you can use to clean for you if you don't know how to manually.

If that doesn't work... reply with what you tried and the specs of your machine.

Jurjen
9th Feb 2004, 21:56
What is the exact error message you get?

CelticAngel
9th Feb 2004, 22:20
Jurjen--The error message is "SET$.tmp has encountered a problem and must be closed, sorry for the inconvinience." Where $=some random number or letter.

Zeke009--I've removed all the temp files I can find, mostly using the disk-cleanup through windows. What specs do you want? I'm running WindowsXP on a Compaq...any more detailed than that and I'd have to look (about to run out the door in a sec so...yeah).

CelticAngel
10th Feb 2004, 16:06
Sorry for the double post, but I think I just found out something interesting. I tried fixing my computer (thinking the fault was on my end) then attempted installation again. When the error popped up, I pulled out the disc, and it yelled at me that even though it errored, the error needed the CD.

So maybe it's not on my end...

zeke009
10th Feb 2004, 16:11
maybe it's the disc, see if you can't return/swap it.

CelticAngel
10th Feb 2004, 16:14
Originally posted by zeke009
maybe it's the disc, see if you can't return/swap it.

I'm going to do just that. I'm very glad that the fault may not be my computer. I had people telling me things from bad ram to viruses. Eep!