PDA

View Full Version : LOL

ConcernedGamer101
9th Feb 2004, 08:38
i just rented blood omen 2 for xbox...wow what a misteak that was...such bad controls. holy god ive never played a game with worse controls...well maybe true crime but this cuts the cake. crappy sidestepping. also very slow reaction time. why can they crouch and i couldnt? looked stupid, then they just impale u with their 1 hit knock u down strikes. i literally fell off my chair laughing at the game. + not to mention many glitch such as dudes getting stuck to floor,and im pretty sure i ripped a dudes heart out from behind, but yet again i laughed bc his chest looked undamaged, not being able to skip cutscenes, and weapons passing through people then they hit u right after? "i was swinging first, and u walk thru it and hit me?" f that. i immediately took the game back and rented something else. thank god i didnt buy it. was gonna by defiance, but guess what! NOT FOR GAMECUBE? me and my friends were like jesus. what are they doing...oh well...lost customers.

blincoln
9th Feb 2004, 10:26
The Gamecube doesn't have a big enough market share to make it worth releasing games for anymore. It's sad - I own one, and I think it's great - but you're just not going to see many third party games for it anymore.

hippiechk
9th Feb 2004, 15:25
If it weren't for Pokemon, Ninendo would have died a long time ago (IMO). But, even Pokemon is dying now. So how long can Nintendo stay alive?

Btw, I'm not a huge fan of BO2, but I didn't think it was as horrible as you say. It's bad as far as LOK goes, but on it's own, it's a decent game. I've played worse. Oh well.

van_HellSing PL
9th Feb 2004, 15:44
Nintendo will never die :p . And, I recently played BO2(PC) the second time and liked it better then the first time...

blincoln
9th Feb 2004, 17:39
funny isnt it. all the dedicated nintendo fans are being shunned by corporate whores.

Only if by "corporate whores" you mean "companies interested in making money instead of losing it."

The Gamecube just is not a profitable platform for most third party publishers.

Umah Bloodomen
9th Feb 2004, 18:08
I will advise the participants of this thread to ensure that their language shapes up and that they are to be constructive with their opinion. For those of you who need to do so, please review the Terms of Use of Our Community (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18226) as soon as it is convenient for you to do so.

Thanks. :)

JJheadcharge
9th Feb 2004, 20:16
i dont care how bad the series may have been before. i had a few pet peeves with the soul reaver series (jumping on obstacles was very hard considering he would run on his own at the slightest tap of the controls, fighting attacks seemed pretty slow yet your enemies are hella fast and do a lot of damage, and soul eating was horrible. you couldnt even move around and avoid your enemies so they could attack you. so your hard earned soul doesnt even make up for the damage you lost while trying to consuming it, using your wraith blade is impossible at times because you lose it if damaged or there is some other catch to keeping you from using it as a primary weapon) but either way, defiance is great. it made up for everything i thought was wrong with the original games(except they pulled a contradictory and messed up the camera whilsts fixing everything else). so dont let your impression of the other games sway your opinion of defiance.

kain-the-great
10th Feb 2004, 01:07
i have a few things in the games. in bo2 (ps2) you have to hold the r1 button to attack and block and sometimes kain would walk backwards for no reason. defiance was the fact that the camera got stuck behind walls and the enemieas got stuck in the ground.