PDA

View Full Version : the camera is that bad

ben4345
9th Feb 2004, 00:40
I thought to myself .... this game looks good and got a recommend on it , so I bot it , install it , played for about 10 minutes....Then I quit the game....(because of the camera and contral )You simply can not predict witch direction your gonna move. unless you've memorised all the views. this is my first time playing LOK series and I'm deeply disappointed. Dosen't matter if I use keyboard of joypad. It takes me several trys (5-30 times) just to get past a small area that requires jumping:mad: And I'm NOT complaining because everyone else is. All I can think to myself now is that I wasted $30 so unless they release a patche for this....I'm just gonna uninstall it and never buy another LOK again!

KaliMagdalene
9th Feb 2004, 01:40
There are a few areas that typically take several attempts to get past - such as the rising deadly mist in Raziel's first level, or the water/ice area in Kain's. Most of the game seems to lack such problems.

And even when you do encounter them, the game puts you right near the start, so it's not that hard to get back into it.

blincoln
9th Feb 2004, 02:49
You are going to move in the direction that you press the control stick. I don't understand what's so hard about that.

Ken Cow!
9th Feb 2004, 03:56
Ten minutes is more than enough time to judge this 10 hour+ game. Really, it is.

How come most of the complaints here are from PC gamers?
Eidos LOSES money from the PC release! They gave it to us out of good faith! Be thankful! Take a little more time to learn how the camera works!

you WILL get used to the camera. Keep at it!

xarax
9th Feb 2004, 04:21
Please refrain from personal attacks. The complaints about the camera and controls are valid, and are definitely not a reflection on any player's mental capacity.:mad:

Umah Bloodomen
9th Feb 2004, 04:58
Please refrain from attacking AND/OR retaliating against anyone. If a problem arises, you all have the responsibility to report it to the moderators. Not doing so only subjects you to the enforcement of the TOU in addition to those who start the melodrama.

Now with that out of the way, this will be the only interjection I make in this thread. If you cannot remain constructive it will be closed and the TOU will be enforced. We are really tired of being ignored on this issue.

Thanks.

DarkWraith
9th Feb 2004, 10:06
OI didn't have any problems with the camera at all. It was a little confusing going into rooms at first and then having to change the direction i was walking in but i got used to it after a while. We are human beings and therfore adaptable. Just make use of your latent abilaties.

DW

blincoln
9th Feb 2004, 10:23
The complaints about the camera and controls are valid, and are definitely not a reflection on any player's mental capacity.

For someone who allegedly returned the game and denies its existence, you sure seem to care a lot about it.

epica_4_ever
9th Feb 2004, 12:02
Well, I 100% agree.. the camera really sux and makes the game 10 times harder to play for all PC users.. ok, I'm glad they made a pc version, but they should have kept the soulreaver2 camera.. ok, that gave me problems some times too, but this is unberable.. I now am at Voradors mansion at the part where you get the second spear and have to jump pilars from one side of the guarden to the other, and there is absolutely no way I can make it.. and just walking back to the position where you have to jump takes 5 minutes.. just 6 tries and you're 30 minutes further.. :/

fneh
9th Feb 2004, 12:14
Is there any chance of a sticky camera thread for everyone to complain in? It would sure beat all the flamers forcing all these topics to get closed......

I agree about the camera. It's a mess. totally ruined the game for me but I'm not going to go into detail again as everyone (even those in denial) know all the problems with it.

Lär
9th Feb 2004, 13:14
Originally posted by fneh
Is there any chance of a sticky camera thread for everyone to complain in? It would sure beat all the flamers forcing all these topics to get closed.....

I agree Fneh. Time and time again, Umah Bloodomen has asked that everyone keep the threads constructive. Maybe try to help the person out. Offer a tip, or "trick". She has also asked that negative comments about the author, or any contributor, should remain out of the thread and off this board entirely. Apparently, no one listens, 'cause just about EVERY camera related thread gets locked because of someones snide remarks. :mad:

Ben4345, take it slow. Eventually, you will grow accustom to the new camera and control system. If you're playing on PC, you should definitely play with a gamepad. I started out on keyboard/mouse combo and hated it!! I switched to a good dual analog gamepad, and my gameplay improved drastically. :)

Later! :D

fneh
9th Feb 2004, 13:58
Sure we CAN get used to the camera if we play it enough, but it's STILL inferior even after hours of doing this.

And who wants to have to spend so much time 'adjusting' to a camera just so you can enjoy a game. You can't play it so much you finally start to ignore all these faults.

The camera could actually work if we had more control over it. When we nudge it about it should rotate around the character to help keep a sense of directiong.

And if need be you could move the camera directly behind the character to see what's in front of you instead of having to resort to the first person view (which I don't like using since they moved the button to access it for some strange reason)

WraithStar
9th Feb 2004, 16:34
Originally posted by epica_4_ever
I now am at Voradors mansion at the part where you get the second spear and have to jump pilars from one side of the guarden to the other, and there is absolutely no way I can make it.. and just walking back to the position where you have to jump takes 5 minutes.. just 6 tries and you're 30 minutes further.. :/

Are you walking all the way back in spectral? It is much easier to return to material, climb up the wall to the right (the side of the mansion), and you're right back where you started. It is very annoying, but at least it doesn't take too long. I hope this helps.