PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] Wow… Just Awesome

LOKFan
8th Feb 2004, 06:44
I just completed Defiance yesterday and I must say it is the best of the series and one of the best games I have ever played.

The combat system is extremely fun and addictive; I have never been bored and tired of it yet. Unlike in SR and SR2 where I had an urge to just run past and jump over enemies, I now look forward to every battle I have; trying out all the Reaver spells and Special moves.

The camera is fantastic; it has a great cinematic feel and is helpful in that it always points in the direction I want it to. I never had any problems with it at all, any jumping platform problems I had were no different from any other game.

The story was a bit lacking in the first half of the game but once past that once it really picked up and kept me gripped. So much was explained. I was and still am amazed and shocked by everything that happened. I thought nothing could beat SR2’s ending but this did and then some. Totally amazing.

I cannot thank Crystal Dynamics enough for this great game that was truly worth all these months I’ve waited for it. Defiance truly surpassed many of my expectations and I hope this will be maintained for the next LOK game.

Mrxknown
8th Feb 2004, 08:04
Yeah me too. I mean you would never have expect Donald Duck taking Raziels place as Time Guardian, so Raziel could live his life in the demon demension, and Kain got traped in an never ending cycle of killing Moebuis while wearing a Mickey Mouse uniform.

JUST KIDDING Ya'll Goofy made an appearance too so his appearance in BO was explained.

Just one question, do I need sleep?

SPOILER:

I loved the game, but got bored of the fighting (lack of creative solutions, aka no other weapons or fighting techniques) and puzzles. When replaying the game I HATE the puzzles for the forges, fairly redundant.